Birchbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha looks like I did sign up in time for an August box!  (I added a 2nd sub to get another Ruffian Polish for Sept, but they're sending me an Aug box too!)

It's pretty decent:

Foot wipes (Gah!!!)

Dr Jart BB Cream (awesome! Now I have two!)

Color Club Polish (Please, anything but Mod in Manhattan!)

Coola Mango (I will now have received Unscented, Cucumber, Rose, and Mango)

Uniq1 hair stuff (wondering how it stacks up against Beauty Protector)

Pretty decent box, considering I put my real age!  

I signed up for a second box (I don't know why). I'm getting:

amika Obliphica hair treatment

Eyeko Skinny Liner

Coola Mango

theBalm Instain blush (I got this last month in my main box)

uniqOne hair treatment

Well, it doesn't suck and I got two makeup items. I usually like the hair products that I get from BB.

I signed up for a second box (I don't know why). I'm getting: amika Obliphica hair treatment Eyeko Skinny Liner Coola Mango theBalm Instain blush (I got this last month in my main box) uniqOne hair treatment Well, it doesn't suck and I got two makeup items. I usually like the hair products that I get from BB.
I think this one is great!! I like the makeup prouducts

Originally Posted by outdoorbarbie92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eyeko Skinny Liner

Coola Mango

uniqOne hair treatment

Well, it doesn't suck and I got two makeup items. I usually like the hair products that I get from BB.
I think this one is great!! I like the makeup prouducts Agreed, this is an awesome box!  I'm in awe of your profile skillz!   
worship.gif

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed, this is an awesome box!  I'm in awe of your profile skillz!   
worship.gif
Originally Posted by outdoorbarbie92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think this one is great!! I like the makeup prouducts
Thanks! I actually tried to make a profile to get the 'It's a 10' but failed lol. It still turned out alright though.

I got the first box of my second sub, the profile is opposite of my main, and got dupes. Of everything, lol. Oh well, at least one JC out of the way. Everything else I'll use and I love the spray.

Juicy Couture La La
Bobby pins
Whish shave cream
Coola cucumber sunscreen
N.4 Super Comb Prep & Protect

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eyeko Skinny Liner

Coola Mango

uniqOne hair treatment

Is the "hair treatment" the oil?  If so, it's pretty awesome and the sample size is ginormous.  I love the deep conditioner too.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is the "hair treatment" the oil?  If so, it's pretty awesome and the sample size is ginormous.  I love the deep conditioner too.
I think so. I brought the deep conditioner and love it!

T

I got the first box of my second sub, the profile is opposite of my main, and got dupes. Of everything, lol. Oh well, at least one JC out of the way. Everything else I'll use and I love the spray. Juicy Couture La La Bobby pins Whish shave cream Coola cucumber sunscreen N.4 Super Comb Prep & Protect  
That's a typical welcome box. Was this on a gift sub? If so, don't worry too much, next month they should take ur profile into account. At least that's how mine was. In fact, I got the exact same welcome box as this on my first month of my second box (which was a gift sub)

Originally Posted by msbelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the first box of my second sub, the profile is opposite of my main, and got dupes. Of everything, lol. Oh well, at least one JC out of the way. Everything else I'll use and I love the spray.

Juicy Couture La La

Bobby pins

Whish shave cream

Coola cucumber sunscreen

N.4 Super Comb Prep & Protect

That was my first box on my 2nd sub too, I'm pretty sure it's the current welcome box. It was all dupes for me too but I didn't mind since I liked everything the first time and just ran out of my Whish & Coola last month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was also excited to get the bobby pins in grey since I got green the last time and they sold out of the 6 packs on the site before I could buy them. 

I signed up for a second sub with them, my box shipped yesteday and I'm getting:

Dr Jart+ Premium BB SPF 45

Avene Thermal Spring Water

Secret Agent Beauty Secret Lip Affair

Jasmine Seven Wipes 

and gum

it's an okay box but the gum confuses me. Not sure what I put in my profile that got me gum LOL.

Could Birchbox stop sending me e-mails reminding me I've got 3 items in my cart? I'm about to just undo the cart and wait until I'm actually ready to buy before I put them back.
I don't leave items in my cart for this very reason. It's so annoying!!!

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could Birchbox stop sending me e-mails reminding me I've got 3 items in my cart? I'm about to just undo the cart and wait until I'm actually ready to buy before I put them back.
iagree.gif

I think I hate the Stila Liquid Lip Stick. I posted several pages back that I had no problem with it staining or being hard to get off. I think I had lip gloss on under it when I tried it before. I also always remove lip stick with a make up wipe. I tried it again today hoping to get a picture of my lips wearing it. It was a total failure. 1. It's a horrible mess to apply, but I'm not the best at applying lip stick anyway, so I just cleaned the edges & corners with a bit of paper towel like I always do. 2. It takes 1/2 an hour to dry. 3. I didn't blot it, so it looked freaking bumpy like I put it on over a cold sore in a bunch of spots after it did dry. 4. The lines on my lips look 5 times deeper with this lip stick than with anything else I've ever worn. How does it do that? 5. Said removal with the make up wipe was messy and took more than a few swipes, but completely effective, so I guess that's 1 positive thing. I did have to work at it. I don't think it was that hard to get off before.

I think I hate the Stila Liquid Lip Stick. I posted several pages back that I had no problem with it staining or being hard to get off. I think I had lip gloss on under it when I tried it before. I also always remove lip stick with a make up wipe. I tried it again today hoping to get a picture of my lips wearing it. It was a total failure. 1. It's a horrible mess to apply, but I'm not the best at applying lip stick anyway, so I just cleaned the edges & corners with a bit of paper towel like I always do. 2. It takes 1/2 an hour to dry. 3. I didn't blot it, so it looked freaking bumpy like I put it on over a cold sore in a bunch of spots after it did dry. 4. The lines on my lips look 5 times deeper with this lip stick than with anything else I've ever worn. How does it do that? 5. Said removal with the make up wipe was messy and took more than a few swipes, but completely effective, so I guess that's 1 positive thing. I did have to work at it. I don't think it was that hard to get off before.
Yeah, I'm totally unimpressed with the Stila lip product too. It's very drying and don't put lip balm over it because it turns into a freaking mess.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I hate the Stila Liquid Lip Stick. I posted several pages back that I had no problem with it staining or being hard to get off. I think I had lip gloss on under it when I tried it before. I also always remove lip stick with a make up wipe. I tried it again today hoping to get a picture of my lips wearing it. It was a total failure.

1. It's a horrible mess to apply, but I'm not the best at applying lip stick anyway, so I just cleaned the edges & corners with a bit of paper towel like I always do.

2. It takes 1/2 an hour to dry.

3. I didn't blot it, so it looked freaking bumpy like I put it on over a cold sore in a bunch of spots after it did dry.

4. The lines on my lips look 5 times deeper with this lip stick than with anything else I've ever worn. How does it do that?

5. Said removal with the make up wipe was messy and took more than a few swipes, but completely effective, so I guess that's 1 positive thing. I did have to work at it. I don't think it was that hard to get off before.
that's weird, it usually dries matte very quickly for me, never timed it but i guess i'd estimate <10 minutes. i try to avoid 1 & 3 by putting a small dollop on my lip, and then apply it with a q-tip or finger, because there is just too much on the end of it for me to use the brush to apply. usually i have to go around with another qtip though and clean up the edges of my lips. i have noticed that it made the lines on my lips look a lot more intense too.

Back