Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Musegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should email them!  They gave me a new anniversary code because my box didn't come before the code expired.  
I didn't receive my box last month before my anniversary code expired and they said that they are unable to give out new codes but if I called to place an order they would manually deduct the percentage. 

If I recall correctly, November is Birchbox's anniversary month.  I just hope that they send out something *useful* this time around if they do send something anniversary-themed.  That bracelet last year was absolutely ridiculous.  They teamed up with Color Club for exclusive polishes, and then there's the Jouer Birchbox pink gloss, so I'm crossing my fingers for another partnership with a company that can produce a neat exclusive item for this.  I think my dream would be a philosophy three-in-one shower gel.  Something bright pink with sparkles and smelling like either cake or champagne would be just about perfect for this, and I know philosophy does great things with these sorts of scents.

As for receiving boxes after the points window closes:  I got so annoyed with this that I would go ahead and do feedback on those items with all-neutral answers and a snarky comment about how I couldn't review the item in question before the feedback window closed because my box hadn't arrived.  I did this when they sent me the wrong box, too (I was *really* annoyed with that one:  Not only did I not get the correct box, but they didn't even send me a *complete* box!).  I also put a comment about how there wasn't enough product to really try if they send a tiny sample, like shampoo in foil packets.  I need to try hair and face stuff at least three times and preferably for a week before I can tell whether something works, so one single packet of shampoo or a teeny tube of eye cream with enough to try twice -- if we're lucky -- does *not* cut it.  I get cranky about this stuff.  If they want usable feedback, they need to send us enough stuff to fully test, and they need to get it to us in time to test it before the feedback window closes!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I recall correctly, November is Birchbox's anniversary month. 
i'm pretty sure september was? they even had a video for it

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the hair oils as well!  Orofluido Beauty Elixir is probably my best find from Birchbox thus far. 
I totally agree! Love, love, love that stuff! The different tastes are part of what makes Birchbox so exciting for me... something I may love, another may not, and vise-versa. It's always a surprise, and always exciting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> To date, I have always found at least one product (usually more) that I love thanks to Birchbox. Can't wait to see what November brings! 

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's odd . . . then they don't pronounce like it would be pronounced in native french, ju-a (long a, like the "a" in April)

http://www.forvo.com/word/jouer/
In a hint video recently, I think September when they did the Matte tint, they did say it, jou-a (like ah jou, and a in April). Check out 1:28ish where they talk about it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjdyYy8VF3c&feature=plcp

It was news to me! I always called it joe-er. And I love their entire line! About time I said it right ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the hair oils as well!  Orofluido Beauty Elixir is probably my best find from Birchbox thus far. 
That's the only thing thus far I've purchased through BB after sampling. LOVE the Orofluido Elixer!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Stila is pronounced as St-ee-lah... I asked their PR person at IMATS since I always pronounced it as Sty-lah. She said it's from an Italian word but I can't remember what that Italian word is.

Jouer is pronounced almost like ju-ee. The ju in it is pronouced like au'ju. I asked these hot Frenchmen at CPNA how to pronounce it. Had to spell it out for them since I kept butchering the word. LOL I use to pronounce it as "joe-er". LOL
It should be more like ju-ay. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by 108Jessica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw the One Love Organics facial oils in the 'New Products' section!  Those would be perfect to sample in November!  
I got a sample of the Skin Savior in March, and it is amazing! It was a very generous sample. I'd love to try the Chia Whip. 

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a sample of the Skin Savior in March, and it is amazing! It was a very generous sample. I'd love to try the Chia Whip. 
The Skin Savior is amazing...I bought a few of the One Love Organic sample packs and I absolutely love their line.  I would also like to try the Chia Whip; maybe they'll sample that next month!  It seems plausible.  
icon_lol.gif
   I am ready for the November boxes!  Bring 'em on!  Yayyy!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I know there is a love/mostly-hate relationship with Twistbands as discussed on the Birchbox threads before lol but wanted to share anyway! I signed up for the 3-month sub for $13 from a Plum District deal a while ago and have blogged about what I've gotten every month - this month's insert card featured one of my pics from my blog which I thought was pretty cool. It's the pic on the top left corner! 
biggrin.gif

Wow, congrats! I would love to start a blog! But there are so many good ones out there and I would not be able to put the time into it to make it good!

Originally Posted by heather4602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, congrats! I would love to start a blog! But there are so many good ones out there and I would not be able to put the time into it to make it good!
Thanks! And you should totally start a blog if it's something you'd enjoy! There are a lot out there but everyone brings something a little different!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Stila is pronounced as St-ee-lah... I asked their PR person at IMATS since I always pronounced it as Sty-lah. She said it's from an Italian word but I can't remember what that Italian word is.
I googled to find out what it means, because I'm annoying like that.  According to Wikipedia, 'The name Stila (pronounced STEE-la) was derived from the Italian word "stilare," which can mean "to pen". Stila's official website is quoted as saying that they chose that name because they believe every woman’s makeup should be as individual as her own signature.'  That's kinda cool!  =)

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Random question: How do you pronounce Stila? Is it stil-la, sty-la, stee-la. I was reading Zadidoll's posts on Facebook about the expired Stila eyeshadow The Look Bag gave out and it popped into my head that I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing it right in my head (I think stil-la). I just only last month learned how to pronounce Jouer lol.
I looked it up on wikipedia, and this is what it said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stila

The name Stila (pronounced STEE-la) was derived from the Italian word "stilare," which can mean "to pen".
*woops! someone beat me to it!!*

if anyone is interested in the phonetic transcription of anything, I'd be more than happy, as I am most certainly a word nerd :)

I find that it's closer to the 10th of the month, at least for the last couple of months.

I find that it's closer to the 10th of the month, at least for the last couple of months.
Yep, I was able to leave feedback all the way until October 9th on September's contents.

Back