• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Friends & Family Sale - Oct 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure you read the * that is on the coupon. I did this and no high end items. I even had to take out things that were in the sales add that were not in the high end skin care . Alpha Hydrox skin care...really? BUT they have stated on the FB of Sephora that there will be a 20% off for VIB so look for your emails.

Originally Posted by BLee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make sure you read the * that is on the coupon. I did this and no high end items. I even had to take out things that were in the sales add that were not in the high end skin care . Alpha Hydrox skin care...really? BUT they have stated on the FB of Sephora that there will be a 20% off for VIB so look for your emails.
Here's what the * states.

*Coupon offer valid on all regular prices and sale merchandise and on any one salon service. (Salon offer is valid for all guests on one service only.) Not valid on fragrance, Lancome, Clinique, Dermalogica, Benefit Brow Bar Services and clearance merchandise. Cannot be redeemed for cash or gift cards. This offer cannot be combined with any other ULTA coupon offer. Not valid on prior purchase. Some other exclusion may apply. See store for details. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited by law. Maybe be used on a single purchase and is limited to stock on hand. We reserve the right to limit quantities to normal retail purchase. Limit one per customer, per visit. Not valid online. Please check ulta.com for your location details, ©2012 ULTA Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. Valid 10/20/12 through 10/27/12.

The one for the online 20% off excludes prestige.

I saw that... I made a face i think. all they keep saying is there will be special bi and vib promotions coming up... in Nov I think. I really dont understand the thinking behind that. Just do it now. The customers want it. Are practically demanding it, and nothing. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So funny I was in the mist of shopping on Ulta and I stopped to read this thread to find a good deal and used this code!!

WHOOHOO!

You ladies rock! I got so many samples with that free bag and samples with purchase.

Glad to see you got one different than mine. They code is different...thanks!

It's weird that there are so many different 20% off codes for Ulta right now. I have ANOTHER one from a catalog for in-store use and that excludes prestige.

It's weird that there are so many different 20% off codes for Ulta right now. I have ANOTHER one from a catalog for in-store use and that excludes prestige.
Darn! this one would not let my add prestige items.
icon_evil.gif
  Okay it is not for on online.

I tried the Ulta F&F code online, too, and it didn't apply to anything I wanted. 

Yesterday, I went to Sephora and visited all of the items I would not be buying on sale.  Several of the employees came up to offer me help, and I mentioned to three of them my disappointment in not being a friend or family member.  Then, the manager came up and asked where I had heard of the F&F sale, because it was supposed to be confidential, and they were getting a lot of people coming in and giving them flack.  I said it was all over the internet, and she asked where specifically, and I said on MUT and Youtube.  I asked her when the next sale would be and she said it would be in a month or two, and that the notification would be last minute by email only.  On the Sephora Facebook page people have said it will be in November.

Sad about missing out on the F&F sale, but I love, love, love Sephora!

Sephora has confirmed there is NO public Friends and Family sale this year.  Sephora has confirmed to expect exciting offers/promotions to-be-announced for the holiday season. They made this decision so they could focus on special offers/promotions for BIs (Beauty Insiders) and VIBs (Very Important Beauty Insiders).  The present Friends & Family sale is limited to literal friends and family of Sephora employees and require an associate to send you a special one-time use coupon.
My friend is a makeup artist and an employee of Sephora. If you would like a coupon code, please like her page and kindly request one from her ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jestinne-Dumalag-Makeup-Artist/427712915704?ref=ts&fref=ts

Sephora has confirmed there is NO public Friends and Family sale this year.  Sephora has confirmed to expect exciting offers/promotions to-be-announced for the holiday season. They made this decision so they could focus on special offers/promotions for BIs (Beauty Insiders) and VIBs (Very Important Beauty Insiders).  The present Friends & Family sale is limited to literal friends and family of Sephora employees and require an associate to send you a special one-time use coupon. My friend is a makeup artist and an employee of Sephora. If you would like a coupon code, please like her page and kindly request one from her ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jestinne-Dumalag-Makeup-Artist/427712915704?ref=ts&fref=ts
Thanks for this! I just messaged her :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the Ulta F&F code online, too, and it didn't apply to anything I wanted. 

