Birchbox - February 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats a swap thread?

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey! Would it be okay if we started a swap thread for BB Group subscribers, too?

Hi everyone! I am new to this group and just wanted to say hello! I have been subscribed to BB for about 5 months and so far I love it. I can't wait for the Feb. boxes! My birthday is on the 10th, so this month's box is going to be like an extra birthday present.
icon_razz.gif

I noticed that there are 5 new products from brands new to Birchbox listed on the website: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/new

Dermalogica, Violet Lips, Eye Rock. I believe the WEI buffing beads are new too, though they have sampled products from WEI before. My guess is that these specific products might not be in boxes, but it's likely that products from these brands will be in at least some boxes. I've noticed that when they add a brand, they often add several products and sample some but not always all. For example Origins: Origins was new to BB in January and they sampled the face wash but added 5 Origins products total.

I pretty much expect there will ALWAYS be a fragrance sample! Thankfully, so far it's always been vials, not the icky little swipe-strips!

I have a bad feeling that those lip tattoos will be the "extra" item.

Originally Posted by Ultracitrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed that there are 5 new products from brands new to Birchbox listed on the website: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/new

Dermalogica, Violet Lips, Eye Rock. I believe the WEI buffing beads are new too, though they have sampled products from WEI before. My guess is that these specific products might not be in boxes, but it's likely that products from these brands will be in at least some boxes. I've noticed that when they add a brand, they often add several products and sample some but not always all. For example Origins: Origins was new to BB in January and they sampled the face wash but added 5 Origins products total.

Originally Posted by daisy351 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would actually be okay with that. As long as it's the "extra" item, not a main item LOL

Lip tatts? I was in Sephora and hubby seen them and said how big of a nuisance do girls want to look like these days? Keep in mind, we live in Jersey and they was Leopard print.

Well as much as I wouldn't mind a chocolate treat, I' am sure that we will get some sort of thing that looks and smells like dog puke again. Really hoping that there is at least a makeup product in there.

Hey!  I'm not sure if this question was answered yet, but:

I have finally referred a couple of people from my video blogs to sign up for Birchbox, but they have been told that Birchbox is currently sold out of subscriptions but they will be put on a waiting list.  Anybody have any clue how long the waiting list is for? 

Originally Posted by daisy351 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would actually be okay with that. As long as it's the "extra" item, not a main item LOL

hello! and welcome!  i am anxious for this months bb too!  do you belong to any other subs??  (happy birthday!)
wave.gif

Originally Posted by NicoleRoyer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone! I am new to this group and just wanted to say hello! I have been subscribed to BB for about 5 months and so far I love it. I can't wait for the Feb. boxes! My birthday is on the 10th, so this month's box is going to be like an extra birthday present.
icon_razz.gif

As previously mentioned here are the items on their what's new page.

Eye Rock Designer Liner $13

Jouer Body Butter $32

Violent Lips Glitter Lip Tattoo $20

Violent Lips Lip Tattoo $15

I have to admit I've been wanting to try the lip tattoos for a while. I highly doubt I would buy it.

WEIâ„¢ Pomegranate Buffing Beads $20.00

Im not subscribed to birchbox right now, but I have tried the violent lips before. Right when the company launched they asked me to be an ambassador for a bit and sent me 50 free pairs in return for me modeling and promoting them. They were actually really fun to try out, though I would definitely say they are better suited for photo shoots, costume parties, or short outings as the wear time before cracking and peeling is less than stellar. I don't think I'd pay to get more, but I think they are a pretty decent item to sample especially the glitter ones which are much more neutral 
laughing.gif

these are some of the pairs I have

What they look like on...this is an obnoxious print but most of the others look much more natural when applied. 

When I worked at Ulta and Violent Lips just started getting carried there I got a sample.  I've never used it.  It's not my thing.  I REALLY hope I don't get one(or that it's just an extra like others said).

Back