Sign in to follow this  
r4chel77

Julep June 2013

I'm happy with the spoiler for next month especially since i wasnt so thrilled this month. i have enough jules for a free box and i think i'll be cashing them in... pretty sure i'll be canceling after this month- i dont think the quality of julep is on par with the price point and i havent been overjoyed the colors for a long time.

I've had 2 coats of Etta w/ freedom top coat on my nails since Saturday- it's Friday and I'm still chip free- the ends are starting to wear but that's completely expected. I'm really impressed with juleps formula lately- so much better than the first box that I received about a year ago. I really love their polishes but I'd like to see some more color variety like BL & Deborah Lippmann.

Originally Posted by ling168 View Post

Traditional BB Creams (which is where everything originally came from... I think... pure speculation on my part) are more foundation like in coverage. I don't really know what this is going for.... I guess it would be more like a TM in the sense that it is just going to even skin tone and look natural. I think they should invest more money into producing a nail polish that is consistent in performance. I have not been a Maven too terribly long and have enough Julep polish to know they're no all winners. 

This...totally this! Julep is my least favorite nail polish right now. I'm not sure why I don't cancel...I do love the colors; it just doesn't wear well on me.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

This...totally this! Julep is my least favorite nail polish right now. I'm not sure why I don't cancel...I do love the colors; it just doesn't wear well on me.

For me it's the cute bottle - I seriously love it. But... I still have a ton I haven't worn yet and I really need to start skipping if it's not entirely original or different from what's in my collection (that I need to catalog in a bad way, oops!) I'm planning on either dropping or skipping on most of my subs for the summer.

And if Julep's leaning towards the sour apple scent formulation... that's even more incentive for me to skip. I really don't like the sour appleish smell, which is funny since "normal" nail polish scent doesn't bother me. Maybe because it's very similar to model paints. (Seche's top coat smells exactly like a bottle of Testor's model paint. Random nerd fact for the day.)

Aw man I am really not into the polish colors this month. Those last five colors look exactly like colors they've released the past few months and the first four feel more fall-ish to me. I'd only be interested in the pinks, and I already have Avery (which is absolutely gorgeous) and enough pale pinks to last me a lifetime. I'd like to try their DD cream, but I just bought a full size tube of the Supergoop CC cream from Birchbox and I'm in love with it.

The colors look "blah" this month and BB cream and some other face products break me out so I'm not interested in the DD cream. This will be a skip month.

I'm actually excited about the beauty items this month and will probably be upgrading...I am crossing my fingers for only cremes and possibly glitter polishes this month!!!  Any like colors I will put into my pile for my beauty boxes I give at Christmas for the ladies in my family.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

It's definitely their marketing, at least for me. The packaging, the clues as to what we might get each month and reading the posts on here always draws me further into the likelihood of purchasing that month or at least one polish lol. I ended up purchasing Billie Jean for the color, and that was easy to apply, but I can't stand when they're goopy x_x

• Like 1

Originally Posted by r4Che77 View Post

the DD cream isn't a foundation so I'm a little less concerned about a company inexperienced with makeup having a go at what is essentially a tinted moisturizer. 

i agree with wanting more Mani Pei products; they have yet to produce a holy-grail worthy nail strengthening product.

I was under the impression it was some sort of foundation. It seemed to give full coverage judging by their video. In the description it says "buildable coverage" also being that it is paired with a concealer led me to believe that it was not a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. The big brush you paint it on with does not appeal to me at all. I thought the whole "DD" was them trying to be cute. ha ha! Again, I would have really liked to sample this first in Maven boxes. I sort of feel ripped off of my Maven window.

I sort of rolled my eyes at all of this because of the lack of the holy-grail nail product.

I am so glad we have the option of skipping boxes!

Originally Posted by wifeandmom View Post

I'm actually excited about the beauty items this month and will probably be upgrading...I am crossing my fingers for only cremes and possibly glitter polishes this month!!!  Any like colors I will put into my pile for my beauty boxes I give at Christmas for the ladies in my family.

I am still fairly new with Julep, how much is it to upgrade?

i really think the formula has been excellent the past few months and with the jazz age/may collection set, new polishes released (i.e. tina, billie jean, denver, cody) all of them have been similar and great in quality. i understand the scent thing is personal preference but i find the current odor less offensive than previous ones. i would never buy polish for packaging or branding so i guess i don't understand hating the formula and continuing to subscribe. hopefully the formula will continue to impress? or the DD cream will be a hit?

There's a polish called Denver? I don't care what it looks like I want it, hahaha! I've also been dying to get my hands on a bottle of Lauren but not just because that's my name. :P

I guess I'm weird, because I've been super excited for the DD Cream and can't wait to get to finally try it out!

The polish colors look alright to me, but I already have so many of their polishes that at this point I would rather get the skincare ones, or just a couple colors.

I still have my whole wardrobe set from last month untouched and I'm considering selling the polishes because I really don't need them!

I'm interested in the concealer,I haven't found a perfect one. I wonder if it's formulated for under eyes or redness from acne scars (me) :(

Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

I guess I'm weird, because I've been super excited for the DD Cream and can't wait to get to finally try it out!

The polish colors look alright to me, but I already have so many of their polishes that at this point I would rather get the skincare ones, or just a couple colors.

I still have my whole wardrobe set from last month untouched and I'm considering selling the polishes because I really don't need them!

I don't think you're weird.. I am sure there are plenty of others excited about the DD cream.

I REALLY like Billie Jean! It dries to a matte/rubber-like finish, but shines with a top coat. The color is AH-mazing! I am really happy to have gotten it! I know Essie came out with one similar to Billie Jean... I can't remember the name of it though.

ETA: I wanted to add a photo of my quick mani from last week of Billie Jean and Zelda

Originally Posted by ling168 View Post

I don't think you're weird.. I am sure there are plenty of others excited about the DD cream.

I REALLY like Billie Jean! It dries to a matte/rubber-like finish, but shines with a top coat. The color is AH-mazing! I am really happy to have gotten it! I know Essie came out with one similar to Billie Jean... I can't remember the name of it though.

ETA: I wanted to add a photo of my quick mani from last week of Billie Jean and Zelda

GORGEOUS!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

Tomorrow! Yaaaaaay! yey.gif

Since this is my first month of getting an actual box and not the starter box. What time exactly does it go live for us to see? I'm super excited and impatient :P

~Cassie~

Originally Posted by southeastmidwes View Post

Since this is my first month of getting an actual box and not the starter box. What time exactly does it go live for us to see? I'm super excited and impatient :P

~Cassie~

I've heard different things...I've heard midnight (which would be tonight) PST (Seattle's time zone since that's where they're located), but I've also heard not till some time in the morning....can someone back me up here? lol

Usually the selections open early the day of.. I think I had access around 5 or 6 am last month? Sometimes working nights has its benefits lol.

I don't think I'm allowed to link to her blog... but if you Google Julep Dianna, you'll see one of the colors in this month's selection. Apparently it's named after the lovely lady who runs 'The Budget Babe' site. Kind of cool! And I'm pretty much in love with the color! smile.gif

ETA photo:

• Like 1