Birchbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received an order with a pick two pack. It was supposed to have a face cleanser and two twist bands but it came with cleanser and 1 twist band. Is it too picky of me to email customer service about it? I don't want to get on their frequent complainer list.

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sweet, thanks! I'll definitely let you know.

Is it sad that at this point I'm just trying to find something to match my skin? My body is light-medium (erring more toward light) with very dominate yellow tones. My face, however, is darker, and there are several places that are multiple shades darker than the rest of my body and have pink undertones, like my stupid, stupid chin. Trying to get a person to match my foundation is an absolute joke. The Sephora IQ thing? Yeah, not even close. I'm glad to hear you say you liked it, though. Maybe it'll work for me, too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lol you're not alone. Sometimes I swear it's our body's way of telling us to get some sun because I would probably look a lot better than this in between stage. I've had luck with products aimed at asian consumers and just off the top of my head Bobbi Brown, Stila, and MakeupForever veer more yellow 

Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woohoo!! It looks great on you!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Glad you love it!
thank you! 
wink.gif

Just got my anniversary gift. It only came with a card thanking me for being a subscriber. No discount code or anything. It's that same keychain that's been given out. I tried putting a MAC lipstick in there. Uh, yeah. Big mistake. I couldn't get it back out, and part of the lipstick packaging snapped off when I tried. I have no idea what I'll put in the keychain because I'm sure as hell not doing that again.

I hear it can hold a chapstick.  I have not yet tested the theory as I am not that interested in the key chain.  Sorry about your MAC lipstick :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I don't blame you for not wanting to try anything else in there!

Just got my anniversary gift. It only came with a card thanking me for being a subscriber. No discount code or anything. It's that same keychain that's been given out. I tried putting a MAC lipstick in there. Uh, yeah. Big mistake. I couldn't get it back out, and part of the lipstick packaging snapped off when I tried. I have no idea what I'll put in the keychain because I'm sure as hell not doing that again.

Originally Posted by shinyvictoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received an order with a pick two pack. It was supposed to have a face cleanser and two twist bands but it came with cleanser and 1 twist band. Is it too picky of me to email customer service about it? I don't want to get on their frequent complainer list.
exact same thing just happened to me with my box... and im bummed b/c it wasn't even in the lace-line as advertised.  just plain black.  womp womp wah. :[

but tomorrow:  i try my folle de joie perfume!  AND my new tea that i ordered from teavana.  woop woop!

exact same thing just happened to me with my box... and im bummed b/c it wasn't even in the lace-line as advertised.  just plain black.  womp womp wah. :[ but tomorrow:  i try my folle de joie perfume!  AND my new tea that i ordered from teavana.  woop woop!
The same thing happened to me too! The black one instead of two lace ones. I'm bummed. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think it has happened to several people.

Yeah I tried my viva glam and almost couldn't get it out. Scary times, lol. I put a Chapstick in there and it works.

the code comes separately in an email after you get the keychain.  It also fits the mini fresh sugar lip balm.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the code comes separately in an email after you get the keychain.  It also fits the mini fresh sugar lip balm.
do you know about how long after you get the keychain, do you get the email code?  my keychain came last week (I think)...but no code... just wondering because thinking about doing some shopping soon ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have heard that it might, although I didn't get an email code after the key chain I received in February for my main account. Still waiting to see if the email follows the secondary account key chain I received on Saturday. 

It seems to be a *could* or *could not* situation, definitely not a given. And I find it odd that they told someone here (queenofperil) that they did away with the key chains anniversary gift, but people are still receiving them. 
icon_scratch.gif

do you know about how long after you get the keychain, do you get the email code?  my keychain came last week (I think)...but no code... just wondering because thinking about doing some shopping soon ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It took about ten days. If they don't send one, fill up your cart and give them a call. Hopefully they will give you the discount over the phone.

Ugh, Folle de Joie. I found it in my perfume sample stash and made the mistake of trying it today. There's something in there that irritates my throat, so, yay, that triggered coughing fits. I've been fighting a cold for about a week now, and I've been coughing a lot, so this stuff just made matters worse. Now I sound like an eighty-year-old chain-smoking phone sex worker. It's very attractive. That's the last time I wear this stuff. On top of the coughing, I just don't get the appeal at all. It doesn't smell interesting to me.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I tried my viva glam and almost couldn't get it out. Scary times, lol. I put a Chapstick in there and it works.
Damn. Only lip balms in my purse are the Maybelline Baby Lips. Those are too big. Oh well. I'm sure I'll find something to stick in there at some point (that's what she said?).

Got my box! 

Whish body wash (smells awesome, about to go shower before bed and plan to give it a try!), Whish deodorant swipe, OC8 mattifying gel, KMS Free Shape spray (this stuff smells JUST like a perfume spray I had as a young girl and loved, I forget what the scent was or the brand it was by but when I smelled this stuff it was like instant trip back to 5th grade, lol) and then the Stila

I have to say, I was a bit scared of the Stila in Beso but I tried it tonight and I LOVE it. Absolutely perfect shade of red on me, I feel like I can't pull off most reds but this one looks fantastic. And as a bonus when it dries, it really stays. Even the most "smudgeproof" lipsticks still come off a bit so I don't wear them because I would get it all over my kids faces, haha. I'll have to gain a bit more confidence to rock it out in public but I'm looking forward to wearing a bold red lip this winter! 

So my August box should be shipping tomorrow I believe. My profile is updated to show my box contents. Has anyone gotten the amika Obliphica Blow-up Spray? My box contents show I'm supposed to get that, yet my box picture shows a packet of oil treatment. I would MUCH rather have the Blow-Up Spray, so I reeeeeally hope that's what they send me. The rest of my box is decent. I should be getting theBalm Instain, which might go up for trade since I have Swiss Dot, unless they sent out any of the other colors and I happen to get something other than that, in which case I would definitely keep it. I'm also getting the Ruby Wing Polish and the UniqONE hair treatment, both of which I'm totally excited to try. The only thing I don't want is Coola Mango sunscreen. I have two little tubes of Coola (cucumber and Rose tinted), and I can't stand either of them, so that will be going on the trade list too. I'm just ready to start getting my boxes again and start racking up those points! And I'm excited about the September boxes with the Ruffian polishes!

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooooh, I'm super excited to get mine now!  My 13th month should be in October on my main account and November on my 2nd account and I'm addicted to the Fresh lip balms.

Back