• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Friends & Family Sale - Oct 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this posted somewhere else, I tried looking for it.

I hear that the Sephora Friends & Family Sale 20% off sale will be from October 18th through October 31st.
yey.gif

I hope this is true b/c there are a bunch of stuff I have had my eye on!!

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you guys know if the Sephoras inside JCPenny's will be participating?
One of the Sephora @ JCP employees told me that starting in Sept, they are required to do everything that regular Sephora shops do.  I don't know if that is true or not, but they did start accepting fragrance vouchers in Sept.  

Love Sephora! Thanks for he heads up! I'll be on a financial diet until 18th just to buy stuff from there!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Musegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of the Sephora @ JCP employees told me that starting in Sept, they are required to do everything that regular Sephora shops do.  I don't know if that is true or not, but they did start accepting fragrance vouchers in Sept.  
Thx! I've been told that the JCP Sephoras accept JCP giftcards - is that true too? IF so, and if they participate in the F&F 20% off, I'm going to buy a few JCP gift cards (cardpool.com)  at 28% off, and stack with the 20% F&F.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be too good to be true.... There's nothing that I would buy otherwise at JCP....

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thx! I've been told that the JCP Sephoras accept JCP giftcards - is that true too? IF so, and if they participate in the F&F 20% off, I'm going to buy a few JCP gift cards (cardpool.com)  at 28% off, and stack with the 20% F&F.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be too good to be true.... There's nothing that I would buy otherwise at JCP....
Yep, they take JCP gift cards and credit cards...while they say Sephora, they are employed and overseen by JCP..had an employee explain that to me last time I went in.

While you're making your shopping list for Sephora, don't forget to add the Tarte Lipsurgence 5 piece collectors set for $34, their other "favorites" sets have just come out too including the mascara "Lash Stash" and and a couple of other nice sampler kits.

While you're making your shopping list for Sephora, don't forget to add the Tarte Lipsurgence 5 piece collectors set for $34, their other "favorites" sets have just come out too including the mascara "Lash Stash" and and a couple of other nice sampler kits.
I have one of those sets u are refering to on my list! Hee hee

So before I saw this post, I ordered the tarte lipsurgence collectors set and the lash stash. They just came in the mail, but I'm really tempted to just return them and buy them again when the sale comes. I didn't open or touch anything. Should I return them now and then re-order them during the sale or should I just go to the store during the sale and ask for them to refund me the 20% I know, I feel kind of shitty about doing it, but it will save me $15.60. I donno..what do you think?

Thanks for the heads up! I'm almost out of Benefit Dandelion so I'll be heading over to grab a new one during the sale!

yes they do accept jcp giftcards, i once returned an item and they gave me store credit on a jcp giftcard which i later used on something else in the sephora ;-)

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So before I saw this post, I ordered the tarte lipsurgence collectors set and the lash stash. They just came in the mail, but I'm really tempted to just return them and buy them again when the sale comes. I didn't open or touch anything. Should I return them now and then re-order them during the sale or should I just go to the store during the sale and ask for them to refund me the 20% I know, I feel kind of shitty about doing it, but it will save me $15.60. I donno..what do you think?
I don't see anything wrong with it. If they want people to pay full price all the time then they shouldn't have a sale to begin with. Don't they do free returns if you order online? Anyways, if you work hard for that money, why not try to save as much as you can! If it's used, then that's a different story. shame shame. 

Anyone know if you need to show up with something/anything to 'prove' that you're friends/family in order to get the discount in-store?

You'll need the friends and family postcard. If you're friends with a Sephora employee they can get you one.

Originally Posted by suenotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I kind of want to do this. I just bought a NARS tinted moisturizer, and it was $42 o.x I only ended up paying $6 because I had $37 left on a GC but the GC would've covered the entire thing and I could've bought another polish or something if I return and rebuy...

Back