The confessional/oops I slipped up thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was kinda bad. I bought another eos lip balm (because I tear through balm like crazy) and the Benefit brow zings. I got my brows done at the brow bar, and I just liked they way they looked filled in so much that I had to have it. I really want to buy Bioshock Infinite, but I really can't afford it if I keep on buying more and more makeup. Time to behave!

At the end of last month i bought the naked 2 pallette with my ulta coupon and points. Last weekend i caved and bought the sigma synthetic brush set. And i cant even find a reason why i need it. It was all just wants. :-/ I threw away the sephora coupon and am trying really hard to not google it. Lol!

I ordered the MAC archie's girls pearlmatte face powders. I found them available on a website, and I had been wishing that I picked them up a long time ago when the collection came out, so that isn't a purchase that I regret. I can't wait for them to get here! There definitely was a lot more that I had in my cart, and I emptied the rest of it out, telling myself it would be around later when I actually needed it. I guess that's a step forward, right?

I wasn't doing a strict no-buy for this month, so I'm planning on spending a bit at Sephora for chic week. I'm justifying it as a graduation present to myself since I haven't bought anything from Sephora since January. It shouldn't be too bad with the sale, ebates and using a gift card.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UGH I failed already. I bought stuff from thebalm's 50% of sale ($37) AND the minute I saw the new point perks from sephora I made a $27 purchase...i couldn't resist the givency and stila...
I ended up canceling my thebalm purchase and I'm not tempted at all by the sephora sale :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got an email that one of the powders I ordered was actually out of stock, and their website hadn't been updated yet. So, it's a little better! And I'm totally not tempted by the sephora sale either. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up canceling my thebalm purchase and I'm not tempted at all by the sephora sale :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's awesome!

At least you didn't have to do the "shoppers walk of shame" to the returns counter. I am a seasoned Shoppers-WOS veteran now.
icon_rolleyes.gif
hahaha.gif

I gave in to the Sephora chic week sale. I ordered the two Benefit world famous neutrals palettes that I didn't have, the tarte aqualillies palette, and a few little things from their clearance section. I saved $20, which pretty much covered all the things I selected from their sale. I ordered it all online, mainly because my husband didn't want to go to the mall this afternoon.

I was planning it out last night, trying to figure out how I could get there when they opened so I could get that stupid tote bag, determining that I would be able to only spend about 15 minutes in the mall before I had to go to class, when I realized I was being ridiculous about getting a tote bag I would likely never use along with samples that would just sit in a drawer. :/

Hmmm - I don't see it announced on the site.  Is that just for those at the top level of the rewards program or something?

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I gave in to the Sephora chic week sale. I ordered the two Benefit world famous neutrals palettes that I didn't have, the tarte aqualillies palette, and a few little things from their clearance section. I saved $20, which pretty much covered all the things I selected from their sale. I ordered it all online, mainly because my husband didn't want to go to the mall this afternoon.

I was planning it out last night, trying to figure out how I could get there when they opened so I could get that stupid tote bag, determining that I would be able to only spend about 15 minutes in the mall before I had to go to class, when I realized I was being ridiculous about getting a tote bag I would likely never use along with samples that would just sit in a drawer. :/
I'm trying not to give in, but I'll be honest that I bought all 3 of the world famous neutral palettes and they are pretty nice. I haven't opened one because I keep saying I'll take it back but its been more than 90 days so I guess I can get started using it lol. 

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm - I don't see it announced on the site.  Is that just for those at the top level of the rewards program or something?
It's for Beauty Insiders and VIBs. You have to enter the code "chic" in the offer box. I don't think they really advertised it to non-VIBs.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm trying not to give in, but I'll be honest that I bought all 3 of the world famous neutral palettes and they are pretty nice. I haven't opened one because I keep saying I'll take it back but its been more than 90 days so I guess I can get started using it lol. 
I've been using my nudes one ever since my husband bought it for me, and I love it, so I'm looking forward to getting the other two. I have some UD palettes sitting in my cart, and I'm so tempted to go back. Siiiigh. 

I've been using my nudes one ever since my husband bought it for me, and I love it, so I'm looking forward to getting the other two. I have some UD palettes sitting in my cart, and I'm so tempted to go back. Siiiigh. 
Right? I'm trying to avoid teh sale so hard, but I have a $150 cart set up....I keep telling myself I have to buy all new furniture so I can't afford it, but then I remind myself I'm also moving into the bigger bedroom at my apartment and getting a vanity so I have more space. Urghhh. 

Right? I'm trying to avoid teh sale so hard, but I have a $150 cart set up....I keep telling myself I have to buy all new furniture so I can't afford it, but then I remind myself I'm also moving into the bigger bedroom at my apartment and getting a vanity so I have more space. Urghhh. 
I just got an email that my paycheck was deposited into my account. Rawrrrgghhhh. So tempting! I think I might sit on it for another day or so, just to really think about it, you know? I love/hate that we can use the coupon code multiple times. It may be my downfall, lol. I'm trying to resist, but I'm not sure if I can actually hold out too much longer. 

I just got an email that my paycheck was deposited into my account. Rawrrrgghhhh. So tempting! I think I might sit on it for another day or so, just to really think about it, you know? I love/hate that we can use the coupon code multiple times. It may be my downfall, lol. I'm trying to resist, but I'm not sure if I can actually hold out too much longer. 
Arghhh, I caved on that one. I got the lorac pro palette ( I don't even know why, I never like anything lorac...hopefully I'll convince myself to return it) and NARS and god created the woman, which has been on my must have list for months. I cannot wait to get that...MUST return the lorac palette though. I felt instant guilt almost and wanted to cancel my order.

Arghhh, I caved on that one. I got the lorac pro palette ( I don't even know why, I never like anything lorac...hopefully I'll convince myself to return it) and NARS and god created the woman, which has been on my must have list for months. I cannot wait to get that...MUST return the lorac palette though. I felt instant guilt almost and wanted to cancel my order.
I don't know why, but I've never been too impressed with lorac. I mean, they have a lot of stuff that looks pretty, but whenever I try it out it's always meh. I have some of their stuff I bought on Hautelook a long time ago, and it's ok,but nothing spectacular. 

That NARS palette looks gorgeous, and I too have been lusting after it for months. I've heard nothing but good things about it, but I think the price puts me off a bit. 

I don't know why, but I've never been too impressed with lorac. I mean, they have a lot of stuff that looks pretty, but whenever I try it out it's always meh. I have some of their stuff I bought on Hautelook a long time ago, and it's ok,but nothing spectacular. 

That NARS palette looks gorgeous, and I too have been lusting after it for months. I've heard nothing but good things about it, but I think the price puts me off a bit. 
I feel the same way, I have a pile of lorac and toofaced stuff purchased from hautelook that I just never ever touch. I've given most of it away or tossed it at this point...why did I buy that palette? lol, I think I will take that back. The NARS palette though...I would die before I return it, even at that price. I'm such a sucker for nars.

I feel the same way, I have a pile of lorac and toofaced stuff purchased from hautelook that I just never ever touch. I've given most of it away or tossed it at this point...why did I buy that palette? lol, I think I will take that back. The NARS palette though...I would die before I return it, even at that price. I'm such a sucker for nars.
CRAP!!! I just brought the Lorac Pro. I hope I don't have to return it because I don't live near a Sephora. Their mail return process is crap.

I also brought the NARS. It was calling my name. I've never tried Lorac or NARS.

Back