Playedinloops

The confessional/oops I slipped up thread

Hmmm - I don't see it announced on the site.  Is that just for those at the top level of the rewards program or something?

Originally Posted by ladygrey View Post

I gave in to the Sephora chic week sale. I ordered the two Benefit world famous neutrals palettes that I didn't have, the tarte aqualillies palette, and a few little things from their clearance section. I saved $20, which pretty much covered all the things I selected from their sale. I ordered it all online, mainly because my husband didn't want to go to the mall this afternoon.

I was planning it out last night, trying to figure out how I could get there when they opened so I could get that stupid tote bag, determining that I would be able to only spend about 15 minutes in the mall before I had to go to class, when I realized I was being ridiculous about getting a tote bag I would likely never use along with samples that would just sit in a drawer. :/

I'm trying not to give in, but I'll be honest that I bought all 3 of the world famous neutral palettes and they are pretty nice. I haven't opened one because I keep saying I'll take it back but its been more than 90 days so I guess I can get started using it lol. 

Originally Posted by mellee View Post

Hmmm - I don't see it announced on the site.  Is that just for those at the top level of the rewards program or something?

It's for Beauty Insiders and VIBs. You have to enter the code "chic" in the offer box. I don't think they really advertised it to non-VIBs.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

I'm trying not to give in, but I'll be honest that I bought all 3 of the world famous neutral palettes and they are pretty nice. I haven't opened one because I keep saying I'll take it back but its been more than 90 days so I guess I can get started using it lol. 

I've been using my nudes one ever since my husband bought it for me, and I love it, so I'm looking forward to getting the other two. I have some UD palettes sitting in my cart, and I'm so tempted to go back. Siiiigh. 

I've been using my nudes one ever since my husband bought it for me, and I love it, so I'm looking forward to getting the other two. I have some UD palettes sitting in my cart, and I'm so tempted to go back. Siiiigh. 

Right? I'm trying to avoid teh sale so hard, but I have a $150 cart set up....I keep telling myself I have to buy all new furniture so I can't afford it, but then I remind myself I'm also moving into the bigger bedroom at my apartment and getting a vanity so I have more space. Urghhh. 

Right? I'm trying to avoid teh sale so hard, but I have a $150 cart set up....I keep telling myself I have to buy all new furniture so I can't afford it, but then I remind myself I'm also moving into the bigger bedroom at my apartment and getting a vanity so I have more space. Urghhh. 

I just got an email that my paycheck was deposited into my account. Rawrrrgghhhh. So tempting! I think I might sit on it for another day or so, just to really think about it, you know? I love/hate that we can use the coupon code multiple times. It may be my downfall, lol. I'm trying to resist, but I'm not sure if I can actually hold out too much longer. 

I just got an email that my paycheck was deposited into my account. Rawrrrgghhhh. So tempting! I think I might sit on it for another day or so, just to really think about it, you know? I love/hate that we can use the coupon code multiple times. It may be my downfall, lol. I'm trying to resist, but I'm not sure if I can actually hold out too much longer. 

Arghhh, I caved on that one. I got the lorac pro palette ( I don't even know why, I never like anything lorac...hopefully I'll convince myself to return it) and NARS and god created the woman, which has been on my must have list for months. I cannot wait to get that...MUST return the lorac palette though. I felt instant guilt almost and wanted to cancel my order.

Arghhh, I caved on that one. I got the lorac pro palette ( I don't even know why, I never like anything lorac...hopefully I'll convince myself to return it) and NARS and god created the woman, which has been on my must have list for months. I cannot wait to get that...MUST return the lorac palette though. I felt instant guilt almost and wanted to cancel my order.

I don't know why, but I've never been too impressed with lorac. I mean, they have a lot of stuff that looks pretty, but whenever I try it out it's always meh. I have some of their stuff I bought on Hautelook a long time ago, and it's ok,but nothing spectacular. 

That NARS palette looks gorgeous, and I too have been lusting after it for months. I've heard nothing but good things about it, but I think the price puts me off a bit. 

I don't know why, but I've never been too impressed with lorac. I mean, they have a lot of stuff that looks pretty, but whenever I try it out it's always meh. I have some of their stuff I bought on Hautelook a long time ago, and it's ok,but nothing spectacular. 

That NARS palette looks gorgeous, and I too have been lusting after it for months. I've heard nothing but good things about it, but I think the price puts me off a bit. 

I feel the same way, I have a pile of lorac and toofaced stuff purchased from hautelook that I just never ever touch. I've given most of it away or tossed it at this point...why did I buy that palette? lol, I think I will take that back. The NARS palette though...I would die before I return it, even at that price. I'm such a sucker for nars.

