Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have been wondering the same thing, especially after reading so many posts the person in question has made recently and the words used/tone conveyed. If you want drama and interesting reading, follow the posts lol. I don't get it; debate is good, but insults and whatnot? We are only on the internet, people. Don't be so rude to the computer screen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by SetToStunning View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

 

 

Wow..that was incredibly rude..like many of your other comments. Sounds like TallCoolTexan has a twin! Do you live in a bubble, too?

 

You know, the interesting thing about this is TallCoolTexan's last post on the board is 6/17/12 6;27pm, and Laura Brooks first post is 6/17/12, 7:32pm. (times local for me, i assume)

 

Both say they don't use facebook for privacy reasons and are very intense about offline privacy (which is whatever, reasonable).

Both say they stay at home as they have rich hubbies.

They have similar writing styles... and both seem to be professional victims. Everyone is always taking everything the wrong way!  We all must just be too sensitive.

 

I've got to be awake a few more hours...  hmm... I think I'm going to need to see the receipts on this one to believe they are NOT the same person :)

 

That's hilarious because I actually just thought offhand a few days ago "Man, this one is as irritating and condescending as that LongCoolTexan chick..." Never thought to actually look into it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LauraBrooks View Post

 

LOL, you're a little late. Did you see the discussion about the upcoming box? Not neutral, it would seem.

Send me your addy in a PM and I will send you all the neutral eye and face colors you will need for the rest of your sweet, darling life, OK?

You know, I have been nothing but polite to you, even when you PMed me, accusing me of being mean to you. I was merely adding TO the discussion, not attacking you, but your condescension is downright crass and offputting, frankly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by SetToStunning View Post

 

 

You know, the interesting thing about this is TallCoolTexan's last post on the board is 6/17/12 6;27pm, and Laura Brooks first post is 6/17/12, 7:32pm. (times local for me, i assume)

 

Both say they don't use facebook for privacy reasons and are very intense about offline privacy (which is whatever, reasonable).

Both say they stay at home as they have rich hubbies.

They have similar writing styles... and both seem to be professional victims. Everyone is always taking everything the wrong way!  We all must just be too sensitive.

 

I've got to be awake a few more hours...  hmm... I think I'm going to need to see the receipts on this one to believe they are NOT the same person :)

 

 

edit:

 

more similarities:

TCT: " I have 2 Clarisonics, and believe in them.." (profile)

LB: "When I got my first Clarisonic a few years ago [...] It works just as well with my larger Clarisonic Plus." July BB thread, post #333

 

 

LB: "Now I use my CellCeuticals cleanser which is also low- foaming and not a soap" July BB thread, post #333

TCT: Lists CellCeuticals as a favorite product on her profile

 

TCT mentions here being 50+.

LB makes reference to being a beauty queen a "Long long time ago" and her username is, of course, reference to a show that hasn't been on in decades. We can probably safely assume that LB is of similar age to TCT.

 

I'm just sayin', guys.

 A few things: I did work. I have 2 broken legs ( compound fractures) from a riding accidentt in a dressage event  last month.

My step mom told me about the site. She did post here as TallCoolTexan  but when I moved in with after I got out of the hospital and felt well enough to be onshe told me about this site. However, Zadidoll ( Yasmin) , the moderator wouldn't let us both post from the same house,. 

My step mom  encouraged me to read here, and she also gave me her subscription boxes.. She's very generous towards me. I don't care that much about makeup or anything else right now because I am hurting very badly physically and I am tired of not being able to get around well or do the sports, hobbies I am used to doing, and I miss being able to participate in my career at present, too..

 

If you read my initial post, I tell how I got hurt. After I have healed more, I will have to go to inpatient physical therapy rehab for probably a long time..

She thought that while I am home, I might like to interact with people my age, so she told me about the site and said you all were nice but mostly a lot younger than her. I'm young enough to be her daughter, actually she's older than my mother and father were. She was married to my father when I was young. He's deceased, and I don't have any other family. None. My husband is away a great deal of the time, so I couldn't stay by myself. I didn't want private nurses in our home.

 

++My step mom gave me the CellCeuticals skin care kit, and most of the beauty subscription boxes. I had never heard of them until recently.

 

++I was not alive when Peyton Place was on TV. IF you read what I said, I said that I have the show on DVD.

 

++I have never said what my husband does for a living, nor have I ever mentioned money in connection with his occupation/ career, etc.

