Sign in to follow this  
Missglammygirl

Birchbox November 2012

Temporarily down for maintenance! 

I'm entirely too excited that they "could" be putting up box pictures even though there's no reason to think that b/c they normally don't go down to do that, lol.

(sigh) I have too much laundry to finish before I sleep. Please help me birchbox. Give me something to doooooooo.

Temporarily down for maintenance!  I'm entirely too excited that they "could" be putting up box pictures even though there's no reason to think that b/c they normally don't go down to do that, lol. (sigh) I have too much laundry to finish before I sleep. Please help me birchbox. Give me something to doooooooo.
Tomorrow is the 10th, so hopefully the pages will be updating and we get to peek!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

Tomorrow is the 10th, so hopefully the pages will be updating and we get to peek!

I was hoping the same thing. They did add the November store link a bit ago, so maybe soon...but not yet. (mopey sad face)

Lol, no puppy lips! They update late in the evening and we will see soon..of course, I'd prefer to be like the lucky ladies with boxes already in their hands lol. There's a lot of interesting looking stuff this month!

ugh i'm very unhappy with myself for attaching my gift sub to my regular sub when i did... this month looks great to me but i'm missing out on everything because my "welcome" box took the place of my november box :(

My box is supposed to arrive on Tuesday... I told myself JUST THIS ONCE I wouldn't peek at spoilers, since I wouldn't have many days to wait before receiving the box... but I don't think I'm going to make it, haha!

Originally Posted by jpark107 View Post

That is quite an impressive lot of Lush products - the next time you move, remember to tell the real estate agent that a 'big tub' is a must!  

I have an equal sized stash at his place. I usually only like baths in the winter months, because where I grew up it was cold showers for me during the summer, hot baths and I would have had a heat stroke

yea i live in a new campus owned apartment building, it's my last year so I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding an apartment around campus, its absurd here. I love our apartment its has a huge lofted living room and my bedroom windows faces this every night: Gorgeous sunsets over San Francisco :) 

can't complain. if the building we want to live in has an availability for a 3br in April then I know that our next place will have a huge tub, like gigantic :)

I am the craigslist clairvoyant and have managed to find all our friends housing and office spaces, so I have this unit on our short list for next year. (us in master plus two other guys in each of the smaller rooms)

http://6mint.noise13.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/6mint_layout_F.pdf

I received the same box.  My eye pencil had the lid on the bottom and there wasn't a point/tip to my pencil. I'm sure mine it dry too without a cap. I just wrote them about it. 
Hi all! I've been lurking the past 4 months, which is how long I've been a BB subscriber. Never posted bc I have received the crappiest box offered each month and didn't want to complain. It was getting a little depressing getting little sample packets, tan towels (really?), and band aids each month when I was seeing full sized products, but I figured I'd give it time. So this month I get the Sumita liner, and low and behold there's no cap and the pencil is all dried up and has what looks like a white powder growing on the dried up liner tip. I've seen this before on liners that Ive forgotten about for years and when I found them this funky white stuff had grown on the liner tip. There's no way I'm going to use this on my eyes! I emailed BB and am awaiting a reply. I guess the saddest part is that I'm in Jersey (username gives it away!) and have damage to my home and went 10 days without power after the hurricane and nor'easter so seeing this in my mailbox today really got me out of the funk I've been in trying to get my house in order. I open it and see two full sized items (liner and lip gloss - not my color tho so I won't use) and the liner is unusable, like many destroyed things in my home! On the upside, I LOVE THE rollerball perfume oil and will be looking to swap whatever I can for as many of these as I can :D Thanks for listening to my little rant and I'll be more vocal here from now on :o

Originally Posted by classybroad View Post

Hi all I got my box today. I was excited because it was really heavy. My only disappointment was instead of chocolate for the lifestyle extra I got soyjoy.

Anyway I already posted a review on my blog, link in the signature. Here is a spoiler photo.

http://diaryofaclassybroad.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/novbirch2.jpg

That is a FANTASTIC box!!! Really really hoping to get this one!! 

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

I have an equal sized stash at his place. I usually only like baths in the winter months, because where I grew up it was cold showers for me during the summer, hot baths and I would have had a heat stroke

yea i live in a new campus owned apartment building, it's my last year so I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding an apartment around campus, its absurd here. I love our apartment its has a huge lofted living room and my bedroom windows faces this every night: Gorgeous sunsets over San Francisco :) 

can't complain. if the building we want to live in has an availability for a 3br in April then I know that our next place will have a huge tub, like gigantic :)

I am the craigslist clairvoyant and have managed to find all our friends housing and office spaces, so I have this unit on our short list for next year. (us in master plus two other guys in each of the smaller rooms)

http://6mint.noise13.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/6mint_layout_F.pdf

Wow, what a beautiful view!  I'm in Oakland.  :)

Originally Posted by Lainy View Post

boxes are up. i got the stupid soyjoy bar. :(

I got the men's cologne that my fiance got in his November birchbox man :-( I seriously feel jipped out of a sample. Why would they put a men's sample to "gift" to someone in some boxes but not all of them? again birchbox is playing favorites. 

Mine's only show October's box. Even has the October shipping info instead of the November one earlier. :( 

Chocolate Stila all over shimmer Miracle Skin Transformer instant skin perfector (is this a good sized sample? Anyone tried this??) Atelier Rose Perfume (highly allergic to roses, ha) Oscar blandi texturizing spray. My hair is thick and long and curly. I really don't need texture. Maybe I can use it like hairspray for my daughter for dance?

I am getting box 29 and I'm pretty happy with it and will even try to develop a love for the soy joy :rolleyes: my tracking had been working up until yesterday now seems glitchy but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get it Today! A great improvement from the last box! Hope everyone enjoys theirs :)https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/november-2013/nov2012box29

Both of my boxes updated and I am glad I am getting completely different boxes, last month I got the exact same boxes.

I am happy with both of my boxes this month I am glad I was able to avoid getting the men's cologne but the one item hair powder  I wanted to try I didn't get it. I was not a fan of the last Masqueology product I got but I will give these a try and see if I like them or not.

I hope I did that right...but this is my box.   This is the first time I did this - I hope it worked

argh...I have a mac -- how do I show a pic I took with screen capture

I've been refreshing for an hour and it's still October's box.  :( I'm too impatient. It looks like Birchbox stepped up their game this month.

Once again disappointed by my box :( So many good things out there! But this is what I'm getting...

Archipelago Pomegranate Body Soap - won't use

Marula - The Leakey Collection Omega Rich Facial Oil - probably won't use

Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray - probably won't use

ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara - this might be ok, but I'm super picky about mascara

John Vartos Artisan - ...um?

Lili I found that : I sometimes use the texture sprays for my pony tail.  If you have shorter hair -  you can spray it in the roots and it will give it a nice lift.  I did this when I had the posh bob going on. 

The soap can be used in your undie drawer - I did this with some bar soap someone gave me - my drawer smells SO nice when I open it up.

Just a couple of ideas - if not- hey - gift season is coming up!