Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Loladevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I had gotten this, hopefully they'll send it out again. I'm also still searching for a good eye primer.
urban decay primer potion has been my HG for a while but I'm finding it's not working as well for my now that I have 12 hour days :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Commenting for later. November is my birthday month. Please don't disappoint me, birchbox. 
Happy birthday in advance!!!

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

urban decay primer potion has been my HG for a while but I'm finding it's not working as well for my now that I have 12 hour days :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 What does HG mean? I see people post that all the time and have no idea

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Commenting for later. November is my birthday month. Please don't disappoint me, birchbox. 
SAME HERE!

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What does HG mean? I see people post that all the time and have no idea
Holy Grail. It's they item that a person swears by.

EX: OhEmGee!!! I love ARGAN OIL!!! IT'S TOTES MY HG HAIR GREASER OF ALL TIME! I swear by it and will not try anything else!!!!

Originally Posted by cdelpercio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i use the benefit shadow insurance daily and it has never let me down!
I think I tried the UD Primer  a long time ago but might have to give it another shot, and somehow I'd never noticed benefit made an eye primer
icon_scratch.gif
 I'll check it out. I've been using the Tarte eye primer and not terribly impressed.

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

November will be my 4th month, please don't make me cancel BB!
Mine too! I think we're feeling the same way. We want to stay with Birchbox so bad, but what we're getting just isn't making the cut.

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

November will be my 4th month, please don't make me cancel BB!
Mine too! I think we're feeling the same way. We want to stay with Birchbox so bad, but what we're getting just isn't making the cut.

Random question: How do you pronounce Stila? Is it stil-la, sty-la, stee-la. I was reading Zadidoll's posts on Facebook about the expired Stila eyeshadow The Look Bag gave out and it popped into my head that I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing it right in my head (I think stil-la). I just only last month learned how to pronounce Jouer lol.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Random question: How do you pronounce Stila? Is it stil-la, sty-la, stee-la. I was reading Zadidoll's posts on Facebook about the expired Stila eyeshadow The Look Bag gave out and it popped into my head that I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing it right in my head (I think stil-la). I just only last month learned how to pronounce Jouer lol.
I'm pretty sure it's stee-la... otherwise I've been pronouncing it wrong lol

I was just curious if anyone else has ever had BB ship to an APO address? For this next box mine is going to be sent to my APO address over in Germany and I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with it?

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just curious if anyone else has ever had BB ship to an APO address? For this next box mine is going to be sent to my APO address over in Germany and I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with it?
From their FAQ: We currently ship only to the United States, its territories, and APO Boxes. Boxes are sent via the US Postal Service and UPS Mail Innovations

So I don't think an APO address is an issue. You may wish to set it as APO NY instead of AE if their website gives ya fits, but since it's USPS, you'll be fine.

YAY...on to November!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a full size/generous sample sized Makeup product
7dh.gif
. This will be my 7th month and I'm yet to get much makeup in any of my boxes

I still love love my UD primer potion but if you're looking for a new primer, a lot of my friends swear by the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure it's stee-la... otherwise I've been pronouncing it wrong lol
I hope it's St-eye-la.. I don't like St-ee-la. I just found out YESTERDAY after like 9 months that Jouer is pronounced "Joo-eee" I HATE that. I will still call it "Joo-er" !

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope it's St-eye-la.. I don't like St-ee-la. I just found out YESTERDAY after like 9 months that Jouer is pronounced "Joo-eee" I HATE that. I will still call it "Joo-er" !
I like St-eye-la too! And I thought it was Joo-ay. Guess I still don't know how to prounounce it lol.

It's Stee-la. I've heard one of the owners of the company pronounce it that way a long time ago on QVC or someplace like that. I had been pronouncing it with a hard "I" prior to that. 

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like St-eye-la too! And I thought it was Joo-ay. Guess I still don't know how to prounounce it lol.
I'm pretty sure it's "Joo-ay" consideirng jouer is French for "to play" which makes sense for a makeup brand.

Back