Birchbox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else find the name "TeaPig" HILARIOUS!?  I'm a total Anglophile and can't live without my tea, but I'm not sure if I could buy anything called teapig.  The lippy looks adorable though!

Originally Posted by Dollysantana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Off topic this is what they are getting in the uk first birchbox what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by SamAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would kill for the Fresh lip stuff. I have wanted to try that for awhile.
I'm so jealous they're getting Fresh lip stuff...I love it so much but I absolutely cannot let myself spend $22 on lip balm..no wonder how wonderful it makes my lips feel! 

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so jealous they're getting Fresh lip stuff...I love it so much but I absolutely cannot let myself spend $22 on lip balm..no wonder how wonderful it makes my lips feel! 
Birchbox sent it out in the Teen Vogue boxes back in...  February?  March?  Something like that.  It was the first time they did an opt in thing for the monthly box.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Birchbox sent it out in the Teen Vogue boxes back in...  February?  March?  Something like that.  It was the first time they did an opt in thing for the monthly box.
I think it was March. Either way, it feels like it's been a while since they've had a sponsored box, hopefully that means we'll have one in the near future.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it was March. Either way, it feels like it's been a while since they've had a sponsored box, hopefully that means we'll have one in the near future.
Sponsored (like the Vichy box) or curated (Teen Vogue, Gossip Girl, goop)?  I believe we were told that they would be dong a curated box with, crap, can't remember the name of the fashion house.  I think it was the one that stirred up an epic shitstorm when they did a collaboration with MAC inspired by factory workers in Ciudad Juarez in Mexico, which also happens to be an utter hellhole nightmare of a town notorious for a horrifically high rape rate and human and drug trafficking.  The collection was pulled before it was even released. Ah!  Rodarte!  That's their name, and I managed to find a MUT thread about that whole nastiness here.

ANYWAY.  Now that I have the name, I was able to confirm:  That collaboration between Rodarte and Birchbox is on the way, although my guess is that it will coincide with one of the months when big fashion shows are happening.  I would not be surprised if it was the September box to coincide with Fashion's Night Out, which was right after Labor Day in 2012.

Sponsored (like the Vichy box) or curated (Teen Vogue, Gossip Girl, goop)?  I believe we were told that they would be dong a curated box with, crap, can't remember the name of the fashion house.  I think it was the one that stirred up an epic shitstorm when they did a collaboration with MAC inspired by factory workers in Ciudad Juarez in Mexico, which also happens to be an utter hellhole nightmare of a town notorious for a horrifically high rape rate and human and drug trafficking.  The collection was pulled before it was even released. Ah!  Rodarte!  That's their name, and I managed to find a MUT thread about that whole nastiness here.

ANYWAY.  Now that I have the name, I was able to confirm:  That collaboration between Rodarte and Birchbox is on the way, although my guess is that it will coincide with one of the months when big fashion shows are happening.  I would not be surprised if it was the September box to coincide with Fashion's Night Out, which was right after Labor Day in 2012.
Oh? I some how missed the memo about Rodarte collaborating with Birchbox. NYFW Fall/Winter 2013 shows will begin in February and Spring/Summer 2014 will be in September. I'm going to assume the Rodarte collab will be a while off since they haven't promoted it at all yet.

Either way I'm excited! I guess Birchbox gets my money for a few more months.

Im such a birchbox-aholic!  I was looking through ebay and I found a complete teen vogue birchbox. I had to contact the seller to do buy it now. lol Not bad though. less than 14 for the whole thing. and it had joy lipsurgence and a pretty silver essie. Ahh. I can never save money lol. Hoping we will get more tarte this year! it would be festive if we got some pink and red lipsurgences or glamazon lippies

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im such a birchbox-aholic!  I was looking through ebay and I found a complete teen vogue birchbox. I had to contact the seller to do buy it now. lol Not bad though. less than 14 for the whole thing. and it had joy lipsurgence and a pretty silver essie. Ahh. I can never save money lol. Hoping we will get more tarte this year! it would be festive if we got some pink and red lipsurgences or glamazon lippies

I would love another lipsurgence! I got the matte one last time which I love, but I'd love to try one of the glossier ones, too!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love another lipsurgence! I got the matte one last time which I love, but I'd love to try one of the glossier ones, too!
They are amazing! I have a ton of them and I love them to pieces. I really like enchanted as a pretty reddish glossy color

Oh? I some how missed the memo about Rodarte collaborating with Birchbox. NYFW Fall/Winter 2013 shows will begin in February and Spring/Summer 2014 will be in September. I'm going to assume the Rodarte collab will be a while off since they haven't promoted it at all yet.

I *believe* they mentioned the Rodarte box being the February box. Also that there would be some kind of foundation/face makeup product in Feb as well :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I second the Serge Normant Dry Shampoo is crap. (not that i'm a dry shampoo expert- i've never tried one before, but this left my husbands hair feel terrible and look dull and greyish) that's right- i wouldn't even use it on my hair, lol. 

I'm really really hoping they'll sample the Clark's Marine Cream again this month for all of us who didn't get to try it in January.  This is one time I'd actually like for them to repeat a product!  

I love your taste in makeup. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You got me wanting to try more Tarte. I hope to get it in GB!

I truly hope those are Zoya for Feb!! BB introduced me to Zoya in my first box (best box ever) I must say it is my HG of all nail polishes. Another Zoya would only be right! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

where did you hear this???
I tried searching for any information about it and couldn't find anything. And usually when they partner with people for boxes they promote them a few weeks before the beginning of the month to generate buzz/get people to sign up...

Feb is the last month on my gift sub. I seriously hope it is better than my last two boxes! I love BB for the points, so it would be really hard not to continue, but I do wish that the samples were less disappointing!

Maybe some good changes will come from all that hate on their FB. Come on Birchbox! Make all those meanies regret unsubbing!!

I would love to see a collaboration/curated box, because I've only had BB since Dec and I want to see what all the hype's about!  I would also love a nail polish.  And a foundation/face makeup item.  I WANT IT ALL, BIRCHBOX!!!

Back