Julep June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we are getting both the concealer and the DD creme and we select the shades we want when the window opens up, so that's nice.  Now the colors just have to be worth it or I may end up skipping.  That or I may go with the Modern Beauty set.

Julep Hey ladies! There are a couple ways to ensure that you'll receive the right shade. Log into your profile during the window and you will be able to choose any shade of concealer and DD crème combination. Fill out your beauty bio and you will receive the color you indicate in your profile unless you log in to change during the window. If you don't fill out your beauty bio or log in during the window your box will come with DD crème in our medium shade.
Like · Reply · 6 · 42 minutes ago

I'm probably going to skip. I'll just save my money so that I can go to a REAL beach.

DD Creme MEH! I wish that Juelp would just stick to what they are good at which is hands and feet.

I only liked 1 of the lipsticks in the May box. So I really think they need to stay away from makeup. I hate when companies start taking on other projects and lose focus.

The tubes seem small. I wonder what they retail for? I am super picky about what goes on my face. I don't like foundations that go on with a brush or liquid foundation at all period. (besides Origins BB creme which is more of a tinted moisturizer).  I think I will stay away unless the "it girl" box has colors I am interested in.

I personally like that Julep is expanding their product range beyond nai polishl/hand care.  For the most part, I've liked what has come out so far.  The Boho Glam lengthening mascara has become a favorite and the Lady in Red lipstick was exceptional.  I've only been  subscribing for about 6 months - what did they send with the 2 polishes prior to the expanded range items?  I'd much prefer getting a lipstick or mascara as opposed to toe separators or pedi cream, but that's just me.

Considering that Julep recently got $10 million in funding to expand into other products, expect to see more rather than less.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally like that Julep is expanding their product range beyond nai polishl/hand care.  For the most part, I've liked what has come out so far.  The Boho Glam lengthening mascara has become a favorite and the Lady in Red lipstick was exceptional.  I've only been  subscribing for about 6 months - what did they send with the 2 polishes prior to the expanded range items?  I'd much prefer getting a lipstick or mascara as opposed to toe separators or pedi cream, but that's just me.

Considering that Julep recently got $10 million in funding to expand into other products, expect to see more rather than less.
I just joined and it was because of the May box and the beauty items. I  also like having beauty included and hope it continues to expand.

The regular price of the DD cream is going to be $36.  Maven pricing is $28.80.  So, if we get a full sized one, that's a good deal!

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lady in Red was really good I loved it. It is actually my new favorite red. It goes on really smooth.

I think they should let us pick what we want in a box. Or at least have that option opposed to their collection selections.

There are just so many makeup subscriptions that I think they should just stick to doing what they do well. I just don't want it to compromise the quality of the polish and their mani pedi products that I really love.

I am fine with lips and mascara. I think they are getting ahead of themselves with the foundation. I would have liked to see some other body products or maybe eye shadows first. They only have 4 shades which bothers me. I would prefer them to send out samples in boxes for us to try first before sending out full size in a monthly box.

That is just my opinion. I may be wrong and it could be really amazing. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by moxie19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lady in Red was really good I loved it. It is actually my new favorite red. It goes on really smooth.

I think they should let us pick what we want in a box. Or at least have that option opposed to their collection selections.

There are just so many makeup subscriptions that I think they should just stick to doing what they do well. I just don't want it to compromise the quality of the polish and their mani pedi products that I really love.

I am fine with lips and mascara. I think they are getting ahead of themselves with the foundation. I would have liked to see some other body products or maybe eye shadows first. They only have 4 shades which bothers me. I would prefer them to send out samples in boxes for us to try first before sending out full size in a monthly box.

That is just my opinion. I may be wrong and it could be really amazing. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I'm not holding my breath that the DD cream will be great or anything, although one can hope
smile.gif

I'm interested in the DD cream & concealer. I'm still looking for my holy grail!!

the DD cream isn't a foundation so i'm a little less concerned about a company unexperienced with makeup having a go at what is essentially a tinted moisturizer. 

i agree with wanting more mani pedi products; they have yet to produce a holy-grail worthy nail strengthening product.

