Birchbox February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fibers fall off and get stuck in my contacts. Ouch!! Also I need waterproof as a dog groomer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I prefer blinc!!

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one who LOVED the modelco mascara? lol
I loved it! I hadn't been wearing much mascara before I got it in my box because most of them were just thick and made my eyelashes feel gross and heavy, but I really like the consistency of the modelco mascara on my eyelashes. There is something really light about it.

Originally Posted by jkwynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one who LOVED the modelco mascara? lol

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved it! I hadn't been wearing much mascara before I got it in my box because most of them were just thick and made my eyelashes feel gross and heavy, but I really like the consistency of the modelco mascara on my eyelashes. There is something really light about it.
I'm SO obsessed with it. I do agree that theres a "lightness" to this one. It makes my eyelashes look really pretty (longer and thicker) without looking goopy or clumpy or too fake. Yanno? I'm a fan. I would buy more but I do have too many mascara samples to work through first...Whoops.

Originally Posted by grayc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree; i've gone back through all my boxes to see what i've recieved.. and i've recieved some really great stuff; and was introduced to some game changers for me.   Between those new products and the BB points... not sure how you can go wrong!

Life Changing / LOVED!

Beauty Blender

Stila all over shimmer

ModelCo Lip Gloss in Nude

Oscar Blandi Spray

Color Club Gray

ChocoPod

Frownies

Fresh Lotus

Used/Really Enjoyed

Twistband

Tili Bag

21 Drops

Luna Bar

Hot Mama

Number 4

Tried but not for me

Marie Veronique Organic Oil

Go Sleep Over Kit

Juice B CC Cream

Skinny Chic

Um; No thanks (added to my trade list)

Kate Spade Twirl

Chantecaille Gloss (just not my color)

DDF Pore Minimizer

Atelier Cologne Rose

Miracle Skin

Cartier Parfumes (2)

Nick Chavez Volume Shampoo
See, the Color Club and the ChocoPods weren't for me.  I ended up buying the chocopods and only liking one of them.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was sad about it.

I can say that my boxes have gotten better.  Still super-small samples, but the points keep me coming back.  LOL  

Oh and I make my own sugar lip scrub.  Tablespoon of brown sugar, Tablespoon of honey, and a teaspoon and a half of coconut oil (can use olive oil, but I find it too drippy so maybe reduce the amount.)  I mix it up, put it in a pot and keep it in the fridge.  Take a little bit, rub it on and let it sit for a minute or two...try not to lick...lol  and then wipe it off.  I use mine every other day or so.  Keeps my pucker chap-free.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I've received many things I've loved, others I didn't like and found several other products I loved through trades along the way.  It just goes to show that some things you feel are bad or a 'punishment' may be someone else's holy grail and vice versa.  Keep an open mind, and Viva La Birchbox!

Ojon damage reverse hair serum

Hot mama

Mary lou

Number 4

Modelco lip gloss

Benefit it's potent!

One Love Organics body serum

stila all over shimmer liquid

Mox lip butter

Sprout lip balm

LiQWd Volumizing Catalyst

Eyeko skinny liquid liner

Skin, An Apothecary body whip

WEI Golden root mud mask

Ada bronzer

Algenist eye renewal balm

Color club disco nap

Cynthia Rowley bandaids

Zoya polishes

Lulu Organics hair powder

stila smudge stick

Jouer moisturizing lip gloss

Chuao chocolate pod
Fresh sugar rose' lip treatment

Color Club summer pastel blue ming

Blue Alessandro polish

Kiehl's Creme de Corps

Kiehl's Abyssine Cream+

all the perfumes: Harvey Prince, Juicy, BLKDNM, Bvlgari, Wonderstruck

Kerastase Nectar Thermique

Masqueology eye mask

Jouer matte moisture tint

Beauty fix cuticle conditioner

Gloss Moderne Masque

Likewise moisturizer

Comodynes self tanning

Dr. Jart BB cream

Eyerock eyeliner

Borghese CuraForte Moisture intensifier

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum

Benefit the porefessional
I LOVE all of these products...  thank you, traders!!

