Sign in to follow this  
ValentineLissar

MyGlam - June 2012 Bag

Yeah I agree it does feel like that!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't updated!  Guess I might be rolling the dice this month!  I guess I have tomorrow to decide.....

Originally Posted by Samantha Calkin View Post

I didnt update either, I didn't even think about being billed twice! I better not! but I was reading an email I got and they said you'll get it but it might not be on time? I feel like its a threat if we don't update our information wtf.gif

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar View Post

Hey Zadidoll,

What makes you think that it's the Nyx marker specifically?  Or was that just a hunch?  Don't want to misinformation to get passed around.

As mentioned, NYX has been their "go-to" company. It's just a guess, I said it "COULD BE". While it hasn't been confirmed as NYX it was pretty much confirmed it's NOT Urban Decay as the comment Mira (MyGlam Social Media Manager) said was Urban Decay liners were in the April bag.

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

The black could be a eyeliner marker. NYX does make three.

SFEM_a.jpg PEL_a.jpg SSEM_a.jpg

See, I like those lipliner colors, and the eyeliner looks pretty cool.

But I feel like I can just buy those products from NYX if that's what I really end up wanting out of the bag. I dunno.

My billing info still has to be updated as well, and at this point I'm thinking it's better to just let it go and not update it.

I feel bad, because their CS is sooooo nice. They were increadably accomedating and kind to me when my account got deleted due to the website glitch. (sorry for the spelling errors, for some reason my spellchecker won't work on this site!)

I think they're a great company, and the bags are cutesy and have alright stuff in them. They just aren't quite what I want out of a sub service I guess.

Well, I guess what I was trying to get at was "let's not get our hopes up" for one specific Nyx product. Enough people seem disappointed that MyGlam doesn't deliver. I wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire with things that they weren't even trying to hype up.

We don't even know if we're getting eyeliner or if the person leaking sneaks just drew doodles on her hand. 

I was thinking that. It looks more like sharpie doodles than eyeliner to me.

Originally Posted by lovepink View Post

Yeah I agree it does feel like that!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't updated!  Guess I might be rolling the dice this month!  I guess I have tomorrow to decide.....

I haven't updated my billing either but I have a year subscription that ends in December.  I want to wait to see how Myglam evolves over the next few months and decide in the fall whether or not to resub.  If I do, I'm going to choose the monthly option next time.

I haven't wrote on my skin with a Sharpie in a long time but if I remember right it use to 'bleed' pretty bad on skin and I don't see much of that in this picture :)

Originally Posted by Hezzie View Post

In the post it did state some of the products for June which indicates more than one.

Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

In the post it did state some of the products for June which indicates more than one.

Maybe.  I would have interpreted the "some" of the products as being variation of different colored lip liners that are going out, not that they were sneaking two completely different products in the same picture.  But who knows? I would be pleasantly surprised if I got a lippie liner and a eye liner.  

Maybe.  I would have interpreted the "some" of the products as being variation of different colored lip liners that are going out, not that they were sneaking two completely different products in the same picture.  But who knows? I would be pleasantly surprised if I got a lippie liner and a eye liner.  

Let's hope for the best! lol It does show a variation of colors ...but some of the textures seem different..

Am I the only one here who doesn't see lipliner? It's a product I don't use so I could very possibly be completely wrong, but when I first saw the pic on fb I thought lip or eye crayons...again, i'm probably wrong. My guess tho, is since the theme is "out all night," whatever we're getting is meant to last a while, so a liquid eyeliner would make sense. I just hope this bag is a good one, because its deciding whether I cancel or give them another chance.

Originally Posted by ladygrey View Post

I think the idea of a sparkly, glittery bag is really, really cute. But, I'm gonna have to agree--it looks like its made of cardboard or something. Not too impressive. 

I co-sign. I like the idea but the execution (@ least from the pic) makes it look like two pieces of cardboard glued together :(

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez View Post

Am I the only one here who doesn't see lipliner? It's a product I don't use so I could very possibly be completely wrong, but when I first saw the pic on fb I thought lip or eye crayons...again, i'm probably wrong. My guess tho, is since the theme is "out all night," whatever we're getting is meant to last a while, so a liquid eyeliner would make sense. I just hope this bag is a good one, because its deciding whether I cancel or give them another chance.

I don't remember if I posted it here or on their wall but I said I thought these look like NYX Jumbo Lip Pencils or something similar. It's simply my guess as to the pinks.

The tip doesn't appear to match the really big NYX liner or the skinny one.

It does look similar to the NYX felt tip eyeliner tip though.

Oh I'm good! I can rule out the fat one by NYX so it's one of the two remaining skinny ones.

Originally Posted by xlisaa View Post

Another Sneak Peek!
545776_376524952394832_1864778882_n.jpg

The black could be a eyeliner marker. NYX does make three.

SFEM_a.jpg PEL_a.jpg SSEM_a.jpg

Oh I'm good! I can rule out the fat one by NYX so it's one of the two remaining skinny ones.

Zadi have you ever considered being a private investigator? I think you would be crazy good at it! :)

LOL Nope.

MyGlam was pretty predictable. Now whether I'm right on if it's NYX or another brand remains to be seen. Looks like Facebook is down for me right now.

I really don't think it's any of the NYX felt markers because if you look at it, the actual felt part of the liner is much longer then any of the NYX one's are. I'm excited those because I use these frequently :)

My 1st thought was a mally stick type shadow. But after seeing The dark pink not so sure about that lol who knows...

I did a search for "Liquid Eyeliner" on DermStore.com and Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eyeliner was one of the results. It's a pricey eyeliner ($32.00!), but it does look similar to the sneak peek picture, and MyGlam seems to love DermStore.

Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eyeliner.jpg

From cafemakeup.com:

Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eyeliner Cafe Makeup 1.jpgHourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eyeliner Cafe Makeup 2.jpg

- - I'm more inclined to believe it's the NYX Felt Tip Liner, but I was just bored and searching. ^_^