 

++ What I feel  is because I am new, and because you didn't like her, you are putting meanings on my posts about EVERYTHING which was never intended. You take something that was meant to be nice and twist and turn it into something mean or weird.

Just because I'm new here.

 

When I said I would send neutral colored cosmetics to a fellow poster, I meant something nice, not something bad. If someone has a question about what I mean, or if you think it's something mean, why not ask? I don't ever mean to post anything mean to anyone about anything at all.

What is there to be competitive about regarding talk about makup?

I don't understand at all why this site is so competitive about words, posts, who gets what makeup, or how long you've been on this site. It's about makeup.

 

Take it or leave it, this is who I am. Since I am being stalked around this site and my posts are being cut apart and compared to my step mom's,  I will refrain from posting in the future unles I have a question which I can't find the answer to elsewhere.

Laura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LauraBrooks View Post

 

 A few things: I did work. I have 2 broken legs ( compound fractures) from a riding accidentt in a dressage event  last month.

My step mom told me about the site. She did post here as TallCoolTexan  but when I moved in with her last week, the moderator wouldn't let us both post from the same house,. She  encouraged me to post and also gave me her subscription boxes.. She's taking care of me while I'm injured.

 

If you read my initial post, I tell how I got hurt. After I have healed more, I will have to go to inpatient physical therapy rehab for probably a long time..

She thought that while I am home, I might like to interact with people my age, so she told me about the site and said you all were nice but mostly a lot younger than her. I'm young enough to be her daughter, actually she's older than my mother and father were. She was married to my father when I was young. He's deceased, and I don't have any other family. None.

 

My step mom gave me the CellCeuticals skin care kit, and most of the beauty subscription boxes. I had never heard of them until recently.

 

I was not alive when Peyton Place was on TV. IF you read what I said, I said that I have the show on DVD.

 

I have never said what my husband does for a living, nor have I ever mentioned money in connection with his occupation/ career, etc.

 

What I see is because I am new, and because you didn't like her, you are putting meanings on my posts about EVERYTHING which was never intended. You take something that was meant to be nice and twist and turn it into something mean or weird.

Just because I'm new here.

 

When I said I would send my neutral colored cosmetics to a fellow poster, I meant something nice, not something bad. If someone has a question about what I mean, or if you think it's something mean, why not ask? I don't ever mean to post anything mean to anyone about anything at all.

What is there to be competitive about regarding talk about makup?

 

I don't understand at all why this site is so competitive about words, posts, who gets what makeup, or how long you've been on this site. It's about makeup.

 

Take it or leave it, this is who I am. Since I am being stalked around this site and my posts are being cut apart and compared to my step mom's,  I will refrain from posting in the future unles I have a question which I can't find the answer to elsewhere.

Laura

Sorry for your accident, but that doesn't excuse anything.  Neither does being new...Common courtesy and manners extends to all aspects of a person's character, doesn't just fall short at a keyboard. Your commentary towards others was not appropriate and quite offensive, CLEARLY. So please don't turn around and deny your commentary that is clearly posted. Funny that many people were able to find such a close correlation between you and the above mentioned poster. I think for future reference, everyone could benefit from scrutinizing and editing before hitting the "submit" button, probably myself included. Maybe you specifically should go over the MUT rules regarding etiquette.

 

Oh yes, Apologies, JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by SetToStunning View Post

 

 

You know, the interesting thing about this is TallCoolTexan's last post on the board is 6/17/12 6;27pm, and Laura Brooks first post is 6/17/12, 7:32pm. (times local for me, i assume)

 

Both say they don't use facebook for privacy reasons and are very intense about offline privacy (which is whatever, reasonable).

Both say they stay at home as they have rich hubbies.

They have similar writing styles... and both seem to be professional victims. Everyone is always taking everything the wrong way!  We all must just be too sensitive.

 

I've got to be awake a few more hours...  hmm... I think I'm going to need to see the receipts on this one to believe they are NOT the same person :)

 

 

edit:

 

more similarities:

TCT: " I have 2 Clarisonics, and believe in them.." (profile)

LB: "When I got my first Clarisonic a few years ago [...] It works just as well with my larger Clarisonic Plus." July BB thread, post #333

 

 

LB: "Now I use my CellCeuticals cleanser which is also low- foaming and not a soap" July BB thread, post #333

TCT: Lists CellCeuticals as a favorite product on her profile

 

TCT mentions here being 50+.

