Sign in to follow this  
Missglammygirl

Birchbox August 2013

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica View Post

Me with the Stila!

I hate wand-type applicators. I think there was waaaay too much on when I first applied -- like I think I accidentally gave myself "circle lips". I think I'll have to try KawaiiMeow's technique. On the overall I don't think it's drying and it looks smooth on my lips. I think i was totally dry and set after 5 minutes of application. My main problem is that I feel like it fades around the edges so that's kinda awkward. I honestly can't imagine what this formula would look like in another color. Overall, I do like it. It's like a nicer version of Wet N Wild's liquid lipstick!

That is positively stunning on you! LOVE IT! patches.gif

Me with the Stila!

I hate wand-type applicators. I think there was waaaay too much on when I first applied -- like I think I accidentally gave myself "circle lips". I think I'll have to try KawaiiMeow's technique. On the overall I don't think it's drying and it looks smooth on my lips. I think i was totally dry and set after 5 minutes of application. My main problem is that I feel like it fades around the edges so that's kinda awkward. I honestly can't imagine what this formula would look like in another color. Overall, I do like it. It's like a nicer version of Wet N Wild's liquid lipstick!

Pretty! you pull off that red really well.

Thanks friends! wavey.gif

I wore it all day, it faded after meals of course but nothing too dramatic. it definitely did not smear! I do like liquid lipsticks and this by far is the best. I don't think I'm going to purchase a full size (I dont think I've ever used up any sort of lippie) and I don't think I'm going to purchase it in any other color -- it is nice though and I will recommend it to people!

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

1) very pretty!

2) HOLY S#!T that is red wow. I'm all for dramatic looks and I love rocking the reds but my eyes are definitely popping out of my head. I will definitely take KawaiiMeows up on her technique!

Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

You look gorgeous with the stila! Am I the only one obsessed with the liquid lipsticks? I bought two more and a box of nyx ones.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

That is positively stunning on you! LOVE IT! patches.gif

Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

Pretty! you pull off that red really well.

I just got my birchbox and the eyeko liner is full size!!!!  That's $16! I thought it would be travel size. I really like it. I might buy one in black.

I love my eyeko liners! If you're looking for black it might worth it to hunt the trade lists :)

I just got my birchbox and the eyeko liner is full size!!!!  That's $16! I thought it would be travel size. I really like it. I might buy one in black.

Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

Which color did you receive?  I received Navy Blue.  I've never tried any blue eye products before and I'm really liking the Navy.  

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

that's weird, it usually dries matte very quickly for me, never timed it but i guess i'd estimate <10 minutes. i try to avoid 1 & 3 by putting a small dollop on my lip, and then apply it with a q-tip or finger, because there is just too much on the end of it for me to use the brush to apply. usually i have to go around with another qtip though and clean up the edges of my lips. i have noticed that it made the lines on my lips look a lot more intense too.

I need to try this method. This color is a bit too BAM! for me though.

Me with the Stila!

I agree, this does look pretty on you!

I love my eyeko liners! If you're looking for black it might worth it to hunt the trade lists smile.gif

I'm so tempted to buy a black one. I already used the blue and I'm loving it!

Originally Posted by luckyme502 View Post

Which color did you receive?  I received Navy Blue.  I've never tried any blue eye products before and I'm really liking the Navy.  

I got the same color. It's pretty. I applied Urban Decay's liquid liner in Retrograde (glittery purple) over it and it looks amazing! It really makes the UD purple pop.

I think someone asked a few pages back whether the Mermaid Sea Salt Spray was any good and I can verify now after a lot of trial and... trial.

NO

It's really bad. It hasn't given me any waves or helped keep in waves I made with braids. It hasn't helped reduced fuzz.  It's done NOTHING. Well I guess it smells good.

Save your money. I thought it was possibly because my hair was too dense/heavy but lots of reviewers report the same thing.

Thanks for this!  I had been wanting to buy some (but it is/was sold out in the BB store) so now I know to steer clear!

Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I think someone asked a few pages back whether the Mermaid Sea Salt Spray was any good and I can verify now after a lot of trial and... trial.

NO

It's really bad. It hasn't given me any waves or helped keep in waves I made with braids. It hasn't helped reduced fuzz.  It's done NOTHING. Well I guess it smells good.

Save your money. I thought it was possibly because my hair was too dense/heavy but lots of reviewers report the same thing.