Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just hoping I actually get a box in November. I never got my October box that had two different delivery dates, but still failed to appear.

Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Call me crazy, but I am obsessed with pens.  Lol.  Then again, I am a teacher.  I hope for everyone else's sake that we do not get pens, though (although secretly I would be thrilled. Haha)!
I'm a teacher, too, and I really feel that the last remaining perk of my job is access to an unlimited supply of pens. I'd much rather get a Birchbox pink EZ Grader. 

I guess since I got my November box comped that I'll be here at least one more month, though I never wanted to cancel anyway. With this month's fiasco of boxes not showing up and them now I guess being out of boxes, I'm guessing this month will be huge as far as continued membership goes. I'm going to laugh when they give us packets of maple brown sugar oatmeal because it's their favorite Fall breakfast. 

Originally Posted by TXSlainte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a teacher, too, and I really feel that the last remaining perk of my job is access to an unlimited supply of pens. I'd much rather get a Birchbox pink EZ Grader. 
Oooooo!!!  A pink EZ Grader would be FABULOUS!  Lol.  They need a subscription box for teachers.  I would SO be all over that one!  Lol.  Did you know that they have EX Grader apps for your phone?

Even though I was happy with my October box because of the ddf cleanser, i'm still looking for more makeup items. There are only so many skincare/hair care items that can be sent and tried out because if anyone else is like me, once I find a really good hair care or skincare item and I get used to it, i'm not really looking to change it up especially over and over again each month. The ONLY makeup I've received so far out of all of my boxes was that pitiful perfekt lip color sample. 

It's not that I mind skincare/hair care because I know we are supposed to be sampling new things but I do mind when it's back to back each month. It should at the very least be split up per season. UV care in summer, moisturizers in winter, I think so anyways. 

I can't take her seriously after her "ways to repurpose a yoga mat" post on Hello, Brit and all the times she's been on GOMI...maybe that's why BB has been going downhill? Haven't checked out Brit Kits though, so maybe it's better than her usual stuff. PLEASE NO PENS; I WANT MAKEUP :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They have been involved from the very beginning, Dave was one of their initial investors, and she came on not long after I believe. Their dog Pixel is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I had no idea a Bernadoodle was a thing, let a lone a mini Bernadoodle. Errmyygerd the sweetest puppy ever

Another similar one I never heard of until recently was signing and numbering books in pencil. I had bought a book directly from the author and they signed/numbererd it in pencil. Someone had asked why on their FB page and it was explained that this is an old publisher's trick. And no survery here. I'm guessing that it was random that they were sending them out.
I work in a law firm and blue pens are the only color we stock, other than red. This is for the same reasons already mentioned: you can tell the difference between copies and originals, particularly for wills. The one attorney is even very adamant about using regular blue ink over gel blue ink when we sign wills as a witness. Personally, I type bankruptcy petitions and I prefer ANY color over black when clients drop off their applications. Its just much easier to hone in on their answers.

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The one attorney is even very adamant about using regular blue ink over gel blue ink when we sign wills as a witness.

Is there any reason why regular over gel?

I've only used one type of pen (albeit I'm not fussy about the colour) for the past 4 years lol so if Birchbox starts sending out pens it'll go straight in the pile that I get from engineering conferences/fairs where they're practically shoving pens in your pockets. I literally have a dresser drawer full of pens and I'm pretty sure there's a pretty big box of them in my closet as well.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have been involved from the very beginning, Dave was one of their initial investors, and she came on not long after I believe.

Their dog Pixel is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I had no idea a Bernadoodle was a thing, let a lone a mini Bernadoodle. Errmyygerd the sweetest puppy ever
Haha, that dog has its own Twitter...who does he think he is? BUT HE SO CUTEEEEE <3

Personal preference, I believe. I love the gel. The last time I brought one to a signing, he made me use another. He's kind of strange in his ways.

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've only used one type of pen (albeit I'm not fussy about the colour) for the past 4 years lol so if Birchbox starts sending out pens it'll go straight in the pile that I get from engineering conferences/fairs where they're practically shoving pens in your pockets. I literally have a dresser drawer full of pens and I'm pretty sure there's a pretty big box of them in my closet as well.
Isn't it funny how particular we can be about writing utensils? I am a professional musician (my "extra" job haha), so I always have a pencil... but I'm particular about the kind of pencil I keep. I always buy the same kind and keep about five with my music at all times. Pens, however? Not so picky. I love pens and highlighters, and I might have a problem with Sharpie markers...

Not totally sure about it. Was just lurking around Instagram and BB posted this. I hope they would put one in our November boxes:

Meh. No real interest in Youngblood--mainly due to how Sindulge tried to shove it down everyone's throat.

Personal preference, I believe. I love the gel. The last time I brought one to a signing, he made me use another. He's kind of strange in his ways.
Most gel inks are very water soluble. I spilled water on my journal once. Total gel ink disaster. Bic pens' inks are more water-resistant. I haven't really used a ballpoint pen except Bic in so long, I don't know how they stack up as far as ink quality and paper impression. Regular ballpoint ink leaves a better impression in/on the paper than gel ink and the ball part of the pen is supposedly different on gel pens. I started using Uniball Signo pens because the package says they help prevent check fraud. I figured that meant my journal was less likely to get ruined if it got wet. But I also spilled water on my scratch paper at Work once and found out those are totally not water-proof, either. Glad it wasn't my journal that time.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not totally sure about it. Was just lurking around Instagram and BB posted this. I hope they would put one in our November boxes:

They are constantly posting gifts from other brands...doesn't mean it will be in the future box tho. Maybe later on but not right away...I tried applying to a position with them and it does specify "Get to try products before its in stores"

BB sent me an invite to review the +2 pack I received last month....I replied it was ok but that I had to settle for that pack instead of the one I really wanted because they sold out so quick. Im wondering since they are having such a bad time with boxes this month that they probably wont have the +2 pack again this month.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One can only hope. Iove the picture of the products, and you know if they do wind up in our boxes eventually, they will somehow be downsized to foil packets! lol

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Isn't it funny how particular we can be about writing utensils? I am a professional musician (my "extra" job haha), so I always have a pencil... but I'm particular about the kind of pencil I keep. I always buy the same kind and keep about five with my music at all times. Pens, however? Not so picky. I love pens and highlighters, and I might have a problem with Sharpie markers...
Right? When I was in elementary school and all through middle school, I refused to use anything but a 0.5 mechanical pencil. Then my mum brought one of the Pilot pens home from work and I tried it and I LOVED it so much I never ever changed it again. I actually drove to 3 different stores last year when I ran out before I found them and bought 2 packs LOL. I'll only use orange or green highlighters because yellows give me a headache and pink/purple are too dark. Sharpie markers are the BEST. I may or may not use them to patch up my favourite (but very beat up!) pair of combat boots once in a while.

Latest posts

Back