Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dollysantana

Birchbox February 2013

Recommended Posts

I second the Serge Normant Dry Shampoo is crap. (not that i'm a dry shampoo expert- i've never tried one before, but this left my husbands hair feel terrible and look dull and greyish) that's right- i wouldn't even use it on my hair, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really really hoping they'll sample the Clark's Marine Cream again this month for all of us who didn't get to try it in January.  This is one time I'd actually like for them to repeat a product!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

 

Im such a birchbox-aholic!  I was looking through ebay and I found a complete teen vogue birchbox. I had to contact the seller to do buy it now. lol Not bad though. less than 14 for the whole thing. and it had joy lipsurgence and a pretty silver essie. Ahh. I can never save money lol. Hoping we will get more tarte this year! it would be festive if we got some pink and red lipsurgences or glamazon lippies

I love your taste in makeup. :) You got me wanting to try more Tarte. I hope to get it in GB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly hope those are Zoya for Feb!! BB introduced me to Zoya in my first box (best box ever) I must say it is my HG of all nail polishes. Another Zoya would only be right! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

 

I love your taste in makeup. :) You got me wanting to try more Tarte. I hope to get it in GB!

Lol thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

 

 

 

I *believe* they mentioned the Rodarte box being the February box. Also that there would be some kind of foundation/face makeup product in Feb as well :D

where did you hear this???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

 

where did you hear this???

I tried searching for any information about it and couldn't find anything. And usually when they partner with people for boxes they promote them a few weeks before the beginning of the month to generate buzz/get people to sign up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feb is the last month on my gift sub. I seriously hope it is better than my last two boxes! I love BB for the points, so it would be really hard not to continue, but I do wish that the samples were less disappointing!

 

Maybe some good changes will come from all that hate on their FB. Come on Birchbox! Make all those meanies regret unsubbing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

 

Oh? I some how missed the memo about Rodarte collaborating with Birchbox. NYFW Fall/Winter 2013 shows will begin in February and Spring/Summer 2014 will be in September. I'm going to assume the Rodarte collab will be a while off since they haven't promoted it at all yet.

 

Either way I'm excited! I guess Birchbox gets my money for a few more months.

I would love to see a collaboration/curated box, because I've only had BB since Dec and I want to see what all the hype's about!  I would also love a nail polish.  And a foundation/face makeup item.  I WANT IT ALL, BIRCHBOX!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blargh, I got Rodarte and Ruffian mixed up.  As far as I can find, no date is known yet aside from the fact that it's this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

Blargh, I got Rodarte and Ruffian mixed up.  As far as I can find, no date is known yet aside from the fact that it's this year.

 

Judging from their spring collection it's all about pastels, perfect skin, sculpted cheeks, either nude or red lips, brows and big hair :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by OiiO View Post

 

 

Judging from their spring collection it's all about pastels, perfect skin, sculpted cheeks, either nude or red lips, brows and big hair :)

 

Sounds perfect to me! I opted out of the Goop box (thank goodness) and have never gotten a collab box, so I'm pretty excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might sub soon, like tomorrow or today :D I so hope they improve their boxes cuz I'll drop SS and pick up BB, cuz their point system is awesome. And with SS you get NOTHING for being a sub, but the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

 

I might sub soon, like tomorrow or today :D I so hope they improve their boxes cuz I'll drop SS and pick up BB, cuz their point system is awesome. And with SS you get NOTHING for being a sub, but the box.

You may want to put yourself on the waitlist now, it's averaging about a month for the wait.  Then when you get your invite, you can either accept it and drop SS, or ignore the invite if SS sends you a spectacular box.   Or, you know, have both wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you get $15 a month off full size products with Sample Society? I was thinking about doing both for a couple months to compare.

I might sub soon, like tomorrow or today :D I so hope they improve their boxes cuz I'll drop SS and pick up BB, cuz their point system is awesome. And with SS you get NOTHING for being a sub, but the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by puppyluv View Post

 

Don't you get $15 a month off full size products with Sample Society? I was thinking about doing both for a couple months to compare.

 

 

not full size, sample sized :) I have a couple of reviews on SS on my blog, you can check out value and stuff there, or go through the monthly posts here :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

 

You may want to put yourself on the waitlist now, it's averaging about a month for the wait.  Then when you get your invite, you can either accept it and drop SS, or ignore the invite if SS sends you a spectacular box.   Or, you know, have both wink.gif

I told the bf I might drop SS key word here...MIGHT, but actually I wouldn't be on the list for THAT long, cuz I've already been on it for like  3 months XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried the Fresh sugar lip scrub and it is OK, I would never buy it again.  I think a lip scrub I make with a little argan oil and a little regular sugar from the sugar bowl is better.  The scrub does the job on my lips and tastes better than the Fresh brand.  And it is also cheaper!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by lindalou3 View Post

 

I've tried the Fresh sugar lip scrub and it is OK, I would never buy it again.  I think a lip scrub I make with a little argan oil and a little regular sugar from the sugar bowl is better.  The scrub does the job on my lips and tastes better than the Fresh brand.  And it is also cheaper!

