The confessional/oops I slipped up thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice! I've never tried a mascara over $8 but it looks like a nice mascara.
Wow! Ever since I switched to the more expensive ones, I can't go back, lol. Its terrible for my bank account!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! Ever since I switched to the more expensive ones, I can't go back, lol. Its terrible for my bank account!
Do high-end mascaras last longer after they're opened than drugstore ones?

Despite my "low-buy" i''ve purchased:
MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation

ELF Brushes x 2

ELF Blushes x 2

ELF Brow Kit

2 OPI Euro Centrale colors

Physician's Formula Green Correcting Powder

Although I do have to say, I'm being much more "intelligent" about my purchases. This is all stuff I've already started using, surprisingly (even the polishes!) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> SO at least its not sitting around doing nothing for months.

My low buy has been good. I made one order at Sephora. But I've brought four subscription boxes in the last month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

PopSugar - cancelled after the first box

GrazeBox - the first box is free though

NatureBox - got the first month 1/2 off

Birchbox 

And *sigh* I kinda want Julep. Their new collection is gorgeous.

I might return my Lorac Pro palette. I loved it at first but after using it for a few days I've realized that some of the mattes suck, in my opinion, compared to Urban Decay mattes because they're powdery. Also, there are only 6 colors that I'm really in love with so I feel like I wasted money. Overall, I'm not impressed with it and I know I'm in the minority because most people love it. I boxed it back up but I hate shipping to Sephora. My only other option is to wait until I'm home for Memorial Day and return the palette then. Either way I'll probably get my money or store credit around the same time. At least I'm in love with my NARS palette.

Aww, man. I've been so good about using up lipsticks and glosses & sticking to a low-buy, but I've really slipped up these past couple of days.

First I ordered the Stila All is Bright lip glaze set (eight 0.05 oz pencils marked down from $25 to $14) and as if that wasn't enough, today I bought the new Dior Jelly Lip Pen in #656 Gaia. I don't feel too bad about the Dior pen as I'd been planning to get it but the Stila set was a complete impulse buy. Oh well, I guess the lip glazes are small enough to actually get used up. Still, I feel slightly guilty. 

Oh well, better suck it up and get back on the bandwagon. 
rolleyes.gif

Aaah man. So for some reason I got obsessed with getting Ready to Glow and Crush Glow palettes from Dior Summer 2010. This meant I bought from ebay and lucked out on finding Crush Glow at a MUA-er blog sale. And went in to swatch Bite Beauty Violet pigment pencil and ended up buying it. I was really hoping it clashed with my skintone! And then Color Club's Halo Hues 2013 from enospring. Ick. Though I did return an Hourglass Ambient Light that made me muddy looking and used that credit and the 15% off to get A $60 Murad, for my mom, for $6. I know I still technically paid the $45 but now I dont have to worry bout her june bday lol (its sitting nicely in the fridge). @mauu you got All is Bright on sale, so maybe technically you waited since last winter? Lol I probably shouldn't help rationalize.

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might return my Lorac Pro palette. I loved it at first but after using it for a few days I've realized that some of the mattes suck, in my opinion, compared to Urban Decay mattes because they're powdery. Also, there are only 6 colors that I'm really in love with so I feel like I wasted money. Overall, I'm not impressed with it and I know I'm in the minority because most people love it. I boxed it back up but I hate shipping to Sephora. My only other option is to wait until I'm home for Memorial Day and return the palette then. Either way I'll probably get my money or store credit around the same time. At least I'm in love with my NARS palette.
I don't like mine either. I don't know why I bought it since I never like LORAC. I got rid of the box though. :

Originally Posted by PickyPlease9114 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And went in to swatch Bite Beauty Violet pigment pencil and ended up buying it. I was really hoping it clashed with my skintone!
hahaha that's so funny!  I do the same thing!  I know I shouldn't be buying more stuff, but I can't help myself from swatching anyways.....sort of hoping I don't like the product cause otherwise it's a fight with myself not to buy it!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't like mine either. I don't know why I bought it since I never like LORAC. I got rid of the box though. :
It's a shame because I love the colors and looks that I can do but I still feel like the quality is lacking a bit. Plus I've been irritated by it - I don't know if I'm allergic to something. I've been trying really hard to like it but I'm going back and forth about whether it's worth keeping. I think I'm going to return and buy the Kat Von D matte palette when I get my refund.

I kind of want to return my Pro Palette too, not because I don't like it (I love the mattes and had very few before it) but because I kinda feel guilty about buying it even with the VIB discount when I already have three eye palettes.. I feel bad about returning used things though

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of want to return my Pro Palette too, not because I don't like it (I love the mattes and had very few before it) but because I kinda feel guilty about buying it even with the VIB discount when I already have three eye palettes.. I feel bad about returning used things though
I know! I feel horrible about returning used stuff but I've made up my mind that I'm returning my Pro palette Friday. Hopefully it will end up a tester or recycled in a good way. I rarely return stuff but if I keep it, it might not get much use.

oh god I wish I only had three eye palettes lol. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> How do you keep it down to three?? hahaha 

I always feel guilty too and that is why I probably won't take mine back. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh god I wish I only had three eye palettes lol. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> How do you keep it down to three?? hahaha 

I always feel guilty too and that is why I probably won't take mine back. 
haha I am obsessed with eye palettes but I keep it down because I feel bad when I'm not consistently using them! I never wear anything but neutrals so it seems a waste to have anything else!

haha I am obsessed with eye palettes but I keep it down because I feel bad when I'm not consistently using them! I never wear anything but neutrals so it seems a waste to have anything else!
What eye palettes do you have?

What eye palettes do you have?
I have the Naked 2, Lorac Pro Palette, UD Show Pony, and UD Smoked. I also had the UD Glinda palette for a few weeks but ended up returning it.

I was in a low buy but now I'm in a no buy... I ended up spending $10 dollars more than I originally planned. I bought an Illamasqua Blush that was on sale and I bought the new riri woo lipstick from mac. 

Reading what i wrote makes me feel even worse lol

I have the Naked 2, Lorac Pro Palette, UD Show Pony, and UD Smoked. I also had the UD Glinda palette for a few weeks but ended up returning it.
I also have Naked 2 and Smoked. I still have my Glinda palette but my Lorac Pro is (depending on the weather) going back to Sephora tomorrow.

Back