Marula oil

Olie Huile Biologique

Stila waterproof sparkle eyeliners

Amika Nourishing Mask

Orofluido

Juice Beauty Full Strength apple peel

Alima pure nourishing lip balm

Miracle Skin Transformer treat and conceal

Shea Terra black soap

Vansanti Brighten Up! Cleanser

Erno Laszlo Active Phelityl soap

Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream

Clark's Botanicals Radiance Mask

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy face wash

Tea Forte Skin smart teas

Kusmi teas

Brush guards

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've received many things I've loved, others I didn't like and found several other products I loved through trades along the way.  It just goes to show that some things you feel are bad or a 'punishment' may be someone else's holy grail and vice versa.  Keep an open mind, and Viva La Birchbox!

Ojon damage reverse hair serum

Hot mama

Mary lou

Number 4

Modelco lip gloss

Benefit it's potent!

One Love Organics body serum

stila all over shimmer liquid

Mox lip butter

Sprout lip balm

LiQWd Volumizing Catalyst

Eyeko skinny liquid liner

Skin, An Apothecary body whip

WEI Golden root mud mask

Ada bronzer

Algenist eye renewal balm

Color club disco nap

Cynthia Rowley bandaids

Zoya polishes

Lulu Organics hair powder

stila smudge stick

Jouer moisturizing lip gloss

Chuao chocolate pod
Fresh sugar rose' lip treatment

Color Club summer pastel blue ming

Blue Alessandro polish

Kiehl's Creme de Corps

Kiehl's Abyssine Cream+

all the perfumes: Harvey Prince, Juicy, BLKDNM, Bvlgari, Wonderstruck

Kerastase Nectar Thermique

Masqueology eye mask

Jouer matte moisture tint

Beauty fix cuticle conditioner

Gloss Moderne Masque

Likewise moisturizer

Comodynes self tanning

Dr. Jart BB cream

Eyerock eyeliner

Borghese CuraForte Moisture intensifier

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum

Benefit the porefessional
I LOVE all of these products...  thank you, traders!!

Marula oil

Olie Huile Biologique

Stila waterproof sparkle eyeliners

Amika Nourishing Mask

Orofluido

Juice Beauty Full Strength apple peel

Alima pure nourishing lip balm

Miracle Skin Transformer treat and conceal

Shea Terra black soap

Vansanti Brighten Up! Cleanser

Erno Laszlo Active Phelityl soap

Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream

Clark's Botanicals Radiance Mask

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy face wash

Tea Forte Skin smart teas

Kusmi teas

Brush guards
Posts like this just reinforce my happiness over there being SO MANY different types of beauty products out there. A lot of what you loved, I hated. and A lot of what you hated, I loved! lol. We would make a good trade team!

I loved Color Club in Age of Aquarius, Bvlgari perfume, Dr Jart's, Suki Lemon Scrub, Vasanti Brighten Up Cleanser, Kiehls body wash, Choco Pod, Juliette has a gun, and the It's Potent! eye cream!

I just give all of the samples that I don't like to my friends and my sister; it always makes them so happy to get them. It's like I'm giving them little presents throughout the year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by BisousDarling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just give all of the samples that I don't like to my friends and my sister; it always makes them so happy to get them. It's like I'm giving them little presents throughout the year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 ^^^ I agree. I literally have seminars with every box I get with my mom.  I watch her reaction to some of the stuff I know I wont use and I hand it to her like a giveaway prize to my audience. lol

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

around what time of the month do you guys usually get your birchbox?
Ha! They are supposed to ship starting on the 10th and people get their boxes any time from before the 10th to as late as the next month. Their shipping is really inconsistent. I typically get mine by the 15th.

I add to my list every month! I really feel like people are extremely picky... my friends are always jealous of my boxes I get every month haha.