Totally trying that today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

 

not full size, sample sized :) I have a couple of reviews on SS on my blog, you can check out value and stuff there, or go through the monthly posts here :)

 

It looks like this answer is to a different question than was actually asked:  Yes, you get a $15 credit to use towards full-sized products, but they have to be the brands (not necessarily the specific products) being sampled that month.  So if they're sampling, say, By Terry moisturizer, Oscar de la Renta fragrance, philosophy cleanser, Deborah Lippmann nail polish, and Vincent Longo lip liner, you could use your $15 towards anything you received in your Sample Society box -- or you could get By Terry lip gloss, philosophy 3-in-1 shower gel, Oscar de la Renta powder, Deborah Lippmann nail tools, or Vincent Longo eye shadow.  And the credits don't roll over month to month, so it's a use-it-or-lose-it deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right, I didn't read, I'm watching tv at the same time lol. Even if I do get a $15 off...I would have to actually buy an item, whereas with birchbox you can collect points and end up getting it for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

 

It looks like this answer is to a different question than was actually asked:  Yes, you get a $15 credit to use towards full-sized products, but they have to be the brands (not necessarily the specific products) being sampled that month.  So if they're sampling, say, By Terry moisturizer, Oscar de la Renta fragrance, philosophy cleanser, Deborah Lippmann nail polish, and Vincent Longo lip liner, you could use your $15 towards anything you received in your Sample Society box -- or you could get By Terry lip gloss, philosophy 3-in-1 shower gel, Oscar de la Renta powder, Deborah Lippmann nail tools, or Vincent Longo eye shadow.  And the credits don't roll over month to month, so it's a use-it-or-lose-it deal.

Is there a minimum purchase to use the 15 dollars off, or could you get something that qualifies brand-wise, but retails for 12 dollars, for free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

 

I told the bf I might drop SS key word here...MIGHT, but actually I wouldn't be on the list for THAT long, cuz I've already been on it for like  3 months XD

Omg duh, now I remember telling you to email them on another thread... lol I have the memory of a goldfish, sorry!

 

 

 

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

 

It looks like this answer is to a different question than was actually asked:  Yes, you get a $15 credit to use towards full-sized products, but they have to be the brands (not necessarily the specific products) being sampled that month.  So if they're sampling, say, By Terry moisturizer, Oscar de la Renta fragrance, philosophy cleanser, Deborah Lippmann nail polish, and Vincent Longo lip liner, you could use your $15 towards anything you received in your Sample Society box -- or you could get By Terry lip gloss, philosophy 3-in-1 shower gel, Oscar de la Renta powder, Deborah Lippmann nail tools, or Vincent Longo eye shadow.  And the credits don't roll over month to month, so it's a use-it-or-lose-it deal.

And the $15 off is for a minimum $50 purchase... so it's not such a great deal unless you were planning to splurge in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by lindalou3 View Post

 

I've tried the Fresh sugar lip scrub and it is OK, I would never buy it again.  I think a lip scrub I make with a little argan oil and a little regular sugar from the sugar bowl is better.  The scrub does the job on my lips and tastes better than the Fresh brand.  And it is also cheaper!

I just use my (clean) toothbrush on my lips every few days and then apply a natural lip balm.  That's the cheapest way I've found! wink.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • Hey there, that’s a great question. There are actually many ways to stop splitting ends . I found a video on you tube that explains a few simple ways on how to take care of hair splittings and breakages using home remedies. I have tried many different ways to handle the same problem. Here’s a link to a video that gives some great tips. http://eunsetee.com/EinD Click on the link above and once you land on the page,  click where it says “Please press allow to continue” and then you will be redirected to the YouTube video that shows you what to do. I hope it helps.
    • Wow! This list of products can bring double benefits to the body in the form of a slim figure and a beautiful tan. I will definitely try your recommendations. By the way, I also have a secret of weight loss, which has never let me down. Just check here and you will be able to get Adipex coupons.
    • Is it really as good as it claims to be in fighting skin aging or would you say retinol is still better?
    • Features:New quality100% new productsProduct Name: Peel-off Blackhead Acne Nasal Sticker 10PCS 20 pcs 50 pcsStyle: Nasal stickerEffect: Shrink pores, remove blackheads, acne, anti acne, deep cleansing.Weight: 15gColor: As shown in the pictureHow to use✅After cleansing, wet the nose thoroughly with clean water, remove the transparent film of the nasal paste, and press the smooth surface of the nasal paste along the bridge of the nose to the two sides of the nasal ala to remove air.✅Wait until the nasal patch becomes completely dry and hard (do not feel the nasal patch while waiting). Remove the nasal patch from both sides of the alar to the bridge of the nose, and quickly remove it from the bottom up.✅ finally, tap some toner or essence on the nose and nose. Buy Now : https://www.ziloshop.com/products/nose-blackhead-remover-mask-pore-cleaner?variant=30236540633219
    • Dancer's Kit by Mehron Finally...an affordable solution to every dancers makeup dilemma! The new, All-inclusive Dancer makeup Kit includes all of the vital cosmetic tools needed to create the perfect stage face. Along with an eight-page step-by-step pictorial instruction booklet, created by makeup artists for the American Ballet Theater, to help dance teachers and their students create an innovative look for every performance. You receive all this in your Professional Dancer's Makeup Kit by Mehron:   Step-by-Step Pictorial Instructions  5-Color Celebre Makeup Palette Barrier Spray Glitter Dust Shimmer Powder  Full-Size Pencil Liner Waterproof Mascara Non-latex Foam Wedge  Double Point Cotton Swabs Colorset Setting Powder  Powder Puff Makeup Remover Cloth   We Ship within 24 Hour, if you order on a Friday your item will be shipped either on Friday or Monday. Please contact us if you need the item to be shipped via Express Mail or Priority mail. Indiana Shipments are charged Indiana Sales Tax. Buy Now : https://theatricalavenue.com/products/mehron-complete-student-dance-makeup-kit-set-professional-easy-instructions

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×