Sign in to follow this  
Missglammygirl

Birchbox November 2012

Originally Posted by orlandomom View Post

Chocolate

Stila all over shimmer

Miracle Skin Transformer instant skin perfector (is this a good sized sample? Anyone tried this??)

Atelier Rose Perfume (highly allergic to roses, ha)

Oscar blandi texturizing spray. My hair is thick and long and curly. I really don't need texture. Maybe I can use it like hairspray for my daughter for dance?

Box twins...! I wasn't really wanting the texturizing spray since I received it in my Allure Fall beauty box. I have still yet to try it because like you I have thick long curly hair. Happy with the rest of it tho!

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird View Post

Bahaha, I wonder if I'm the only one excited about the food item? It doesn't bother me since it's a lifestyle extra, and I really, really want the potato chip one. I love salt and chocolate. Yummy.

It doesn't bother me, but I'm not excited. sadno.gif

I probably would have wanted the chocolate food item over the man perfume! I also don't think I will use the lip gloss, I'm already getting one from Ipsy :/  If they are similar colors then I might gift it or something

Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Note to Birchbox: No one complains about the "lifestyle extra" being food if it's chocolate. 

absolutely!!!!!!!

girlies need the chocolates!!!! especially for 5 days a month, we kill without our chocolates!!!

Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Note to Birchbox: No one complains about the "lifestyle extra" being food if it's chocolate. 

Not true, I just read a comment on the BB Facebook page from some lady who got chocolate (i didn't) and she's livid. Apparently she has a ton of food allergies. I was trying to suggest perhaps she give the chocolate to a friend (because it's amazeballs) and she chewed my head off. 

There's no use arguing with someone who is that mad. Really. We are sampling, right? I, too, and disappointed when my box is just meh. But I like the part where I get to try new things. Hence I subscribe. Sometimes this board and the BB Facebook page really get me depressed. So glad I'm not a CS rep.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not getting chocolate. I dislike chocolate. *runs for hiding*

I am getting a SoyJoy bar. I'm allergic to them, so this is useless to me. My box only has 5 items, so kinda sucks. But I am getting the mini Oscar Blandi spray, which I love but refuse to pay full price for, so that's a plus.

Originally Posted by CrabbyMrsJ View Post

Not true, I just read a comment on the BB Facebook page from some lady who got chocolate (i didn't) and she's livid. Apparently she has a ton of food allergies. I was trying to suggest perhaps she give the chocolate to a friend (because it's amazeballs) and she chewed my head off. 

There's no use arguing with someone who is that mad. Really. We are sampling, right? I, too, and disappointed when my box is just meh. But I like the part where I get to try new things. Hence I subscribe. Sometimes this board and the BB Facebook page really get me depressed. So glad I'm not a CS rep.

i know bb has been sending out a lot of food lately, but seriously if you have THAT many allergies, you probably shouldn't be using a sampling service anyway i mean even the beauty samples have stuff in them, for example the naked princess gloss last month with the almond oil. i think some people just like to complain.

• Like 1

Reaaallly wish that they'd do a lifestyle extra or food, not lifestyle extra and food. I got a bath bomb and a chocopod. Bathbomb is cool, chocolate is cool, but not when they both count as deluxe samples, leaving me with one actual deluxe sample. Last month, I got two food items, so the only deluxe sample was an anti-acne facewash--my beauty profile indicates I have dry, sensitive skin.

Forgot to cancel before they billed me, but I won't make the same mistake again :|.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandomom View Post

Miracle Skin Transformer instant skin perfector (is this a good sized sample? Anyone tried this??)  

If it's like the one I got, no. It's a tiny single-use foil pack. Might come with two single-use foil packs, but I doubt they'd ship a deluxe sample. I'd be peeved if they had deluxe samples and just decided to give me all foil packets last month :/. Has an interesting fluffy texture, kind of like the Benefit PoreFessionals

i got something from miracle skin in my gossip girl box whatever month that was, and it was a very generous sample. i still have the whole tube left, but that's because i use it mostly as a concealer.

i'm getting the instant skin perfector this month too, and i'm kind of thinking based on the other sample i got that it will be in a tube, but i don't what to have any high expectations here...

The picture of the box itself has accurate content size, the individual images of the products just shows the full-sized versions. Whaaaaaaaaat they had actual deluxe samples of this stuff?? :| lol

Originally Posted by mellee View Post

They updated the picture of the box contents and it shows a small tube.  Hoping that's accurate!

Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

The picture of the box itself has accurate content size, the individual images of the products just shows the full-sized versions. Whaaaaaaaaat they had actual deluxe samples of this stuff?? :| lol

Yep - the pic they (finally) added for box 20 shows a small tube:  https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/november-2013/nov2012box20

Has anyone tried the Oscar Blandi texture/volumizing spray? Very interested to see how it works.. Is it like regular hairsprays that it makes your hair stiff, gritty, crunchy, sticky, etc? Or is it more natural/touchable? Still, if it really works, it beats backcombing :P.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

i know bb has been sending out a lot of food lately, but seriously if you have THAT many allergies, you probably shouldn't be using a sampling service anyway i mean even the beauty samples have stuff in them, for example the naked princess gloss last month with the almond oil. i think some people just like to complain.

Yeah that was a fun surprise.... I always check ingredients before I use stuff, because I do have allergies, but somehow that one slipped past me... 

I got box 9, and I'm pretty happy! Not over the moon, but happy enough to stay subscribed for another month icon_wink.gif

The mascara is just ok, which is a bit of a let down. Maybe it's just my tube, but it is SUPER dry and does nothing for lash volume and very little for length. Still, I'll throw it in my work bag for emergencies.

I'm kind of MEH about getting cologne for my lifestyle extra. I don't like the implication about having a man in your life, etc. BB is something I do for myself, I don't have any interest in getting stuff for my husband. That's why he has his own BB sub! Still, it's better than yet another nasty bar! Chocolate would have been nice, but I ordered the sample pack along with my cleanser to tip me over the $25 mark for free shipping.

I'm hoarding my points and waiting for my 6 month code next month. Hoping to streeeeetch those points and get myself something luxurious yay.gif

I'm looking for a MOX lip butter!!!

My list up for trade:

• Stila lip glaze (action CN)
  • The brush guard set
  • WEI real clean skin gelled oil cleanser (2)
  • Glow and Go travel puff (all even)
  • Eye rock eyeliner (package opened but not used, I have tons of them!)
  • Comodynes self tanning (2)
  • John Varvatos (Birchbox man)
  • Caudalie vinoperfect radience serum
  • Perfekt lip gloss (Melrose)

All items are unopened and unused unless noted! I'm open to other trades as well. Mainly eye products, lip sticks, or nail polish.

Thanks!

Caitlin

I decided to try the men's cologne on for myself, since I enjoyed the smell and it's kind of clean and light... and I dropped the vial on the bathroom floor, which of course shattered the vial and spilled the entire contents all over the tile. icon_sad.gif

I was very sad for about one minute. The fragrance disappeared so quickly, however, even with it being all over my hands and arms and the floor, that I felt as though it was a message: don't love this so much, because the staying power is zero. Oh, well. It did smell lovely on me, not masculine at all, fwiw.

I'm getting Box 2 also and I'm pretty happy with it. I really wanted the texturing spray and lip butter but hey, we can't get every single thing we want. 

Does anyone know if they are sending out the different varieties/scents of the One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum or will everyone get the lavendar scent?

Originally Posted by jbird1175 View Post

Does anyone know if they are sending out the different varieties/scents of the One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum or will everyone get the lavendar scent?

I think someone got the chamomile one?