Birchbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I'm totally unimpressed with the Stila lip product too. It's very drying and don't put lip balm over it because it turns into a freaking mess.
I'm also much less impressed than I was initially. I do love the color, but as you said, it's drying, there are clumps, and putting a balm over it is a baaaaad idea. It doesn't take a SUPER long time to dry, for me, but you DO need to make sure it is totally dry or else it's a mess. I will try blotting it next time. There's just so much product that gets on that wand!

Me with the Stila! I hate wand-type applicators. I think there was waaaay too much on when I first applied -- like I think I accidentally gave myself "circle lips". I think I'll have to try KawaiiMeow's technique. On the overall I don't think it's drying and it looks smooth on my lips. I think i was totally dry and set after 5 minutes of application. My main problem is that I feel like it fades around the edges so that's kinda awkward. I honestly can't imagine what this formula would look like in another color. Overall, I do like it. It's like a nicer version of Wet N Wild's liquid lipstick!

I received my Birchbox today!  I was on vacation and just got home.  I love it, except the coastal scents eyeshadow broke and got all over everything else.  I e-mailed them.  I can't wait to try the eyeko eyeliner tomorrow.  I received Navy Blue.  I also got the party proof lippy in Dusk till Dawn, but I also got my UD order in with F-Bomb and Protest, so I don't know which to try first!

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me with the Stila!

I hate wand-type applicators. I think there was waaaay too much on when I first applied -- like I think I accidentally gave myself "circle lips". I think I'll have to try KawaiiMeow's technique. On the overall I don't think it's drying and it looks smooth on my lips. I think i was totally dry and set after 5 minutes of application. My main problem is that I feel like it fades around the edges so that's kinda awkward. I honestly can't imagine what this formula would look like in another color. Overall, I do like it. It's like a nicer version of Wet N Wild's liquid lipstick!
1) very pretty!

2) HOLY S#!T that is red wow. I'm all for dramatic looks and I love rocking the reds but my eyes are definitely popping out of my head. I will definitely take KawaiiMeows up on her technique!

Me with the Stila!

I hate wand-type applicators. I think there was waaaay too much on when I first applied -- like I think I accidentally gave myself "circle lips". I think I'll have to try KawaiiMeow's technique. On the overall I don't think it's drying and it looks smooth on my lips. I think i was totally dry and set after 5 minutes of application. My main problem is that I feel like it fades around the edges so that's kinda awkward. I honestly can't imagine what this formula would look like in another color. Overall, I do like it. It's like a nicer version of Wet N Wild's liquid lipstick!
That is positively stunning on you! LOVE IT!
patches.gif

Me with the Stila!

Pretty! you pull off that red really well.

Thanks friends! 
wavey.gif

I wore it all day, it faded after meals of course but nothing too dramatic. it definitely did not smear! I do like liquid lipsticks and this by far is the best. I don't think I'm going to purchase a full size (I dont think I've ever used up any sort of lippie) and I don't think I'm going to purchase it in any other color -- it is nice though and I will recommend it to people!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1) very pretty!

2) HOLY S#!T that is red wow. I'm all for dramatic looks and I love rocking the reds but my eyes are definitely popping out of my head. I will definitely take KawaiiMeows up on her technique!
Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You look gorgeous with the stila! Am I the only one obsessed with the liquid lipsticks? I bought two more and a box of nyx ones.
Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is positively stunning on you! LOVE IT!
patches.gif
Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty! you pull off that red really well.

I just got my birchbox and the eyeko liner is full size!!!!  That's $16! I thought it would be travel size. I really like it. I might buy one in black.

I love my eyeko liners! If you're looking for black it might worth it to hunt the trade lists :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my birchbox and the eyeko liner is full size!!!!  That's $16! I thought it would be travel size. I really like it. I might buy one in black.

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which color did you receive?  I received Navy Blue.  I've never tried any blue eye products before and I'm really liking the Navy.  

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that's weird, it usually dries matte very quickly for me, never timed it but i guess i'd estimate <10 minutes. i try to avoid 1 & 3 by putting a small dollop on my lip, and then apply it with a q-tip or finger, because there is just too much on the end of it for me to use the brush to apply. usually i have to go around with another qtip though and clean up the edges of my lips. i have noticed that it made the lines on my lips look a lot more intense too.
I need to try this method. This color is a bit too BAM! for me though.

Me with the Stila!

I agree, this does look pretty on you!

I love my eyeko liners! If you're looking for black it might worth it to hunt the trade lists
smile.gif
I'm so tempted to buy a black one. I already used the blue and I'm loving it!

Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which color did you receive?  I received Navy Blue.  I've never tried any blue eye products before and I'm really liking the Navy.  
I got the same color. It's pretty. I applied Urban Decay's liquid liner in Retrograde (glittery purple) over it and it looks amazing! It really makes the UD purple pop.

I think someone asked a few pages back whether the Mermaid Sea Salt Spray was any good and I can verify now after a lot of trial and... trial.

NO

It's really bad. It hasn't given me any waves or helped keep in waves I made with braids. It hasn't helped reduced fuzz.  It's done NOTHING. Well I guess it smells good.

Save your money. I thought it was possibly because my hair was too dense/heavy but lots of reviewers report the same thing.

Thanks for this!  I had been wanting to buy some (but it is/was sold out in the BB store) so now I know to steer clear!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think someone asked a few pages back whether the Mermaid Sea Salt Spray was any good and I can verify now after a lot of trial and... trial.

NO

It's really bad. It hasn't given me any waves or helped keep in waves I made with braids. It hasn't helped reduced fuzz.  It's done NOTHING. Well I guess it smells good.

Save your money. I thought it was possibly because my hair was too dense/heavy but lots of reviewers report the same thing.

Back