LB makes reference to being a beauty queen a "Long long time ago" and her username is, of course, reference to a show that hasn't been on in decades. We can probably safely assume that LB is of similar age to TCT.

 

I'm just sayin', guys.

 

NOTHING about  my step mom is that of a " victim".  She is a very strong, positive, giving and outspoken person, but definitely not a victim.  I may not agree with what she has posted here or whatever, but she is very good to me in many ways.

 

And it seems really cruel to take my injury and use it against me and call me a " victim" because of it too.

I'd much rather be spending the 4th of July outdoors, swimming, riding my horses, anything fun.

 

I hope everyone has a very happy 4th.  :)

Laura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LauraBrooks View Post

 

 

NOTHING about  my step mom is that of a " victim".  She is a very strong, positive, giving and outspoken person, but definitely not a victim.  I may not agree with what she has posted here or whatever, but she is very good to me in many ways.

 

And it seems really cruel to take my injury and use it against me and call me a " victim" because of it too.

I'd much rather be spending the 4th of July outdoors, swimming, riding my horses, anything fun.

 

I hope everyone has a very happy 4th.  :)

Laura

 

I'm glad I found this thread! I like to skip over things you write after noticing they all have a rude quality to them. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay folks, let's move on. If you would like to discuss grievances, please take it offline to a mod. Let's get this thread back on topic please. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laura, no one is asking you not to post. We are just asking that you consider the feelings of others in your word choices and pronouncements. Simple.

 

No one is stalking you, either. Many of us read the threads on boxes we do not order because we are interested.I am interested in the progress of MyGlam even though I don't subscribe, for example.

 

Let's just dial it back and have fun opening and discussing our boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Just wow. Glad someone called it out. Ok on topic, the neutral (even tho you say you're over it) I think is a great idea especially with the liner because of the whole pin up aspect. It makes a GREAT pin up look. We ( as in most people on these forums ) probably has everything to make a pin up look but not everyone "collects" make up. If I didn't have a neutral shadow like that I would love the kit. I love the eye liner so it made it worth it to me. I personally don't follow on trend of wear fall/summer/winter/spring colors. I wear what I like whenever I want to. Not getting a bright yellow in June is perfectly fine for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies, we're aware that Laura and TallCoolTexan are sharing the same IP. We're also aware that Laura claims they are two different people but I will be honest and say that we moderators do not believe her due to the wording, mannerisms and behavior being identical or near identical. Please do not engage in any fights with you. You CAN block her posts by clicking on her name and going to her profile then select BLOCK MEMBER then you won't see anymore posts from her.

 

Laura, please check your PMs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes View Post

 

Why Zadi?

 

They have sneak peeks of the July box up on their facebook page. Looks like orange and yellow shadows maybe.

 

At the time they asked me I had never heard of them and my thoughts was what if it turned into another Posh Pod or GoGoGirlfriend and I've tied my name to this and encouraged people to sign up. I can't in good faith do that especially when I know that it's someone's money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone- I know things went off topic but I'd like to share that I liked the natural colors for my first boxes. They were colors that I could try and wear to work out and about and get a feel for how it works with my skin and daily routines. So it excited because I found some new pencils I'd really order. I won't lie though I'm very excited to get some brighter colors next month. I love the new looks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What guesses are you thinking for this box everyone? Mine are Orange eyeshadow Yellow eyeshadow Lipgloss But I'm thinking maybe some kinda cheeky blush? But that would be my last choice! I was also very lucky to have won a free box woohoo I can't wait to share with you what the contest box included! Who is excited for the next box??? I am .. I love lots of makeup! I have been wearing the ink out of the liquid liner love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me to.... I am so excited I can't believe how fast I went thru my liquid eyeliner wow I really loved that liner. It was awesome:) can't wait to get my box this month:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tada!

 

 

 

 

 

700

 

 

700

Blush: Classy

 

 

700

Eyeshadow: Gold Dust

 

My camera phone couldn't really capture the true colors for any of these, especially the eyeshadow. It's goldish-yellowish. More gold than yellow.

 

700

Lipstick: Citron

 

 

700

and a compact(not the best of quality, the exterior was sort of scratched up).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blush is kind of peachy gold. Very pretty layered over another blush with more color or a bronzer you are using instead of blush. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh do I love this box super duper much. I love the blush and lipstick a lot. If you wanna see the box I have them on my face and used them so you can see! I look foward to so many more boxes with them and the boxes shipped outso fast amazing customer service. I have so much makeup already.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnAvND_fWcg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×