LOVED -Beauty Fixation Remover -Harvey Prince Flirt -Mary-Lou Manizer -One Love Serum -Mox Lip Butter -Chuao Chocolate -Nuxe Cleanser -Juliette Has A Gun -Hot Mama -Embryolisse Moisturizer   LIKED -Larabar -Color Club Polish -Mighty Leaf Tea -Juicy Couture Fleur -ModelCo Gloss -Stripper To Go   TRIED -Twistband -Dr. Jart BB Cream -ModelCo Mascara -Oscar Blandi Spray -Miss Jessies curls -Number 4 Shampoo   NO -Benefit Facewash/Polish -Ouidad Gel -Soyjoy Bar -Aerie Shimmer

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! They are supposed to ship starting on the 10th and people get their boxes any time from before the 10th to as late as the next month. Their shipping is really inconsistent. I typically get mine by the 15th.
*sigh* well that's no encouraging for my first month :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh well, I'm still excited. Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*sigh* well that's no encouraging for my first month :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh well, I'm still excited. Thank you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It will be worth the wait! I'll take sporadic shipping if it comes with their awesome points system :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still have my Stila bronzer as well. Way to shimmery for day wear.
My daughter confiscated mine. I don't know what she does with it, but she can have it! lol

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It will be worth the wait! I'll take sporatic shipping if it comes with their awesome points system :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hope so :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> their points system is the reason I subbed :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wish for no food, except maybe chocopods nom!

My loved, liked, and nope list (under the spoiler since it's lengthy)

LOVED:

1. Number 4 clarifying shampoo
  2. Luna Bars (don't judge me, lol)
  3. Malin + Goetz body wash
  4. Sprout lip balm
  5. 21 drops aromatherapy
  6. Twistbands
  7. Color club nail polishes
  8. Schick razor
  9. Miss Jessie's products
  10. Juicy Couture La Fleur
  11. Sabon Foot Cream
  12. Stila Lip Glaze
  13. Minteas
  14. Dirt scrub
  15. Eyeko eyeliner
  16. Cynthia Rowley band-aids
  17. Birchbox notecards
  18. Caudalie Hand + Nail Cream
  19. Atelier Cologne - Orange
  20. Le Pelais des Thes tea bags
  21. Kerastase Elixir
  22. Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tint
  23. VMV Hypoallergenics Eye Serum
  24. Zoya Nail Polish
  25. theBalm Mary Lou-manizer

LIKED:

1. Deborah Lippmann Stripper to Go
  2. Embryolisse (sp)
  3. Hot Mama by the balm
  4. ModelCo lipgloss and mascara
  5. Juice CC cream
  6. Nick Chavez Shampoo
  7. Kiehl's lotion
  8. supergoop serum
  9. Nexxus hair care line
  10. Fusion Beauty Lip Balm
  11. Ojon Restorative Conditioner
  12. Jouer Lip Gloss

NOPE:

1. Aerie Shimmer
  2. LA Fresh Hand Sanitizer Wipes
  3. Nicole Richie perfume
  4. anything by Masqueology
  5. Stila liquid luminizer
  6. Malin + Goetz facial cleanser
  7. Ouidad curl cream
  8. Mighty Leaf tea
  9. Vasanti (gave me zits =/)
  10. Talika Lash serum
  11. Birchbox earbuds
  12. Amika products
  13. John Varvatos cologne -_____-
  14. Yu-be cream (the scent was overwhelming)
  15. thebalm Stainiac 
  16. Melvita Floral Water
  17. Arquiste Flor y Canto perfume (barf!)
  18. Befine (who remembers Befine-gate? I coined that term btw, lol)
  19. Revolution Beauty Balm
  20. Essie glitter nail polish (it was a PITA removing it)
  21. Kate Spade Twirl
  22. Larabars
  23. Juicy Couture perfume (the original)

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My loved, liked, and nope list (under the spoiler since it's lengthy)
haha, I still use the BB earbuds all the time. they're perfect to keep in my school bag.

What was Befine-gate? I think the month they sent that cleanser was my first box, but I wasn't on mut then.

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha, I still use the BB earbuds all the time. they're perfect to keep in my school bag.

What was Befine-gate? I think the month they sent that cleanser was my first box, but I wasn't on mut then.
The earbuds were meh to me. I prefer headphones with an insane amount of bass.  
headphonedance.gif

Befine-gate occured when befine sent birchbox subscribers expired products from a year or two ago.  Thankfully I never used it, but mut members said that it smelled really bad and the texture was icky.  Birchbox sent out a survey asking members for the expiration date of the products and gave us 100 points for the item.  It was a hot mess.

I've never sampled Harvey Prince fragrances in my box but was thinking of ordering the set with my 20%. How do people feel about them?

Latest posts

Back