Sign in to follow this  
CourtneyB

Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Originally Posted by Wida View Post

If you have sensitive eyes, paint the ends of your lashes with Stila liner.  I have it in Flash and did that and it added such a pretty pop of color over the mascara.  That way, it won't touch your skin and cause burning and you can still use it. I don't have sensitive eyes and mine didn't burn, but I can't draw a straight line with a liquid liner to save my life so I played with it and I really liked the end result of painting the tips of my lashes.

After 3 or 4 months of using eye liner, I can finally do it! It seriously took me that long before I could do it without messing it up

I love the thick shadow pencils to use on my eyes because they are so forgiving and you don't have to draw a straight line.  I've been lazy like that for years and I've never bothered to try anything else.  I love the Stila, but it looks like it was drawn on by my 2 year old, lol. I'll keep practicing.

I am terrible at eyeliner all around. I absolutely hate sticking things in my eye so the bottom never works for me and I have problems with the top. Haven't gotten brave enough yet to try the liquid from Stila, in fact I bought a cheapy liquid from Dollar General last night to practice with.

Originally Posted by Wida View Post

If you have sensitive eyes, paint the ends of your lashes with Stila liner.  I have it in Flash and did that and it added such a pretty pop of color over the mascara.  That way, it won't touch your skin and cause burning and you can still use it. I don't have sensitive eyes and mine didn't burn, but I can't draw a straight line with a liquid liner to save my life so I played with it and I really liked the end result of painting the tips of my lashes.

That is a good tip! I bet it looked really pretty

My trick to perfect liquid liner is I hold it with my pinky sticking out, which I use to anchor my hand by pressing it firmly into my cheek, if that makes sense.  It steadies my hand, I'm a nonstop coffee drinker so my hands get the jitters.  

Originally Posted by Becca8093 View Post

Did the Stila liner sting anyone else's eyes? I love the color (rock candy), but not sure I'll really use it now.

I find it a little irritating, especially as the day goes on. I think it's the glitter flecks causing it, so I probably won't buy this liner. Plus I think the pen is a little too soft and long which doesn't make for the best application in my opinion. 

BirchBox continues to disappoint - I still have not received my replacement Dr. Jart BB Cream. I emailed them again. Anyone else still waiting on theirs or am I just BirchBox Cursed?

Originally Posted by page5 View Post

BirchBox continues to disappoint - I still have not received my replacement Dr. Jart BB Cream. I emailed them again. Anyone else still waiting on theirs or am I just BirchBox Cursed?

I am waiting as well.

I emailed them about my empty tube and five days later they wrote back saying they would send another along with shipping confirmation. 10 days later I emailed them back about not getting the item OR shipping confirmation and two days later (their normal) they wrote back saying I won't get a shipping notice and she could confirm my BB was on its way. It's been a few days and I still don't have it. I like birchbox but this has been disappointing. At this point I would rather just have bonus points or something.

What? Are you serious, I'm not the only one that got an empty tube? Unbelievable. Apparently a lot of people had empty bottles! It took me a long time to get my replacement bottles. I had given up on them!

Regarding the Dr. Jart BB sample, I contacted BirchBox Ops through twitter, and they emailed immediately saying they will send a replacement along with the shipping confirmation. A week went by so I emailed them to follow up. Again, I got an immediate response that they will check with shipping. That was a week ago. I'm tempted to email them again and just tell them I don't want the damn thing.

For some reason I bought a year subscription. Really the savings isn't much, but offer a "discount" and I'm a sucker for it. Now I wonder whether I'll be happy with it. I probably should just enjoy what they send, of course I knew some products I wouldn't like or want, that's just normal, not everyone will like/want everything..anyhow is there any way for me to terminate a year subscription and get a refund for the unused months, or am I stuck with it now..

Has anyone gotten a year subscription and thought it wasn't worth it? or thought it was?

I think I'm going to put this post on a new thread, as its not really related to May's box..

Originally Posted by suenotto View Post

For some reason I bought a year subscription. Really the savings isn't much, but offer a "discount" and I'm a sucker for it. Now I wonder whether I'll be happy with it. I probably should just enjoy what they send, of course I knew some products I wouldn't like or want, that's just normal, not everyone will like/want everything..anyhow is there any way for me to terminate a year subscription and get a refund for the unused months, or am I stuck with it now..

Has anyone gotten a year subscription and thought it wasn't worth it? or thought it was?

I think I'm going to put this post on a new thread, as its not really related to May's box..

Its always worth it to ask. My friend got a refund on a 3 month subscription because her mom HATED it. Just ask them.

Originally Posted by suenotto View Post

Techinically no, according to their terms, you cannot get a refund on a yearly sub, but yeah...can't hurt to ask.

Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post

I emailed them about my empty tube and five days later they wrote back saying they would send another along with shipping confirmation. 10 days later I emailed them back about not getting the item OR shipping confirmation and two days later (their normal) they wrote back saying I won't get a shipping notice and she could confirm my BB was on its way. It's been a few days and I still don't have it. I like birchbox but this has been disappointing. At this point I would rather just have bonus points or something.

I totally agree! The same thing happened to me for my FIRST BB. I emailed them and they got back to me a week later basically stating they'll send me another one but no further info.  I'd much MUCH rather have points. Boo birchbox! I feel this is gonna be a very short, mediocre relationship.

I thought I read that you can cancel a year subscription as long as it's within the first month.

Hey guys! I have a question! Has anyone actually gotten their 3-month discount coupon? This will be my 4th box and I am yet to receive any type of coupon or discount code... Should I call?

By the way I have had better luck with leaving a voicemail than I have with e-mailing.  Ive only had to do each one time but I got a response much faster with voicemail than with e-mail!

xX

Funny, isn't it, how the products we thought we'd like we tend to hate and vice-versa?   I wasn't a fan of the Stila eyeliner I recieved, but loved the Ojon Shampoo and the Miracle Skin transformer!

I got a 3 month discount code, maybe it went to your spam folder? I would contact them about it no matter what because the codes only work for a few days.

I got one too.  I'm waiting on the 6 month code since my sixth month anniversary with BB is this month

bb three month code