Sign in to follow this  
r4chel77

Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Originally Posted by Alicia Loves View Post

Yikes! You should email them about that. They'll probably send you a new one and hopefully work on any flaws in their design. Those skinny bottles are always getting knocked over by me because of their weight distribution and I always worry I'll end up cracking one.

I just sent an email to customer service, Alicia. We'll see what they do. I only asked to have Drew replaced since it was part of a set.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

even still, i'd rather see that ten to one hundred mavens win a small luxurious prize than one person get something huge. even if the golden box wasn't the upgrade but was a small pair of diamond studs or a gift card for ice cream, it would be much better imo.

This is the first I have heard of the Golden Maven boxes. I like that idea! So much better than seeing just one person win a lot.

I got my Summer Nights Mystery Box, Version 1 yesterday. I had ordered the Coco offer and they shipped together. Coco is oxblood, which is supposed to be a hot color this fall according to May Allure magazine. In my mystery box, in addition to Kyla and Monica, the two glitters, I got Lucy, a deep burgundy creme, and Ellie, a pale frosty pink. Both gorgeous. I thought Lucy and Coco were very similar, but Lucy is so dark it is nearly black. And I got my first lip gloss, Zinnia. I thought it would be as dark as the bottle, but was not and was really gorgeous and TASTED good. I had moisturizer-tasting lipstick/gloss! Meanwhile, only 5 days until the new window opens! GO, JULEP!

technically three days since it seems we get to see the collection on the 19th

... yay!

also, on the names- i find it super super easy to remember the julep ones over other brands'. i have 53 julep polishes and you can pull any one of them out and i'll know the name lol

Originally Posted by angismith View Post

I got my Summer Nights Mystery Box, Version 1 yesterday. I had ordered the Coco offer and they shipped together. Coco is oxblood, which is supposed to be a hot color this fall according to May Allure magazine. In my mystery box, in addition to Kyla and Monica, the two glitters, I got Lucy, a deep burgundy creme, and Ellie, a pale frosty pink. Both gorgeous. I thought Lucy and Coco were very similar, but Lucy is so dark it is nearly black. And I got my first lip gloss, Zinnia. I thought it would be as dark as the bottle, but was not and was really gorgeous and TASTED good. I had moisturizer-tasting lipstick/gloss! Meanwhile, only 5 days until the new window opens! GO, JULEP!

I thought oxblood was last year?

I don't know about oxblood last year. Just started renewing my interest in beauty products after many years of doing NOTHING because I thought ONLY my child's needs mattered. Now he is grown, and I am trying to find a new direction. I just subscribed to Allure, Ipsy, Birchbox, and Julep. Julep is far and away my favorite of the subscription programs. I have problems with my eyes which is in the process of getting corrected, so my reading is slow and the May issue of Allure was my first in a long, long time. They sent (I am wrong, it is the June issue) June and July on the same day. I am just now getting toward the end of the June issue and it has a feature article about how hot oxblood lips and nails on the Fall 2013 runways were. This was read a week after Julep ran the special on Coco for $7 for one day only, which I, of course, being the obsessive-compulsive person that I am, rapidly grabbed as soon as I received the email! I don't know when it debuted for Julep.

I don't know about oxblood last year. Just started renewing my interest in beauty products after many years of doing NOTHING because I thought ONLY my child's needs mattered. Now he is grown, and I am trying to find a new direction. I just subscribed to Allure, Ipsy, Birchbox, and Julep. Julep is far and away my favorite of the subscription programs. I have problems with my eyes which is in the process of getting corrected, so my reading is slow and the May issue of Allure was my first in a long, long time. They sent (I am wrong, it is the June issue) June and July on the same day. I am just now getting toward the end of the June issue and it has a feature article about how hot oxblood lips and nails on the Fall 2013 runways were. This was read a week after Julep ran the special on Coco for $7 for one day only, which I, of course, being the obsessive-compulsive person that I am, rapidly grabbed as soon as I received the email! I don't know when it debuted for Julep.
Coco was in that fabulous May 2013 collection! It was my first maven box.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 View Post

technically three days since it seems we get to see the collection on the 19th

... yay!

also, on the names- i find it super super easy to remember the julep ones over other brands'. i have 53 julep polishes and you can pull any one of them out and i'll know the name lol

I am exactly like you. I know all the names of all the colours of polishes I have and I think I've crossed the 100 polish mark. I even know the month they came out in and what year. I'm a little obsessed like that. But women's names are a lot easier to remember then sayings or corky play on word names like other polish brands.

& to add to that I like that they are women's names because I have a hope inside of me that they will release polishes with the names of the women in my life so I can give them a polish with their name on their birthday or any other occasion. Plus I am praying they release a polish with my name..

19th or 20th?
They have been posting the collection on the 19th lately, so we get to look things over before the selection window opens. There is guarantee they will do this every month, though.

Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

Last years colour was Tangerine Tango

I meant that I thought it was like the "in" color last fall.  I know the Pantone Color of the Year in 2012 was Tangerine Tango.

They have been posting the collection on the 19th lately, so we get to look things over before the selection window opens. There is guarantee they will do this every month, though.
thanks

I meant that I thought it was like the "in" color last fall.  I know the Pantone Color of the Year in 2012 was Tangerine Tango.

ohhh hmmm, I'm not to sure about that! I guess its making a comeback if it was!

Originally Posted by Jac13 View Post

How do you get a mobile code? And would you mind sharing it?

Text Julep to 33733 & you should receive a 50% off coupon code.

http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.ca/2012/09/what-is-oxblood-cant-we-call-it-maroon.html

You were right! & I found this blog post which is exactly what I was thinking. "What the heck is oxblood?" lol!

The Allure article was in May 2013 and was referring to nails and lips that were worn on the Fall 2013 Runway shows. Maybe the nails and lips are behind fashion? 

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Last month I did see the window open in the wee hours overnight on the 19th. I'll probably be sleepless again in anticipation and checking every couple of hours to see if it's open!

Originally Posted by angismith View Post

Last month I did see the window open in the wee hours overnight on the 19th. I'll probably be sleepless again in anticipation and checking every couple of hours to see if it's open!

you don't have to wait for the window to open; usually i don't see that open til 7am eastern time.

they typically have the web page for the collection open the night before.

Quote:

http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.ca/2012/09/what-is-oxblood-cant-we-call-it-maroon.html

You were right! & I found this blog post which is exactly what I was thinking. "What the heck is oxblood?" lol!

Oooh, I agree with the author - "Antique Ruby" sounds so much nicer.  I'm surprised they didn't change the name to "THAT IS MAHOGANY!" after The Hunger Games came out last year.

I got Caroline in the warehouse sale and it is called a dark burgundy, but it could be an oxblood. Very pretty. Haven't worn it yet, waiting for fall.

Oooh, I agree with the author - "Antique Ruby" sounds so much nicer.  I'm surprised they didn't change the name to "THAT IS MAHOGANY!" after The Hunger Games came out last year.
Oxblood is an apt name for the specific color it describes. All of the other reds listed refer to a different shade on the red-brown spectrum for me.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

Updates- sooo excited for August selections!!

A lot of the beauty sites have been talking about nudes for summer. Does Julep have a good nude creme?