MyGlam - June 2012 Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a feeling they will be sending spoilers after they charged us on the 1st.
Hehe, that's exactly what I was thinking.  I'm so on the fence about cancelling, I keep looking for June spoilers, but nothing yet. I've been with MyGlam from the start, but I have a GlossyBox coming which looks so AWESOME, Birchbox, and Beauty Army sub, I need to cancel one for sure!!  Beauty Army, sadly, is failing to impress lately too, but at least they have a skip option.

Yeah, this one is one the verge of being cancelled. Since there won't be any more brushes (I hope), I'm waiting to see what they fill the bag with this month.

Although the bag looks cheaply made, I'm still happy about it...this is the make or break month for me, so I hope the inside is good, too

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to admit I'm not impressed by the picture. It seems even more cheaply made... glued together versus sewn.
That's what it looks like to me. and I have to say, honestly, it reminds me of a bag made out of sandpaper. It has the same exact color and the same textural look of sandpaper to me.

I really really hope it's not like that in person.

But it looks like it's flimsy and glued and will feel like fine grit sandpaper, so I'm really curious what it actually is like in real life.

This month is also my "make or break" month. I have two Julep Subs, one of which I will be skipping from now on because that's just too much, a Glossybox sub, Two birchboxes, one of those is getting cancelled as well, and then this one. So I definitely need to cut back somewhere and this one is at the bottom of my list of sub boxes so far. I REALLY really really wanted to like this sub soooo badly. But it just isn't cutting it for me so far. So this is definitely my deciding month.

I'm very much on the verge of cancelling this subscription. I just got my glambag a few days ago...

I have never had an issue with delivery but for some reason my bag was sent back to MyGlam after attempting to deliver it once. I know there wasn't an issue with my mailbox because I got mail on the day it says they attempted to deliver. I never got the opportunity to pick it up at the post office or have it dropped off at my door so I was a little unhappy about that. I emailed them and they got back to me quickly but it still took almost another 2 weeks for me to finally get my bag. The makeup bag smelled so terrible. It smells like the cheap, chinese glue that they use in counterfeit products. The lipstick color was decent but I just don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth in these bags anymore. I hated the nail decals and just added the brush to the set and threw it in my makeup tub. I feel like I get a much better deal out of the products from BirchBox with the loyalty points, etc. Plus, I never feel like i'm getting super cheap products... even in their small samples. 

I'm not at all impressed by this bag. It looks cheap and, like CaliMel said, it reminds me of sandpaper. I'm not a fan of glitter bags because they shed so much and my husband HATES glitter with a passion. Lol. I look forward to their sneak peeks since we don't get a choice of what products we are getting or the option of skipping a month. It's kind of shady that they are waiting until after they have charged everyone to release even one sneak peek of the products and sent the bag sneak peak out to only a few people in their emails. I am subscribed to their email notifications and I didn't get a preview of the bag. 

The month before was a step up in quality but it seems like they are starting to take 2 steps back. If this bag is as disappointing as last months then I will definitely be cancelling and maybe pick up another BB subscription.

When I first saw it I thought the bag was made out of corkboard! It looks incredibly cheap, but much like some people, some things don't photograph well. I won't judge until it's in my hands. This is my make or break month for MyGlam as well. I have far too many subs, and need to start culling the herd.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what it looks like to me. and I have to say, honestly, it reminds me of a bag made out of sandpaper. It has the same exact color and the same textural look of sandpaper to me.

I really really hope it's not like that in person.

But it looks like it's flimsy and glued and will feel like fine grit sandpaper, so I'm really curious what it actually is like in real life.

This month is also my "make or break" month. I have two Julep Subs, one of which I will be skipping from now on because that's just too much, a Glossybox sub, Two birchboxes, one of those is getting cancelled as well, and then this one. So I definitely need to cut back somewhere and this one is at the bottom of my list of sub boxes so far. I REALLY really really wanted to like this sub soooo badly. But it just isn't cutting it for me so far. So this is definitely my deciding month.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sneak peek!
hmmmm, Eye Shadow?  or Eye liner again? or Lip Liner?

aaah I just read the Sneak...it's more than one product...def eye liner...and hmmm

the colors are all rather light, so it looks like lipliner. but then theres the june 2012 thing, which looks like eyeliner....but they may have just used that to write the month and be cute...

im going with lipliner.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sneak peek!

I agree with lip liner. Some people were saying liquid liner but its pretty easy to tell its a pencil of some sort. Liquid liners have a different look to them.

The fact that they posted mainly pinks or light colors makes me lean towards a lip liner instead of an eye liner.

I believe it's lip liner as well. I don't really wear lip liner so it's kind of eh for me. The black looks more like sharpy than liquid liner, in my opinion, so I think it's just there for decoration. Could they be a blush as well? Some of them look a little bright and others look so baby pink that it would look strange for lip liner. Who knows... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the "bag" and I think its cute but it looks like a paper coupon holder lol

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the "bag" and I think its cute but it looks like a paper coupon holder lol
Great idea! I don't care about the bags. Like not even a little, but this one may make a good coupon holder!

Back