MyGlam - June 2012 Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried the super fat one and it kinda sucked. It didn't give the super black effect that most are looking for in a liquid liner. I would love to try one of the skinny ones!!

Love NYX of course!

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what it looks like to me. and I have to say, honestly, it reminds me of a bag made out of sandpaper. It has the same exact color and the same textural look of sandpaper to me.

I really really hope it's not like that in person.

But it looks like it's flimsy and glued and will feel like fine grit sandpaper, so I'm really curious what it actually is like in real life.
Maybe it's like an emery board material and we can file our nails with it, too?   LOL LOL

Have not yet updated my billing info. Am afraid if I update I will get billed twice. On the flip side I guess by not updating I may not get a bag either. Like many others I am on the fence about My Glam. I mostly have that but "what if next month is so awesome?" worry!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have tried the super fat one and it kinda sucked. It didn't give the super black effect that most are looking for in a liquid liner. I would love to try one of the skinny ones!!

Love NYX of course!
I TOTALLY agree.. I had the skinny marker one and it's not very "vivid" if you catch my drift i feel i need to go over my eye like three times in order to get the maximum amount of "blackness" as I want :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have not yet updated my billing info. Am afraid if I update I will get billed twice. On the flip side I guess by not updating I may not get a bag either. Like many others I am on the fence about My Glam. I mostly have that but "what if next month is so awesome?" worry!
I didnt update either, I didn't even think about being billed twice! I better not! but I was reading an email I got and they said you'll get it but it might not be on time? I feel like its a threat if we don't update our information 
wtf.gif

Hey Zadidoll,

What makes you think that it's the Nyx marker specifically?  Or was that just a hunch?  Don't want to misinformation to get passed around.

Considering that NYX has been one of their "go-to" suppliers (particularly for full-size items), it makes sense, ya know? Plus, heck, if it's speculation (which at this point, it is) I don't reckon there COULD be such a thing as genuine "misinformation".

Well, I guess what I was trying to get at was "let's not get our hopes up" for one specific Nyx product. Enough people seem disappointed that MyGlam doesn't deliver. I wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire with things that they weren't even trying to hype up.

We don't even know if we're getting eyeliner or if the person leaking sneaks just drew doodles on her hand. 

Oh, for sure. I totally get what you mean about people taking speculation as gospel truths :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That said, I still think it's not a far stretch to presume it's a NYX product since they've had NYX in so many of the bags so far, ya know?

Yeah I agree it does feel like that!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't updated!  Guess I might be rolling the dice this month!  I guess I have tomorrow to decide.....

Originally Posted by Samantha Calkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didnt update either, I didn't even think about being billed twice! I better not! but I was reading an email I got and they said you'll get it but it might not be on time? I feel like its a threat if we don't update our information 
wtf.gif

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Zadidoll,

What makes you think that it's the Nyx marker specifically?  Or was that just a hunch?  Don't want to misinformation to get passed around.
As mentioned, NYX has been their "go-to" company. It's just a guess, I said it "COULD BE". While it hasn't been confirmed as NYX it was pretty much confirmed it's NOT Urban Decay as the comment Mira (MyGlam Social Media Manager) said was Urban Decay liners were in the April bag.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The black could be a eyeliner marker. NYX does make three.

See, I like those lipliner colors, and the eyeliner looks pretty cool.

But I feel like I can just buy those products from NYX if that's what I really end up wanting out of the bag. I dunno.

My billing info still has to be updated as well, and at this point I'm thinking it's better to just let it go and not update it.

I feel bad, because their CS is sooooo nice. They were increadably accomedating and kind to me when my account got deleted due to the website glitch. (sorry for the spelling errors, for some reason my spellchecker won't work on this site!)

I think they're a great company, and the bags are cutesy and have alright stuff in them. They just aren't quite what I want out of a sub service I guess.

Well, I guess what I was trying to get at was "let's not get our hopes up" for one specific Nyx product. Enough people seem disappointed that MyGlam doesn't deliver. I wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire with things that they weren't even trying to hype up.

We don't even know if we're getting eyeliner or if the person leaking sneaks just drew doodles on her hand. 
I was thinking that. It looks more like sharpie doodles than eyeliner to me.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I agree it does feel like that!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't updated!  Guess I might be rolling the dice this month!  I guess I have tomorrow to decide.....
I haven't updated my billing either but I have a year subscription that ends in December.  I want to wait to see how Myglam evolves over the next few months and decide in the fall whether or not to resub.  If I do, I'm going to choose the monthly option next time.

I haven't wrote on my skin with a Sharpie in a long time but if I remember right it use to 'bleed' pretty bad on skin and I don't see much of that in this picture :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Hezzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the post it did state some of the products for June which indicates more than one.

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the post it did state some of the products for June which indicates more than one.
Maybe.  I would have interpreted the "some" of the products as being variation of different colored lip liners that are going out, not that they were sneaking two completely different products in the same picture.  But who knows? I would be pleasantly surprised if I got a lippie liner and a eye liner.  

Maybe.  I would have interpreted the "some" of the products as being variation of different colored lip liners that are going out, not that they were sneaking two completely different products in the same picture.  But who knows? I would be pleasantly surprised if I got a lippie liner and a eye liner.  
Let's hope for the best! lol It does show a variation of colors ...but some of the textures seem different..

Am I the only one here who doesn't see lipliner? It's a product I don't use so I could very possibly be completely wrong, but when I first saw the pic on fb I thought lip or eye crayons...again, i'm probably wrong. My guess tho, is since the theme is "out all night," whatever we're getting is meant to last a while, so a liquid eyeliner would make sense. I just hope this bag is a good one, because its deciding whether I cancel or give them another chance.

Back