Julep June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The colors look "blah" this month and BB cream and some other face products break me out so I'm not interested in the DD cream. This will be a skip month.

I'm actually excited about the beauty items this month and will probably be upgrading...I am crossing my fingers for only cremes and possibly glitter polishes this month!!!  Any like colors I will put into my pile for my beauty boxes I give at Christmas for the ladies in my family.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This...totally this! Julep is my least favorite nail polish right now. I'm not sure why I don't cancel...I do love the colors; it just doesn't wear well on me.

It's definitely their marketing, at least for me. The packaging, the clues as to what we might get each month and reading the posts on here always draws me further into the likelihood of purchasing that month or at least one polish lol. I ended up purchasing Billie Jean for the color, and that was easy to apply, but I can't stand when they're goopy x_x

Originally Posted by r4Che77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the DD cream isn't a foundation so I'm a little less concerned about a company inexperienced with makeup having a go at what is essentially a tinted moisturizer. 

i agree with wanting more Mani Pei products; they have yet to produce a holy-grail worthy nail strengthening product.
I was under the impression it was some sort of foundation. It seemed to give full coverage judging by their video. In the description it says "buildable coverage" also being that it is paired with a concealer led me to believe that it was not a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. The big brush you paint it on with does not appeal to me at all. I thought the whole "DD" was them trying to be cute. ha ha! Again, I would have really liked to sample this first in Maven boxes. I sort of feel ripped off of my Maven window.

I sort of rolled my eyes at all of this because of the lack of the holy-grail nail product.

I am so glad we have the option of skipping boxes!

Originally Posted by wifeandmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm actually excited about the beauty items this month and will probably be upgrading...I am crossing my fingers for only cremes and possibly glitter polishes this month!!!  Any like colors I will put into my pile for my beauty boxes I give at Christmas for the ladies in my family.
I am still fairly new with Julep, how much is it to upgrade?

i really think the formula has been excellent the past few months and with the jazz age/may collection set, new polishes released (i.e. tina, billie jean, denver, cody) all of them have been similar and great in quality. i understand the scent thing is personal preference but i find the current odor less offensive than previous ones. i would never buy polish for packaging or branding so i guess i don't understand hating the formula and continuing to subscribe. hopefully the formula will continue to impress? or the DD cream will be a hit?

There's a polish called Denver? I don't care what it looks like I want it, hahaha! I've also been dying to get my hands on a bottle of Lauren but not just because that's my name. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I guess I'm weird, because I've been super excited for the DD Cream and can't wait to get to finally try it out!

The polish colors look alright to me, but I already have so many of their polishes that at this point I would rather get the skincare ones, or just a couple colors.

I still have my whole wardrobe set from last month untouched and I'm considering selling the polishes because I really don't need them!

I'm interested in the concealer,I haven't found a perfect one. I wonder if it's formulated for under eyes or redness from acne scars (me) :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess I'm weird, because I've been super excited for the DD Cream and can't wait to get to finally try it out!

The polish colors look alright to me, but I already have so many of their polishes that at this point I would rather get the skincare ones, or just a couple colors.

I still have my whole wardrobe set from last month untouched and I'm considering selling the polishes because I really don't need them!

I don't think you're weird.. I am sure there are plenty of others excited about the DD cream.

I REALLY like Billie Jean! It dries to a matte/rubber-like finish, but shines with a top coat. The color is AH-mazing! I am really happy to have gotten it! I know Essie came out with one similar to Billie Jean... I can't remember the name of it though.

ETA: I wanted to add a photo of my quick mani from last week of Billie Jean and Zelda

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think you're weird.. I am sure there are plenty of others excited about the DD cream.

I REALLY like Billie Jean! It dries to a matte/rubber-like finish, but shines with a top coat. The color is AH-mazing! I am really happy to have gotten it! I know Essie came out with one similar to Billie Jean... I can't remember the name of it though.

ETA: I wanted to add a photo of my quick mani from last week of Billie Jean and Zelda

GORGEOUS!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GORGEOUS!
thank you 
4.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tomorrow! Yaaaaaay!
yey.gif
Since this is my first month of getting an actual box and not the starter box. What time exactly does it go live for us to see? I'm super excited and impatient :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

~Cassie~

Originally Posted by southeastmidwes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since this is my first month of getting an actual box and not the starter box. What time exactly does it go live for us to see? I'm super excited and impatient :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

~Cassie~
I've heard different things...I've heard midnight (which would be tonight) PST (Seattle's time zone since that's where they're located), but I've also heard not till some time in the morning....can someone back me up here? lol

Usually the selections open early the day of.. I think I had access around 5 or 6 am last month? Sometimes working nights has its benefits lol.

I don't think I'm allowed to link to her blog... but if you Google Julep Dianna, you'll see one of the colors in this month's selection. Apparently it's named after the lovely lady who runs 'The Budget Babe' site. Kind of cool! And I'm pretty much in love with the color! 
smile.gif

ETA photo:

Back