I feel the same way, I have a pile of lorac and toofaced stuff purchased from hautelook that I just never ever touch. I've given most of it away or tossed it at this point...why did I buy that palette? lol, I think I will take that back. The NARS palette though...I would die before I return it, even at that price. I'm such a sucker for nars.

CRAP!!! I just brought the Lorac Pro. I hope I don't have to return it because I don't live near a Sephora. Their mail return process is crap.

I also brought the NARS. It was calling my name. I've never tried Lorac or NARS.

Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

CRAP!!! I just brought the Lorac Pro. I hope I don't have to return it because I don't live near a Sephora. Their mail return process is crap.

I also brought the NARS. It was calling my name. I've never tried Lorac or NARS.

I know a lot of people love the lorac pro palette, I'm just afraid because of my bad experiences with lorac. I'm hoping this one will be different! NARS though, you will love. I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't and its a gorgeous palette.

I know a lot of people love the lorac pro palette, I'm just afraid because of my bad experiences with lorac. I'm hoping this one will be different! NARS though, you will love. I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't and its a gorgeous palette.

I'm nervous about the Lorac palette but hopefully I'll like it. I went back and forth about getting it for months. I can't wait to get the NARS palette.

Dang, every time I turn around there's a sale! I'm trying really hard to resist the 40% off Stila sale but those Countless Color Pigments are gorgeous! 

Stupid Bobbi Brown and her stupid friends and family sale!

Gah. 

It's all really pretty neutral stuff, so I know I'll use it, but still! I don't need it. Ugh. I need someone to scold me, lol. 

Stupid Bobbi Brown and her stupid friends and family sale!

Gah. 

It's all really pretty neutral stuff, so I know I'll use it, but still! I don't need it. Ugh. I need someone to scold me, lol. 

BAD BAD BAD

but what'd you get? lol

Oh and if someone could make the Stila sale go away, I'd feel better. Seriously thinking of buying 3 in the... palettes, and I already have 1 but I do NOT need them. WANNT though.

Oh and if someone could make the Stila sale go away, I'd feel better. Seriously thinking of buying 3 in the... palettes, and I already have 1 but I do NOT need them. WANNT though.

I know!!! I don't have any of those palettes and want In the Light. But I just brought 2 palettes from the Sephora sale and probably don't need another neutral palette.

I know!!! I don't have any of those palettes and want In the Light. But I just brought 2 palettes from the Sephora sale and probably don't need another neutral palette.

Yeah, I have in the know which I got when ummmmm I can't remember the site, but some site went out of business. And now I want the rest even though I rarely use it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? 

BAD BAD BAD

but what'd you get? lol

Foundation, concealer, eyeshadows in wheat and bone, and the shimmer brick in pink quartz. I'm so bad! But I'm still excited about it all. I spent a lot of moneyz, but it was time for some new foundation since I'm almost out. 

Foundation, concealer, eyeshadows in wheat and bone, and the shimmer brick in pink quartz. I'm so bad! But I'm still excited about it all. I spent a lot of moneyz, but it was time for some new foundation since I'm almost out. 

Well I"m headed to sephora after work today and will probably hit lush too, so I see another stop by this thread in my future lol. Foundation is an approved thing for me to buy because I don't really hoard it like I do eyeshadow and lipgloss. Enjoy your purchases!

Well I"m headed to sephora after work today and will probably hit lush too, so I see another stop by this thread in my future lol. Foundation is an approved thing for me to buy because I don't really hoard it like I do eyeshadow and lipgloss. Enjoy your purchases!

Good luck! Sephora and Lush...there's no way I could walk away without having purchased anything. I just love those stores too much.

I'm the same with Foundation! I have one foundation and two tinted moisturizers right now, so I don't feel bad about purchasing it. Now, I just can't start collecting and hoarding it like crazy...

Good luck! Sephora and Lush...there's no way I could walk away without having purchased anything. I just love those stores too much.

I just looked up/discovered Lush. Looks pretty cool. Is it like Bath & Body Works?

I just looked up/discovered Lush. Looks pretty cool. Is it like Bath & Body Works?

Kinda. They have a lot of fantastic and yummy bath and body products, but the products are typically more expensive, but they have some really unique scents. There aren't nearly as many stores as BBW either. I absolutely adore flying fox and karma. Oh, Lush. I love it. 

Kinda. They have a lot of fantastic and yummy bath and body products, but the products are typically more expensive, but they have some really unique scents. There aren't nearly as many stores as BBW either. I absolutely adore flying fox and karma. Oh, Lush. I love it. 
Sounds like something I would like. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out the next time I'm in Chicago.