• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Friends & Family Sale - Oct 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sale indeed...apparently you do need to actually know a Sephora Sales Associate. BOOOO to that!

I however was able to get $10 off $50 + free shipping at beauty.com (through retailnenot.com) so I was able to purchase my UD Naked Palette at a discount...but there are still a bunch of other stuff I wanted to purchase from brands like Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown which don't have any discount codes...but I guess I can hold out for those items.

The F&F sale is indeed going on now but like others have said you need to get the coupon from a Sephora employee. All of the cards were given out at my local Girl's Night Out event a couple of weeks ago so I missed out on it. Too bad because I would have finally been able to buy a few palettes I want but don't want to pay full price.

I guess I'll shop the Ulta sale again. Sephora is going to lose a lot of business from people shopping their competitors' or direct from brand 20% off sales. I'll shop the VIB sale if there's anything left I still want I haven't been able to find elsewhere.

I work for Ulta and we are also currently having our friends and family sale. We all get a stack of cards to handout. We are not allowed to hand them out in store or in the parking lot. Personally I went to our neighbor stores and handed some out and also asked if they would be kind enough to set some out on the counters for the customers. There are some 20% off your entire purchase coupons you can print online but I believe it excludes prestige and fragnances (basically all the good stuff)

The cards we are given have no exclusions.

Maybe try some of the surrounding stores and see if they have given any out to them for their customers.

That's not the coupon you get from an Ulta employee, the one you print is not good on prestige brands, or fragrance.  The F&F coupon Laura Marie is talking about is good on everything in the store. 

Re: Ulta F&F-

I was mailed a card that specifically says "Not valid on fragrance, Lancome, Clinique, Dermalogica, Benefit Brow Bar Services &  clearance merchandise." But also it says "Some other exclusions may apply." Does anyone know if this card is valid for all of the other prestige brands not listed, or will the "other exclusions" cover the other prestige stuff?

I was able to figure out  a code and use(and got a little carried away on an order). Here is a code no longer valid EAWU4Z4. Keep the EA and the front and the take one letter and just start changing it til it works.  

Only problem is then someone who actually received a code from an employee will have a non working code.

I was lucky & got a card. I also got a 10% off in the spin-to-win which I can't use because they can't be combined. If anyone wants the 10% off code, let me know!

Re: Ulta F&F- I was mailed a card that specifically says "Not valid on fragrance, Lancome, Clinique, Dermalogica, Benefit Brow Bar Services &  clearance merchandise." But also it says "Some other exclusions may apply." Does anyone know if this card is valid for all of the other prestige brands not listed, or will the "other exclusions" cover the other prestige stuff?
Nope, that will mean all prestige and artistry brands if it came in the mail from Ulta. If you got it from an employee, that's the only way it's good on everything.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, that will mean all prestige and artistry brands if it came in the mail from Ulta. If you got it from an employee, that's the only way it's good on everything.
Yep you are right. The 20% off postcard being mailed also has exclusions. The only with that has none is the one employees have to hand out.

The only exclusions on the F&F cards are Benefit Brow Services and Lancome.  It also specifically says MAY NOT BE HANDED OUT IN STORE OR PARKING LOT.

That's incorrect. The big cards that come from Ulta DO INCLUDE prestige brands but do not include fragrances, etc. The little magazine mailers are different and DO EXCLUDE all prestige brands. It's confusing, I know but the most recent card one Ulta sent out CAN be used for prestige brands. I always wait for these ones to buy from tarte, too faced, etc

Back