Julep June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed the backdrop, looks like a beach theme.  I can see some of those colors for that. 

Yeah.. those colors don't interest me at all. It really does seem like a theme-less hodge podge.. I'd go for the DD Cream and Brush though.

I want to try the DD cream. Wonder if it comes with the brush . If not, I hope they offer it at a discount.

I'm wondering how they are going to account for the tone ranges in the DD cream -- they prepack the boxes so I wonder how /if they'll let us choose the proper color match. (also I hope they swatch the DD cream (because that's the only way I'll feel safe ordering light *right now on the website it's just a non helpful square of color

the sizes on the DD cream are 1 ounce. the concealer is 0.11 ounce (the website image looks like it's in a tube) so even though the images in the preview are to scale it's going to be a skip for me when it comes to the products.

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah.. those colors don't interest me at all. It really does seem like a theme-less hodge podge.. I'd go for the DD Cream and Brush though.
iagree.gif

Not feeling any of the colors either (I do like them, I just have dupes or very similar to most all of them). I am curious about the DD cream but I've got so many primers, BB creams, etc. to go through right now so I'll just wait on the reviews and purchase later if it sounds like something I must try :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i like the navy, light pink and the sort of smoky darker-than-seafoam green (second from the left) but i'm new still to julep and my polish collection is relatively small compared to most (i'm guessing). i would be interested in the DD cream; the woman in the video using it seems similar in complexion to me but i bet the light will be way too dark for most.

i agree that one ounce is really small but if i can get the product, brush and two polishes for twenty, it seems fair. i definitely doubt we will get two polishes, concealer, DD cream AND a brush in the maven boxes so who knows what combo(s) there will be.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

iagree.gif

Yep. If there is a theme in there I can't see it. Some of them work for the beach thing but... unless the theme is "Random" then this makes no sense LOL

I'm not at all interested in the DD cream. The seafoam green on the left looks interesting and maybe the light pink on the right but if they aren't in the same box then I'll be skipping this month. And whoever said it, you're right about the yellow, I've been noticing that too!

Man, I am super disappointed with the polish choices this month! I feel like I have possible dupes for most of those shades. The only ones I am remotely interested in are the dusty orange and sea foam green on the left, and maybe the light blue. I was hoping for another awesome theme like we got in May. Even a mermaid or beach theme collection that had pretty blues and greens and seashell colors that were cremes, glitters, and opalescent shimmers would have been cool. But not these colors.

Im kinda meh about the colors but curious about the DD cream and the brush.

Yeah, I could definitely get on board with a mermaid theme! Am I the only one who is disappointed with the fact that they seem to be turning into a make-up brand? I wish they would stick with hand themed products. I'm sure they can only come up with so many of those but I signed up for polish and they seem to be losing that focus a little. Not trying to be harsh, just my 2 cents on how I've been feeling about it lately.

I got an email from Julep this AM requesting I be sure my complexion shade was correct in my current profile.  It looks like they will be matching for the correct DD color.

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I could definitely get on board with a mermaid theme! Am I the only one who is disappointed with the fact that they seem to be turning into a make-up brand? I wish they would stick with hand themed products. I'm sure they can only come up with so many of those but I signed up for polish and they seem to be losing that focus a little. Not trying to be harsh, just my 2 cents on how I've been feeling about it lately.
they have said explicitly that they plan to generate a whole line of cosmetics but i'm sure the it girl boxes will always be there. also, they seem to be releasing one product a month so it's not like polish has faded from being the main product. i understand your point though; i'm interested in picking up any bb/cc/dd (kinda ridiculous seeming lol) cream but for everything else on the market, i already have brands i like and i tend to only buy certain beauty products from them. it would be cool if they kept their corner on the hand/foot market and really made their products the absolute best.

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not at all interested in the DD cream. The seafoam green on the left looks interesting and maybe the light pink on the right but if they aren't in the same box then I'll be skipping this month. And whoever said it, you're right about the yellow, I've been noticing that too!
i really, totally do not comprehend that this makes the THIRD set of neon green and yellow in two months, from the april brights collection to the may mystery colors and now this.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OoooooOo!!! Is that a brush too? I'm liking the colors but some of them look like pretty close dupes to colors we just got recently, hopefully they are different.
I was going to say the same thing- those colors looks like dupes of every other dupe! :)  

Back