Birchbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by loveforeva21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey all!  

Any suggestions on what to purchase full sized on Birchbox?  

I have a coupon code I want to use and was wondering what everyone's favorites were as of late.

Also, if anyone has the shade FIG from Juice Beauty in their lip gloss, I'd love to trade!

Thanks!
Well not knowing exactly what you are looking for, I will share some of my favorite purchases from BB.....the Balm- MaryLou Luminizer, the Balm- Put a Lid on it (eyelid primer), beauty protector spray, skin soy body whip in poppy fragrance(awesome body lotion it's $27 but the literally give u a huge tub of this amazingness!), Caudile divine oil (this stuff is great and it's only $9 for the small one so its perfect for getting over that $35 mark), eyeko skinny liner, Amika curly hair creme ( my HG hair product), Benefit Hoola bronzing powder, and Fresh lotus face cream. Wow. I went through all my purchases and these were just my favorites. Me thinks I need rehab! Happy shopping!!!

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well not knowing exactly what you are looking for, I will share some of my favorite purchases from BB.....the Balm- MaryLou Luminizer, the Balm- Put a Lid on it (eyelid primer), beauty protector spray, skin soy body whip in poppy fragrance(awesome body lotion it's $27 but the literally give u a huge tub of this amazingness!), Caudile divine oil (this stuff is great and it's only $9 for the small one so its perfect for getting over that $35 mark), eyeko skinny liner, Amika curly hair creme ( my HG hair product), Benefit Hoola bronzing powder, and Fresh lotus face cream. Wow. I went through all my purchases and these were just my favorites. Me thinks I need rehab! Happy shopping!!!
Adding to this...Depending on what you use/like: beauty blenders and Benefit's "They're Real" mascara, plus the microderma mitt, Orofluido, Juice Beauty green apple mask. These are all items I'd have a hard time purchasing with cash but a much easier time purchasing with points and greatly improve my make up routine. Birchbox also has nifty stuff in their home and food and lifestyle sections if you are experiencing beauty product overload like I sometimes do.

Here are my favorites:

• Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Shampoo
  • Lashem Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum
  • Amica Obliphica Nourishing Mask
  • Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (I love the purple one)
  • Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
  • Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser
  • Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
  • J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve
  • Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré (I have eczema and this is one of the only things that actually helps.  The other non-prescription cream I use is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream)
  • Blinc Mascara
  • and, of course, Clarisonic (even though I got mine from Sephora) - like Tasertag said, a lot of people save up for that

I love the Incoco nail strips, but you're better off getting them somewhere else.  The Birchbox store only has a few designs.

My box is waiting for me at my house! I won't get it until Saturday when I get back home, but it's there!

I'm on a hunt for foundation (been having a nightmare of a time finding something that matches), so I just ordered the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Oh My God Look at This Stuff Such Long Name Foundation (I may have added more words to that title). The point of this post is that I ordered a mystery pack with it, and I'm wondering if anyone cares to see a pic/know what I get when it comes in. I'm also wondering if there's a separate thread to post those.

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on a hunt for foundation (been having a nightmare of a time finding something that matches), so I just ordered the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Oh My God Look at This Stuff Such Long Name Foundation (I may have added more words to that title). The point of this post is that I ordered a mystery pack with it, and I'm wondering if anyone cares to see a pic/know what I get when it comes in. I'm also wondering if there's a separate thread to post those.
Yep, there's a thread here! https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136917/birchbox-pick-two-mystery-packs/270#post_2147823

Would love to know what you get..I just ordered one myself!

ALSO, let us know how you like the foundation! I've been thinking about trying that one 
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, there's a thread here! https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136917/birchbox-pick-two-mystery-packs/270#post_2147823

ALSO, let us know how you like the foundation! I've been thinking about trying that one 
smile.gif

i have that foundation (i bought it almost a year ago) and I like it.  It gives just the right amount of coverage. Not too thick or too sheer.

I hate the USPS. So I got one box yesterday and the other box was marked as undeliverable. I haven't changed my address in over a year and I was depending on the 2nd box for trades. I can't stand them! -____-
I love how they delivered an absolutely crushed glass bottle of peppermint oil in a paper envelope earlier this year, but they mark packages I recieve every single month as suddenly undeliverable, or leave the little slip so I have to go get it at the post office, when they have always put the box in my mailbox before. And it's the same exact box so why doesn't it fit this time? And there's no explanation for the one that's undeliverable when it shows up in perfect condition a week later.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are my favorites:

• Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Shampoo
  • Lashem Measurable Difference Lash Gel Serum
  • Amica Obliphica Nourishing Mask
  • Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (I love the purple one)
  • Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
  • Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser
  • Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
  • J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve
  • Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré (I have eczema and this is one of the only things that actually helps.  The other non-prescription cream I use is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream)
  • Blinc Mascara
  • and, of course, Clarisonic (even though I got mine from Sephora) - like Tasertag said, a lot of people save up for that

I love the Incoco nail strips, but you're better off getting them somewhere else.  The Birchbox store only has a few designs.
Thanks @audiophilekate!

