• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Friends & Family Sale - Oct 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm calling Sephora right now......

Here's what I found out:

I called twice to make sure the info was correct and THERE WILL BE NO FRIENDS AND FAMILY EVENT THIS YEAR. They have a promo going on currently called "Spin To Win." I didn't care to ask any details about their current promotion because I lost all interest after the bad news. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Oh man..that sucks!! I had my shopping list filled with all sorts of goodies. I wonder why no Friends & Family this year

They didn't mention why, but hopefully they'll change their mind and pull the trigger!

Originally Posted by iluvteffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh man..that sucks!! I had my shopping list filled with all sorts of goodies. I wonder why no Friends & Family this year

On their Facebook page there are conflicting responses...they commented that there are special BI and VIB offers coming up...so I don't know. Hopefully that includes 20% off..lol

"The Employee Appreciation discount is a chance for Sephora employees to reach out and say thank you to their personal networks. We’re reserving some amazing offers just for our VIBs and Beauty Insiders, so make sure you are signed up to receive emails from Sephora."

Ughhh I was waiting for the sephora sale to buy the vice palette so I didn't get it in the UD sale. Taking it as a sign that I don't need it. 
icon_cry.gif

Should I call again? lol. I need to find out

Originally Posted by iluvteffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On their Facebook page there are conflicting responses...they commented that there are special BI and VIB offers coming up...so I don't know. Hopefully that includes 20% off..lol

"The Employee Appreciation discount is a chance for Sephora employees to reach out and say thank you to their personal networks. We’re reserving some amazing offers just for our VIBs and Beauty Insiders, so make sure you are signed up to receive emails from Sephora."

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ughhh I was waiting for the sephora sale to buy the vice palette so I didn't get it in the UD sale. Taking it as a sign that I don't need it. 
icon_cry.gif

ME TOO!! I held off on getting the Naked palette in the UD sale also b/c i figured i can get it in the Sephora F&F along with some other stuff...

They had said awhile back on FB that it would be for Employees F&F only.  The spin to win isn't that great, I got free shipping with a $25 purchase.  I'm glad I was able to do the Ulta F&F, but there's a lot of brands Ulta doesn't carry that Sephora does.

I asked the manager of the Sephora near my house and she said the friends and family sale starts on the 18th, like we thought.  This is so confusing!

a lot of forums are saying they do this every year, tell everyone the F&F is for employees ONLY etc., so i guess its a waiting game to see which is true

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm calling Sephora right now......

Here's what I found out:

I called twice to make sure the info was correct and THERE WILL BE NO FRIENDS AND FAMILY EVENT THIS YEAR. They have a promo going on currently called "Spin To Win." I didn't care to ask any details about their current promotion because I lost all interest after the bad news. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I believe they lied to you and the cs reps have probably been told to tell ppl that. 

Also, I got the 10% discount on the spin to win and placed an order (but mostly for the X5 beauty insider points) 

Ok, so I called a store to clarify and she told me that there will be a 20% off sale for BIs and VIBs. She told me she doesn't know when exactly the sale starts.

Sorry for the confusion, but I hope this helps

Omg I just want the discount! lol.  I hope if I give the code to someone they can use it for my xmas shopping cause I gave my fiancee a list already
santa.gif

IF it is for the F & F of the Sephora sale team ...WELL IM ONE...I make their paychecks happen. LOL That is a great friend IMHO.
rolleyes.gif

There's a separate "VIB" promo that goes out twice a year. This year it's happening in November, and it happened earlier in 2012 around April/May.

The friends and family event is separate and is happening, but it's only for friends and family of employees. There's no code this year, just coupons handed out to the Sephora employees. If you don't know an employee personally, you can't get the discount. 

I agree with you iluvteffy... they are trying to keep the sale hush-hush this year...

I recently contacted Sephora about an in-store experience via email and received a response from the Store Director at my local Sephora. In the email, she said they "are no longer doing the Friends and Family this year." Their program changed to "Employee Appreciation with individual cards for our guests." These cards offer 20% starting October 18th through the end of the month. 

She also said there will be a VIB sale starting November 8th. So looks like it's the same as the last few years, although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be the email/online code discount like last year! 

Hope this helps!

I really do think they'll send an email out  early Thurs morning giving us a 20% off code to use online. 
Or else my world will be crushed. LOL.

I have a massive wishlist!
I can't really wait until Nov 8th or whatever for the VIB 20% off either.. because, well, I'm just impatient.

Back