I'll probably skip this month if the IT girl box doesn't have colors I love. I think they should stick with more mani pedi type items.. if they want to add the DD cream, add it as the additional item, like they did with the strawberry lip balm in March. Although I guess from a business standpoint this is probably a good way to break into more beauty products.. I just don't want make up from them lol On another note, I finally opened Chelsea, which I had gotten in a mystery box, and it was completely dried out! I've been reading their polishes don't really stand the test of time, which is really disappointing. I guess I should probably invest in some polish thinner?

Spoiler picture has me intruiged some of those colors are very summer pretty and something i dont have ... The dd cream not so much, theyre usually too dark or orange (said as someone who replaced her mufe with a korean bb cream the american ones dont come close)

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the DD cream isn't a foundation so i'm a little less concerned about a company unexperienced with makeup having a go at what is essentially a tinted moisturizer. 

i agree with wanting more mani pedi products; they have yet to produce a holy-grail worthy nail strengthening product.

Traditional BB Creams (which is where everything originally came from... I think... pure speculation on my part) are more foundation like in coverage. I don't really know what this is going for.... I guess it would be more like a TM in the sense that it is just going to even skin tone and look natural. I think they should invest more money into producing a nail polish that is consistent in performance. I have not been a Maven too terribly long and have enough Julep polish to know they're no all winners. 

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Traditional BB Creams (which is where everything originally came from... I think... pure speculation on my part) are more foundation like in coverage. I don't really know what this is going for.... I guess it would be more like a TM in the sense that it is just going to even skin tone and look natural. I think they should invest more money into producing a nail polish that is consistent in performance. I have not been a Maven too terribly long and have enough Julep polish to know they're no all winners. 
i've had real BB creams from asia and to me they're just like super good tinted moisturizers; definitely like the TMs i've purchased from sephora but way better in coverage/moisturizing qualities than drug store level TMs. 

i agree with the formula issue; i really liked the formula from april but i know a lot of people didn't. the colors i have from the may collection as well as the may flowers set are all very similar in quality; they're chip-resistant and perfect in one or two coats.

I'm happy with the spoiler for next month especially since i wasnt so thrilled this month. i have enough jules for a free box and i think i'll be cashing them in... pretty sure i'll be canceling after this month- i dont think the quality of julep is on par with the price point and i havent been overjoyed the colors for a long time.

I've had 2 coats of Etta w/ freedom top coat on my nails since Saturday- it's Friday and I'm still chip free- the ends are starting to wear but that's completely expected. I'm really impressed with juleps formula lately- so much better than the first box that I received about a year ago. I really love their polishes but I'd like to see some more color variety like BL & Deborah Lippmann.

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This...totally this! Julep is my least favorite nail polish right now. I'm not sure why I don't cancel...I do love the colors; it just doesn't wear well on me.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This...totally this! Julep is my least favorite nail polish right now. I'm not sure why I don't cancel...I do love the colors; it just doesn't wear well on me.
For me it's the cute bottle - I seriously love it. But... I still have a ton I haven't worn yet and I really need to start skipping if it's not entirely original or different from what's in my collection (that I need to catalog in a bad way, oops!) I'm planning on either dropping or skipping on most of my subs for the summer.

And if Julep's leaning towards the sour apple scent formulation... that's even more incentive for me to skip. I really don't like the sour appleish smell, which is funny since "normal" nail polish scent doesn't bother me. Maybe because it's very similar to model paints. (Seche's top coat smells exactly like a bottle of Testor's model paint. Random nerd fact for the day.)

Aw man I am really not into the polish colors this month. Those last five colors look exactly like colors they've released the past few months and the first four feel more fall-ish to me. I'd only be interested in the pinks, and I already have Avery (which is absolutely gorgeous) and enough pale pinks to last me a lifetime. I'd like to try their DD cream, but I just bought a full size tube of the Supergoop CC cream from Birchbox and I'm in love with it.

Back