Yesterday, I went to Sephora and visited all of the items I would not be buying on sale.  Several of the employees came up to offer me help, and I mentioned to three of them my disappointment in not being a friend or family member.  Then, the manager came up and asked where I had heard of the F&F sale, because it was supposed to be confidential, and they were getting a lot of people coming in and giving them flack.  I said it was all over the internet, and she asked where specifically, and I said on MUT and Youtube.  I asked her when the next sale would be and she said it would be in a month or two, and that the notification would be last minute by email only.  On the Sephora Facebook page people have said it will be in November.

Sad about missing out on the F&F sale, but I love, love, love Sephora!
I'm surprised at their surprise tbqh. Even if they aren't on the internet, the F&F events for other stores are happening everywhere (Ulta, 9W, almost every store I walk past...). On top of that, last year's happened at the exact same time: end of October. I don't know if I should be affronted they think we're so stupid and we'd forget so easily?

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm surprised at their surprise tbqh. Even if they aren't on the internet, the F&F events for other stores are happening everywhere (Ulta, 9W, almost every store I walk past...). On top of that, last year's happened at the exact same time: end of October. I don't know if I should be affronted they think we're so stupid and we'd forget so easily?
Seriously, they do friends and family the same time every year. Of course a ton of people are going to ask about it! Did they just start working for Sephora??? lol

When I was in Florida last week, I think it was on Tuesday, I went to a Sephora inside JcPenney's at the Wellington Mall.  I bought some Sephora brand nail strips, 3 sets on sale for $3 each and 3 sets for $12 each (but were too cute to pass up).  I also bought a Too Faced BB Cream because my MakeUpForever Foundation is running out and I needed something and love the benefits of BB creams.  I should have waited until I opened my boxes from the last two months, I got two BB creams so I'll be set for a long time, or maybe I'll compare/contrast and find a new favorite.  Side note - I wish L'Oreal product testing would tell us what we tested - I did the foundation product testing recently and all three were really nice.  Anyway, I've been about $27 under V.I.B. for about 6 months, I've been waiting until I have a big order because I wanted to put to use my welcome 10% coupon on some good stuff.  But I needed stuff this time and so I did it then.  I also mentioned to the salesgirls that I had been wanting to become VIB instead of BI before the November Friends and Family so I could get 20% off instead of 10%.  One said, "Oh, you mean this?" and handed me a card out of a stack behind the counter of Employee Friends and Family Appreciation cards.  I didn't know that they were scarce, I figured it was the same as last year's F&F.  I didn't notice until later that it has a one time use code that it specific to each card.  If any of you are in Florida, it's worth trying the Wellington JcP's, maybe they still have a few, they were obviously pretty lax about giving them out at store to non-friends (I didn't bond with the salesgirl or anything and become instant BFF's ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  In fact, she didn't even give me any of the samples that they usually do at checkout - the sample packets.  Oh, well, I haven't even touched the Sephora brand moisturizer packets that they gave me last time yet, so I guess it's no big loss.  I missed my Sugar Rose set by a couple months too.  Love that stuff.

Okay, I know this sounds super shady. But I subscribe to Jenluvsreviews on Youtube. Her latest video includes a link to a GoogleDocs - that one of her friends who works at Sephora is using to send out Sephora F&F online coupon invitations. 

Here's the super-sketchy part. You leave your (or any...even a ghost email address) on there, and her friend will email you a F&F invite code. it's the 20% code. It took be about a day to get my code, but it turns out the friend has to enter the email addresses in manually. 

The link is in her comment downbar. Her YouTube video is at:

http://youtu.be/vMYcwt_gO4I

the googledocs, is at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asrb1a0dkJbrdHBmQlBoQlZUZW1iblZV...

