Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in a hospital and hoard pens (so they can get lost/stolen).  I don't want them in my damn beauty box though.

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I work in a hospital and hoard pens (so they can get lost/stolen).  I don't want them in my damn beauty box though.
Lol, unless they're sending us an artisan made fountain pen, I want no part of it.

Knowing BB it will be a cheap BB pink gel pen with their logo slapped on it.

Ok, so I just took the survey..what a waste. I asked NOTHING about customer experience..it focused on things like if I wanted DIY projects in my BB or how much i like pens. PENS?! Ummmm :huh: I thought they'd ask about shipping, and how I felt about sample sizes, and the lifestyle items etc.
If they send pens, I will cancel. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've used UD and liked it.  Used Benefit Stay Don't Stray and hated it.  It creased horribly and was had an awful (for me) texture.  I've heard great things about Too Faced, but haven't tried it.  I mostly use ELF, which is OK, but not great.  When I use up this tube I'll probably spring for the UD.
I really like UD "Eden." It frustrates me that the different UD primer potions seem to have different formulations, but there doesn't seem to be any indication that they are anything but different colors. The original formula doesn't do much for me, but the Eden seems super sticky and works wonderfully. I haven't tried the MAC, but now I'll have to add that to my shopping list!

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ew.  I don't want pens or cooking or party planning anything!  
*chuckles* See, those things should be in their own box. If they're considering pens, even as an extra, that would (to me) detract from the point of why I signed up for BB in the first place. Now if they're considering a spin-off with lifestyle/gadgets, I'd be all over that. But I'm uber-fickle about pens, so maybe not.

Originally Posted by Shatae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pens???  Only if they write Blue.  I can't write with black.  It's one of my many quirks.  I also have number OCD, but we can talk about that later.  Now if they said colored Sharpies........that is a different game.
My mom used to work as a notary for a title company when I was like 12 and through all of middle/high school I ONLY wrote in blue pen because she once said it was "more official" because it was a surefire way to tell an original from a photocopy... Sorry off-topic, but had to share!

Originally Posted by SupItsStephanie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My mom used to work as a notary for a title company when I was like 12 and through all of middle/high school I ONLY wrote in blue pen because she once said it was "more official" because it was a surefire way to tell an original from a photocopy... Sorry off-topic, but had to share!
I recall those days (pre-color copies, mind you). 

Quote: Originally Posted by Shatae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pens???  Only if they write Blue.  I can't write with black.  It's one of my many quirks.  I also have number OCD, but we can talk about that later.  Now if they said colored Sharpies........that is a different game.

Actually that's a good tip.

i loooooove my too faced shadow insurance, i work in fast paced retail meaning im constantly running around a store lifting heavy objects and rarely does my eyeshadow fade.. and if it does its just a bit in the inner corner

and the benefit stay dont stray i use only as an undereye concealer primer and it is AMAZING it helps to conceal a bit then helps my concealer itself last longer

and if you want to try the stay dont stray i love their deluxe sample kits like this http://www.sephora.com/full-glam-ahead-P302632?skuId=1391721

it has enough product in it to last quite a while!!

The army usually requests things be signed in blue ink, or any other color other than black for official documents so that they can make sure it is the original. I didn't find that out until last month when trying to get paperwork done before my move, they don't really let you know until you are standing there at your appointment that they need it in a different color.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually that's a good tip.
Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The army usually requests things be signed in blue ink, or any other color other than black for official documents so that they can make sure it is the original. I didn't find that out until last month when trying to get paperwork done before my move, they don't really let you know until you are standing there at your appointment that they need it in a different color.
It is a good tip, but who's gonna photocopy a 10th grader's math homework?

yes, I did my math homework in pen. I can't stand the noise pencils make on paper.

Well, I for one am hopeful.  We need a good box this month!  Otherwise I see a lot of unhappy people moving on to Ipsy and Glossy Box and the like.

Originally Posted by iluvteffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got this email from Birchbox asking me to take a survey about ways they can enhance my experience!
Hmm, I just checked my email and no survey! I wonder if they just randomized a few people to receive it..

Weird that they are asking about crafty stuff, Brit Kits just launched, and Brit Morin is a Birchbox advisor (meaning she owns a piece of the company in return for her advice) and her husband is an investor. I would not think they would compete with her at all. 

Another similar one I never heard of until recently was signing and numbering books in pencil. I had bought a book directly from the author and they signed/numbererd it in pencil. Someone had asked why on their FB page and it was explained that this is an old publisher's trick.

And no survery here. I'm guessing that it was random that they were sending them out.

Originally Posted by iluvteffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, so I just took the survey..what a waste.

I asked NOTHING about customer experience..it focused on things like if I wanted DIY projects in my BB or how much i like pens. PENS?! Ummmm
huh.gif

I thought they'd ask about shipping, and how I felt about sample sizes, and the lifestyle items etc.
Good Lord!! I swear, if a pen pops up in my box, I'm going to jab it it someone at BB eye and cancel for sure!! lol

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird that they are asking about crafty stuff, Brit Kits just launched, and Brit Morin is a Birchbox advisor (meaning she owns a piece of the company in return for her advice) and her husband is an investor. I would not think they would compete with her at all. 
I can't take her seriously after her "ways to repurpose a yoga mat" post on Hello, Brit and all the times she's been on GOMI...maybe that's why BB has been going downhill? Haven't checked out Brit Kits though, so maybe it's better than her usual stuff.

PLEASE NO PENS; I WANT MAKEUP :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back