• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Friends & Family Sale - Oct 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of these sites people have linked have worked:/ I didnt get one code... this stinks! 

Originally Posted by heyaa33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

None of these sites people have linked have worked:/ I didnt get one code... this stinks! 
Yeah, pretty awful that you haven't managed to successfully game the system. I totally feel your pain.

I used the link that Hindsighting posted and got an email within an hour. It was in my junk box so maybe you should check your junk box.

EDIT: Nevermind I found out how to do it and got my discount code in like 5 mins!! I got $17.70 off my order! And with gift cards that I had I only spend $42!! I cant wait for things to come!

I feel like they're just cutting back in general--I mean, the friends and family sale was pretty much an annual tradition right? I'll bet they'll get rid of the "$15 off" codes and replace it with something less exciting. Or at the very least, next year's BI birthday gift won't be as good. but who knows, maybe they really are focusing on promotions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last year, you were able to use it without a minimum online, but in store, you had to purchase the minimum. Same with the year before when the sale was take $15 off your order of $40  & the year before that was take $15 off $35. I hope they have it again this year!

Warning:
soap.gif

This whole entire thread has me rolling my eyes at the amount of entitlement expected.
icon_rolleyes.gif

The friends and family sale is always going to happen. I don't see why people are witching about not getting a code when THEY ARE NOT FRIENDS NOR FAMILY of a Sephora employee. Get real people. It's a perk for employees to share with people they actually know.

There's a 20% sale in November for VIBs coming up. There was the 15% VIB sale in March, and Sephora tried to please you people by doing the Spin-to-Win again this year. You could have gotten codes for 10% or a variety of deluxe samples.

As far as Sephora replacing things with less exciting things, doubt it entirely. I've been a Beauty Insider or VIB since it started 5 years ago and the birthday perks have consistently gotten better. In the 5 years, for my birthday, I've gotten a Sephora cupcake body wash; a little eye set containing a nano liner, mascara, and white eyeshadow; a trio of Sephora lipglosses; a Philosophy Birthday Cake 3-in-1; and this year's Fresh lip treatment duo, which is hands down my favorite.

For the money, Sephora has the best perks, hands down.

..lol sorry if my speculation came off as entitled witching and moaning? seeing as I'm not a VIB, I don't get those other sales.

It's cool. I didn't read your post as entitled.. my rage just extended into that paragraph. I think they had the 15% off chic week in March for Beauty Insiders too, I could be wrong though.

It's just between Makeup Talk and Sephora's board, the "omg gimme gimme f&f codes" really gets my goat.

ooh yeah I think I remember that--but I had just splurged on a bunch of makeup during the holidays and didn't want to spend any more lol. I definitely agree, this year's lip duo was the best by far. the nano liner set was great, too.

heheh I have two sephora accounts, because I'm just too impatient to wait half a year for the BI gift :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. am I just a terrible person, or do other people do this too?

Question for anyone, Naked 2 palette or vice palette? I have the naked 1 palette and love it, and with all the upcoming sales, I think I want to pick up another UD palette. I don't know which to pick... I mostly wear browns so thats why im leaning towards the naked 2, but the vice palette has some browns and champagnes that look pretty.... any advice will help!!!

Question for anyone, Naked 2 palette or vice palette? I have the naked 1 palette and love it, and with all the upcoming sales, I think I want to pick up another UD palette. I don't know which to pick... I mostly wear browns so thats why im leaning towards the naked 2, but the vice palette has some browns and champagnes that look pretty.... any advice will help!!!
I haven't heard of anyone who has both the Naked 1 and Naked 2 and has said that it's really worth it to own both. I have the Naked 2 and the Stila In the Light (neutral) palette and even that feels like overkill. I almost never touch the Stila palette except for one of the highlight colors. If I were you I'd go for the Vice palette for sure. Even if you don't wear colors on a day-to-day basis, I think the variety will be nice for nights out and that sort of thing.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooh yeah I think I remember that--but I had just splurged on a bunch of makeup during the holidays and didn't want to spend any more lol. I definitely agree, this year's lip duo was the best by far. the nano liner set was great, too.

heheh I have two sephora accounts, because I'm just too impatient to wait half a year for the BI gift :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. am I just a terrible person, or do other people do this too?
Well, it's technically fraud, since they state "One account per individual". Do you feel that makes you a terrible person?

I haven't heard of anyone who has both the Naked 1 and Naked 2 and has said that it's really worth it to own both. I have the Naked 2 and the Stila In the Light (neutral) palette and even that feels like overkill. I almost never touch the Stila palette except for one of the highlight colors. If I were you I'd go for the Vice palette for sure. Even if you don't wear colors on a day-to-day basis, I think the variety will be nice for nights out and that sort of thing.
I have Naked and Naked 2 and feel not only are they worth it, they are must have. I also have Stila In the Light and use them all regularly. I just recently got the Vice Palette but haven't really used it since I have a lot of holiday makeup to try out. I would recommend the Vice Palette because it is limited edition, you can always get Naked 2 later. Vice has neutrals and brights so if you only plan to do office/school neutral looks you might want to just get Naked 2, but if you want some color, definitely Vice.

Ooo, since we are talking about Naked palettes, they are on my list but I can only afford one.  Should I get the Naked or Naked 2 palette?  I have cooler toned skin and green eyes, so I was thinking Naked 2, but a lot of reviews like Naked better.  IDK.  Any advice?

Originally Posted by Musegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooo, since we are talking about Naked palettes, they are on my list but I can only afford one.  Should I get the Naked or Naked 2 palette?  I have cooler toned skin and green eyes, so I was thinking Naked 2, but a lot of reviews like Naked better.  IDK.  Any advice?
Definitely Naked 2.  When I was debating the 2 palettes, the makeup artists at Sephora specifically said that Naked worked better on warm tones and Naked 2 on cool tones.  I ended up with Naked and love it.

Agreed on Naked 2 for cool tones, I am also cool toned and find the shadows suit me better than Naked.

Latest posts

Back