Birchbox November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I googled to find out what it means, because I'm annoying like that.  According to Wikipedia, 'The name Stila (pronounced STEE-la) was derived from the Italian word "stilare," which can mean "to pen". Stila's official website is quoted as saying that they chose that name because they believe every woman’s makeup should be as individual as her own signature.'  That's kinda cool!  =)
Cool! Thanks for looking that up and sharing!

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if anyone is interested in the phonetic transcription of anything, I'd be more than happy, as I am most certainly a word nerd :)
I'm a total word nerd, too! This made me really excited for no apparent reason. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting. I always thought it was joo-ay as well! Or rather, zhoo-ay I guess would be closest phonetically?
Yes, zhoo-ay would probably be the best phonetic representation (without IPA) for non-French speakers.

For me it's around the 1st - maybe a few days in but usually by the 5th I can't leave feedback and by the 10th the feedback for the new stuff is up.

Speaking of.... anyone else still getting that weird error from Survey Monkey when trying to leave a "review" (as they're now calling it)?

I hope shipping is a bit better this month. The past 2 months it's been a bit of a nightmare, so hopefully they'll sort it out this time around.

Just got this email from Birchbox asking me to take a survey about ways they can enhance my experience!

Hi there,

Thank you for being a Birchbox subscriber! We hope you love your monthly shipments. We’d love to ask you a few questions about how we can enhance your Birchbox experience by incorporating more fun activities into your monthly boxes. It will take less than five minutes—promise! We’ll use your answers as we plan for the future.

Yup just got the same email!

Edit: Just did the survey. It mainly asked about if I would like to receive stuff on cooking, party planning, home decor, and art supplies. Then went on to ask me about pens.. wtf. I hope this isn't going to be a new lifestyle item. I don't know how I feel about receiving pens in my Birchbox..

Ok, so I just took the survey..what a waste.

I asked NOTHING about customer experience..it focused on things like if I wanted DIY projects in my BB or how much i like pens. PENS?! Ummmm
huh.gif

I thought they'd ask about shipping, and how I felt about sample sizes, and the lifestyle items etc.

Originally Posted by Loladevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I tried the UD Primer  a long time ago but might have to give it another shot, and somehow I'd never noticed benefit made an eye primer
icon_scratch.gif
 I'll check it out. I've been using the Tarte eye primer and not terribly impressed.
I've used UD and liked it.  Used Benefit Stay Don't Stray and hated it.  It creased horribly and was had an awful (for me) texture.  I've heard great things about Too Faced, but haven't tried it.  I mostly use ELF, which is OK, but not great.  When I use up this tube I'll probably spring for the UD.

Call me crazy, but I am obsessed with pens.  Lol.  Then again, I am a teacher.  I hope for everyone else's sake that we do not get pens, though (although secretly I would be thrilled. Haha)!

Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Call me crazy, but I am obsessed with pens.  Lol.  Then again, I am a teacher.  I hope for everyone else's sake that we do not get pens, though (although secretly I would be thrilled. Haha)!
Oh man I'm obsessed with pens too... but I only use one kind. Uni-ball Signos for me! Sorry BB, but I'm not looking to change my pen routine and nothing you send me can change my mind ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Brand snobbery and all that. Sorr

Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL don't get me wrong I love pens as well. I go crazy in stationary stores...however, when I signed up for BB I did not have pens in mind, and no pen BB puts into a box could wow me enough to be ok with paying $10 for a beauty subscription and getting a NON-BEAUTY items.

Its like the who Luna bar and candle stuff...like If I wanted a pen or nutrition bar subscription I'd sign up for that..lol

I don't know, I have seen too much tea and Luna bars lately....I might be okay with a pen for a change if I had to choose between those items.  Although, I would rather stick to just beauty samples.

Pens???  Only if they write Blue.  I can't write with black.  It's one of my many quirks.  I also have number OCD, but we can talk about that later.  Now if they said colored Sharpies........that is a different game.

Originally Posted by Loladevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I tried the UD Primer  a long time ago but might have to give it another shot, and somehow I'd never noticed benefit made an eye primer
icon_scratch.gif
 I'll check it out. I've been using the Tarte eye primer and not terribly impressed.
I use Mac Paint Pot in Painterly. I also have UD Primer but I knew that I loved the paint pot better when I fell asleep for a three hour nap (whoops!) and woke up with my eye makeup still perfect!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use Mac Paint Pot in Painterly. I also have UD Primer but I knew that I loved the paint pot better when I fell asleep for a three hour nap (whoops!) and woke up with my eye makeup still perfect!
I love Painterly! Perfect on its own, and a great base for shadow and liner.

So I know there is a love/mostly-hate relationship with Twistbands as discussed on the Birchbox threads before lol but wanted to share anyway! I signed up for the 3-month sub for $13 from a Plum District deal a while ago and have blogged about what I've gotten every month - this month's insert card featured one of my pics from my blog which I thought was pretty cool. It's the pic on the top left corner!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Subscribed through plum district too! At the end of my sub though. I think I'm good for a while with the twistbands.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Subscribed through plum district too! At the end of my sub though. I think I'm good for a while with the twistbands.
Haha same here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha same here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did too. : )

Now that I know how cheap they are to make, i'll do that from now on. lol

Originally Posted by jesmari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup just got the same email!

Edit: Just did the survey. It mainly asked about if I would like to receive stuff on cooking, party planning, home decor, and art supplies. Then went on to ask me about pens.. wtf. I hope this isn't going to be a new lifestyle item. I don't know how I feel about receiving pens in my Birchbox..
I got it too. I'm ok with pens IF it's an extra item. I'm not sure about the party planning, cooking, etc. I'd rather they just stick with makeup and skin care.

Latest posts

Back