The confessional/oops I slipped up thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey, your purchases seem necessary to me, except the cute moccasins, but hopefully they add some cheer to your days!

Hehe, this made me giggle.

Hey, a 23 hour shift? Wow, congratulations on getting through it! You rock. Are you a nurse or a doctor or something?
I am a respiratory therapy. I work in hospitals and with hospice patients.

@eastofthesun

I'm sorry for your bad news. I hope that simplifying your life will help you get through these bad times and help you reach your goals of less makeup.

Oh I forgot to mention on here that I bought 4 new Mac lip products. Those huggable lip colors are evil! Now I am in the process of blocking all the tempting sites from my computer. Now, just avoiding the stores. I almost bought eyeshadow at Claires when I went to get a purse!

Quote: Originally Posted by jaylilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@eastofthesun Oh sweetie :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> *hugs* Hang in there. 

Quote: Originally Posted by 19ten20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @eastofthesun

I'm sorry for your bad news. I hope that simplifying your life will help you get through these bad times and help you reach your goals of less makeup.

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my gosh, honey!  I am so sorry!  I really hope everything works out for you (even if right now it's not clear what the end result will be).  Lots of hugs, and we're all here for you!

Hey ladies, thanks for the support! It's really nice to read. You are all my friends in discipline, heheh!

I still don't know what's going to happen exactly yet... it's kind of all  up in the air and just awful. Anyway, I'm strong and I can get through this.

Thanks!

Hey ladies, thanks for the support! It's really nice to read. You are all my friends in discipline, heheh!

I still don't know what's going to happen exactly yet... it's kind of all  up in the air and just awful. Anyway, I'm strong and I can get through this.

Thanks!

Yes you are. Keep your chin up. We'll be here for you! 

Thanks!

You are very brave, I wish you all the strength in the world. Lot's of love
hug.gif

I slipped up a little, I bought a nailpolish when I was shopping with my mum in germany, it was cheap and I won't get anymore, but I am very happy with the shade I got so I don't really feel I slipped up. But I also orderd a eyeshadow quad and some bb cream samples. I really shouldn't have ordered the quad, because I have plenty of eyeshadow. It has been a sucky week and I didn't care anymore about my resolutions, so I ordered it anyway.

Even though I slipped up, I refuse to feel guilty. As long as I don't fall back into a shopping addiction I think I should be able to buy something nice for myself.

I bought something today. My last purchase was in October. I had used all my BB points on Chuao chocolate bars for Valentine's Day. Today I got a 25% code for being with BB for 16 months.

I bought:

Revealed Palette $34

Chauo Firecracker Bar $6.00

Mystery Pack (Free with $35 purchase)

So with discount and free shipping I spent a total of $30. Getting back on the wagon.

Hey girls, I have definitely gone off track with my no buy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was so good through December and January, but I just NEEDED to shop at the beginning of February. I went through a breakup and after having to return all of his V-day gifts that I didn't have to give him, I just felt like buying STUFF. (With the money I got from the returns, haha) I work at a drugstore so I always see lucky girls who just buy random makeup and other products and I definitely envied that. I'm keeping a list of what I bought, so at least I can keep myself in check when I'm out, but February was the first month I've slipped up so far, so I might make March a total no buy and April as well, and then buy a couple things for myself in my birthday month of may. 

I'll try my best to resist!  

Quote: Originally Posted by sydneychantelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey girls, I have definitely gone off track with my no buy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was so good through December and January, but I just NEEDED to shop at the beginning of February. I went through a breakup and after having to return all of his V-day gifts that I didn't have to give him, I just felt like buying STUFF. (With the money I got from the returns, haha) I work at a drugstore so I always see lucky girls who just buy random makeup and other products and I definitely envied that. I'm keeping a list of what I bought, so at least I can keep myself in check when I'm out, but February was the first month I've slipped up so far, so I might make March a total no buy and April as well, and then buy a couple things for myself in my birthday month of may. 

Personally, I like the idea of buying yourself something with the money from his returned V-day gifts! 

I know I'm guilty of doing this myself, but don't let yourself fall down that hole! You don't know what the lives of these girls are the moment they are not in your store. Those purchases could be meaningless to their lives, be blissful moment or be the source of conflict and doubt, etc. 

And it's okay to treat yourself every so often. You deserve whatever you spend that money on way more than he did those presents. =D

I know I'm guilty of doing this myself, but don't let yourself fall down that hole! You don't know what the lives of these girls are the moment they are not in your store.
Definitely.

I went through a breakup and after having to return all of his V-day gifts that I didn't have to give him, I just felt like buying STUFF.

Hey there, I totally feel for you, as I'm going through a divorce right now. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. Yeah, I've been buying myself stuff too, in a way to fill the sadness, but I think it's not really working.

I slipped up this month, which was supposed to be a no-buy. Oh well. I'll try harder next time.

Back