Birchbox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blargh, I got Rodarte and Ruffian mixed up.  As far as I can find, no date is known yet aside from the fact that it's this year.
Judging from their spring collection it's all about pastels, perfect skin, sculpted cheeks, either nude or red lips, brows and big hair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Judging from their spring collection it's all about pastels, perfect skin, sculpted cheeks, either nude or red lips, brows and big hair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sounds perfect to me! I opted out of the Goop box (thank goodness) and have never gotten a collab box, so I'm pretty excited.

I might sub soon, like tomorrow or today :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I so hope they improve their boxes cuz I'll drop SS and pick up BB, cuz their point system is awesome. And with SS you get NOTHING for being a sub, but the box.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might sub soon, like tomorrow or today :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I so hope they improve their boxes cuz I'll drop SS and pick up BB, cuz their point system is awesome. And with SS you get NOTHING for being a sub, but the box.
You may want to put yourself on the waitlist now, it's averaging about a month for the wait.  Then when you get your invite, you can either accept it and drop SS, or ignore the invite if SS sends you a spectacular box.   Or, you know, have both 
wink.gif

Don't you get $15 a month off full size products with Sample Society? I was thinking about doing both for a couple months to compare.

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you get $15 a month off full size products with Sample Society? I was thinking about doing both for a couple months to compare.
not full size, sample sized :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a couple of reviews on SS on my blog, you can check out value and stuff there, or go through the monthly posts here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You may want to put yourself on the waitlist now, it's averaging about a month for the wait.  Then when you get your invite, you can either accept it and drop SS, or ignore the invite if SS sends you a spectacular box.   Or, you know, have both 
wink.gif
I told the bf I might drop SS key word here...MIGHT, but actually I wouldn't be on the list for THAT long, cuz I've already been on it for like  3 months XD

I've tried the Fresh sugar lip scrub and it is OK, I would never buy it again.  I think a lip scrub I make with a little argan oil and a little regular sugar from the sugar bowl is better.  The scrub does the job on my lips and tastes better than the Fresh brand.  And it is also cheaper!

Originally Posted by lindalou3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried the Fresh sugar lip scrub and it is OK, I would never buy it again.  I think a lip scrub I make with a little argan oil and a little regular sugar from the sugar bowl is better.  The scrub does the job on my lips and tastes better than the Fresh brand.  And it is also cheaper!
Totally trying that today.

not full size, sample sized :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a couple of reviews on SS on my blog, you can check out value and stuff there, or go through the monthly posts here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It looks like this answer is to a different question than was actually asked:  Yes, you get a $15 credit to use towards full-sized products, but they have to be the brands (not necessarily the specific products) being sampled that month.  So if they're sampling, say, By Terry moisturizer, Oscar de la Renta fragrance, philosophy cleanser, Deborah Lippmann nail polish, and Vincent Longo lip liner, you could use your $15 towards anything you received in your Sample Society box -- or you could get By Terry lip gloss, philosophy 3-in-1 shower gel, Oscar de la Renta powder, Deborah Lippmann nail tools, or Vincent Longo eye shadow.  And the credits don't roll over month to month, so it's a use-it-or-lose-it deal.

You are right, I didn't read, I'm watching tv at the same time lol. Even if I do get a $15 off...I would have to actually buy an item, whereas with birchbox you can collect points and end up getting it for free.

It looks like this answer is to a different question than was actually asked:  Yes, you get a $15 credit to use towards full-sized products, but they have to be the brands (not necessarily the specific products) being sampled that month.  So if they're sampling, say, By Terry moisturizer, Oscar de la Renta fragrance, philosophy cleanser, Deborah Lippmann nail polish, and Vincent Longo lip liner, you could use your $15 towards anything you received in your Sample Society box -- or you could get By Terry lip gloss, philosophy 3-in-1 shower gel, Oscar de la Renta powder, Deborah Lippmann nail tools, or Vincent Longo eye shadow.  And the credits don't roll over month to month, so it's a use-it-or-lose-it deal.
Is there a minimum purchase to use the 15 dollars off, or could you get something that qualifies brand-wise, but retails for 12 dollars, for free?

I told the bf I might drop SS key word here...MIGHT, but actually I wouldn't be on the list for THAT long, cuz I've already been on it for like  3 months XD
Omg duh, now I remember telling you to email them on another thread... lol I have the memory of a goldfish, sorry!

And the $15 off is for a minimum $50 purchase... so it's not such a great deal unless you were planning to splurge in the first place. 

Originally Posted by lindalou3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just use my (clean) toothbrush on my lips every few days and then apply a natural lip balm.  That's the cheapest way I've found! 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omg duh, now I remember telling you to email them on another thread... lol I have the memory of a goldfish, sorry!

And the $15 off is for a minimum $50 purchase... so it's not such a great deal unless you were planning to splurge in the first place. 
Yup and I couldn't find that thread XD so I had to reply here.

And yeah lol $15 off $50 that's meh for me. There's no actual monthly reward for being a member, like w julep where you can get a free box eventually.

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I truly hope those are Zoya for Feb!! BB introduced me to Zoya in my first box (best box ever) I must say it is my HG of all nail polishes. Another Zoya would only be right! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I never heard of Zoya until BB - went out on a limb and tried it and loved it.  They have the BEST nail polish remover too!

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish Birchbox would go back to THOSE sizes and variety. I feel like they're putting so much more effort in to their new projects (birchbox man, uk, etc.). I mean my samples for January consisted of two small vials and foil packets.
I don't think I have ever gotten a box with that many deluxe size samples from BB!!!!  My last 3-4 boxes have had small vials and foil packets as well.  So disappointing.  I don't get excited about BB at all anymore.  I am only staying for the points.  The way I figure it is if I get 5 products in each box then that is 100 points for reviewing products for every two boxes. Since 100 points = $10 then I somehow justify in my head that each box only ends up costing me $5 so it makes me less angry about the BS samples they have been sending out.

Back