The employee seems to have emailed out 100+ invites....so I don't think there's a limit. 

Good luck!

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I was in Florida last week, I think it was on Tuesday, I went to a Sephora inside JcPenney's at the Wellington Mall.  I bought some Sephora brand nail strips, 3 sets on sale for $3 each and 3 sets for $12 each (but were too cute to pass up).  I also bought a Too Faced BB Cream because my MakeUpForever Foundation is running out and I needed something and love the benefits of BB creams.  I should have waited until I opened my boxes from the last two months, I got two BB creams so I'll be set for a long time, or maybe I'll compare/contrast and find a new favorite.  Side note - I wish L'Oreal product testing would tell us what we tested - I did the foundation product testing recently and all three were really nice.  Anyway, I've been about $27 under V.I.B. for about 6 months, I've been waiting until I have a big order because I wanted to put to use my welcome 10% coupon on some good stuff.  But I needed stuff this time and so I did it then.  I also mentioned to the salesgirls that I had been wanting to become VIB instead of BI before the November Friends and Family so I could get 20% off instead of 10%.  One said, "Oh, you mean this?" and handed me a card out of a stack behind the counter of Employee Friends and Family Appreciation cards.  I didn't know that they were scarce, I figured it was the same as last year's F&F.  I didn't notice until later that it has a one time use code that it specific to each card.  If any of you are in Florida, it's worth trying the Wellington JcP's, maybe they still have a few, they were obviously pretty lax about giving them out at store to non-friends (I didn't bond with the salesgirl or anything and become instant BFF's ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  In fact, she didn't even give me any of the samples that they usually do at checkout - the sample packets.  Oh, well, I haven't even touched the Sephora brand moisturizer packets that they gave me last time yet, so I guess it's no big loss.  I missed my Sugar Rose set by a couple months too.  Love that stuff.
 My hometown! I've found some really great deals in the Sephora in JcPenney stores. The last time I went I got an Algenist Trio Set for $24, UD XL setting spray for $17, Supergoop Serum for $5. And I remember there were tons of Betsey Johnson for OPI nailpolishes that were between $3-$5 too. The JcPenney stores seem to be more generous with samples too; I went to get my birthday gift and they were out so they gave me a Peter Thomas Roth travel size cleanser, Kat von D lipstick, and Makeup Forever eyeliner AND they said I could still come back for my birthday gift when they got more in! Check out your Sephora in JcPenney stores, ladies!

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My hometown! I've found some really great deals in the Sephora in JcPenney stores. The last time I went I got an Algenist Trio Set for $24, UD XL setting spray for $17, Supergoop Serum for $5. And I remember there were tons of Betsey Johnson for OPI nailpolishes that were between $3-$5 too. The JcPenney stores seem to be more generous with samples too; I went to get my birthday gift and they were out so they gave me a Peter Thomas Roth travel size cleanser, Kat von D lipstick, and Makeup Forever eyeliner AND they said I could still come back for my birthday gift when they got more in! Check out your Sephora in JcPenney stores, ladies!

Wow!  Nice.  I've always had a lot of really nice people help me out at that Sephora in JcPenney's, they aren't snooty and are genuinely helpful.  That's quite a haul for being out of the Sugar Rose set, plus being able to get that one later!  Some of the nail strips I got were the Betsey Johnson ones, can't wait to try them.  Surprisingly, that Sephora store in Penney's has quite a selection, more than others, I think, because they weren't supposed to have the Make Up Forever foundation set last time I went there, City Place Sephora told me they are only carried by stand alone Sephora stores and I was happily surprised to find the set there.

I went into my local Sephora this past weekend because I got a card for a free NARS Illuminator sample and ended up buying a pair of $1 eyelashes and the guy filled my with lots of samples. It's just a shame that my local JCPenney Sephora is so tiny because they don't carry the things I typically replace (MUFE foundation for example).

The post for the F&F discount I had added my e-mail to that list and received a code last night! Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back