These are all wonderful suggestions! 

I wanted to know how Embryolisse was since I've heard great things about it.

I finally got my hands on a 500ml of Bioderma and LOVE it.  

My little cousin brought one back from Hong Kong.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Happy Shopping!! 
wub.gif

My 4 year old DD just decided she needed some lipstick and helped herself to my Party Proof lippie and in the process smooshed it in the cap! So sad. Guess that meals I'll have to buy the whole trio now.

Yay! My box is out for delivery! 

A full week earlier than USPS was predicting too, so glad that estimate was off :-D

Finally got my box! This is my first month and I'm somewhat disappointed...I feel like I got the box that no one else wanted :/ none of the most coveted or high-value items. I got the foot wipes, a color club nail polish in "reign in spain," the dr. jart bb cream, uniqone hair treatment, and coola sunscreen. I'll use the items, but I'm not really excited about any of them. My bb cream came open in the box, too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, most of the unboxing videos I've seen included a "lifestyle extra" and I didn't get anything extra--was I supposed to? 

Finally got my box! This is my first month and I'm somewhat disappointed...I feel like I got the box that no one else wanted :/ none of the most coveted or high-value items. I got the foot wipes, a color club nail polish in "reign in spain," the dr. jart bb cream, uniqone hair treatment, and coola sunscreen. I'll use the items, but I'm not really excited about any of them. My bb cream came open in the box, too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, most of the unboxing videos I've seen included a "lifestyle extra" and I didn't get anything extra--was I supposed to? 
I would like to try the bb cream and the hair product. I guess if you wanted more makeup, it wasn't such a great box for you.

Some boxes don't come with a lifestyle extra. The extra can be food, tea, a pen etc. They usually count as one of your samples.

Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like to try the bb cream and the hair product. I guess if you wanted more makeup, it wasn't such a great box for you.
Yeah, it seemed to me like most of the boxes had either a lip product or an eyeliner, so I was disappointed that I didn't get to try any of those. Also the little packet of sunscreen was particularly disappointing. I have tons of sunscreen samples, and I don't find sunscreen to be an exciting product.

Originally Posted by jayeme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if  the BB is open, you should email them and get it to replace it or they'll give you extra points in the store. 5 items seems about right, but if your products list doesn't match your box items (either in the box or on the website), you should also email them. the lifestyle extra is just one of the (five) items people get -- sometimes a food or accessory item so they get out of giving you another beauty product.

unfortunately a lot of first month boxes get stuck with older items. since BB can't resend out items in the same account, they'll unload them sometimes into newer opened accounts. ): c'est la vie.

Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some boxes don't come with a lifestyle extra. The extra can be food, tea, a pen etc. They usually count as one of your samples.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if  the BB is open, you should email them and get it to replace it or they'll give you extra points in the store. 5 items seems about right, but if your products list doesn't match your box items (either in the box or on the website), you should also email them. the lifestyle extra is just one of the (five) items people get -- sometimes a food or accessory item so they get out of giving you another beauty product.

unfortunately a lot of first month boxes get stuck with older items. since BB can't resend out items in the same account, they'll unload them sometimes into newer opened accounts. ): c'est la vie.

Makes sense, thanks guys! I will email them about the bb cream.

i finally got around to picking up my box. i think its a lot more boring than i expected? Stila (Beso) is a nice touch - but i dont need any more reds so IDK when i'll use it! I also didn't expect the OC8 to be in ketchup packet sizes (though to be fair, this seems like enough for multiple uses). I'm pretty meh about Whish products.

Its not an awful box, its just not that exciting to me? To the trade list it goes!

Quote:Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just got the stila lippie in a trade today and i love it. i think that i like it more than my ud lipstick in 69. i'm about to order one from birchbox! this is the 'beso' color and i plan on getting the 'aria' color next. i'm a vampy lip kinda girl so i want to get one in a dark fall color.

Woohoo!! It looks great on you!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Glad you love it!

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif
Sweet, thanks! I'll definitely let you know.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have that foundation (i bought it almost a year ago) and I like it.  It gives just the right amount of coverage. Not too thick or too sheer.
Is it sad that at this point I'm just trying to find something to match my skin? My body is light-medium (erring more toward light) with very dominate yellow tones. My face, however, is darker, and there are several places that are multiple shades darker than the rest of my body and have pink undertones, like my stupid, stupid chin. Trying to get a person to match my foundation is an absolute joke. The Sephora IQ thing? Yeah, not even close. I'm glad to hear you say you liked it, though. Maybe it'll work for me, too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back