Sign in to follow this  
deactivateduser232015

August 2013 No Buy/Low Buy Support

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake View Post

This no-buy thing is really tough with the Bondi box spoilers startin to pop up. I am reading the Bondi thread like a good novel haha. I went on the Bondi website to look at all the pretty colors but closed it efore I could order.

I'm on the Bondi thread as well.  I actually ordered a 6 month Bondi Sub before my August no-buy.  My big big temptation was on the Julep thread when they had the golden mystery box and secret store sale.  I put everything in my basket and tried a couple of discount codes.  The codes had expired, so I justified not buying anything in my cart because I couldn't get the same deal that everyone else on the thread got.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

Ugh...why is this soooo hard! I almost placed an order at birchbox for a couple of the Discovery Dash items and a mystery pick two and just barely escaped with wallet intact, lol.

I remembered that I don't really need another nail polish (even if it does have diamond dust!) and I didn't like the last pick two I got so why subject myself to that again.

Sigh...

Me too, luckily fate intervened and it said the Pixi I had my cart was out of stock.  Stay strong! I wanted the polish too but the colors weren't really speaking to me and they arent really fall colors either so I think I'm better off with lame diamond dust free nails for now lol.

Me too, luckily fate intervened and it said the Pixi I had my cart was out of stock.  Stay strong! I wanted the polish too but the colors weren't really speaking to me and they arent really fall colors either so I think I'm better off with lame diamond dust free nails for now lol.
I have the blue Etoile polish. It is in fact lame diamond dust polish. You can barely see the sparkle. I spent points on it, and it's a pretty enough blue that I don't consider it a waste of points, but it would have been a waste of money. It's a big old "don't bother" from me.

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

I have the blue Etoile polish. It is in fact lame diamond dust polish. You can barely see the sparkle. I spent points on it, and it's a pretty enough blue that I don't consider it a waste of points, but it would have been a waste of money. It's a big old "don't bother" from me.

Good to know since that was the one I  had in my BB cart. Thanks!

Jumping in on this thread this month! Had a very large & unexpected bill come up that's due in September, so this month needs to be a very low buy. Allowing myself to subscribe for the Fall Fortune Cookie Soap Box, since the cut off is in August. Also picking up a few eyeliners from the UD sale & giving myself a few dollars for a Birchbox order if my points don't quite cover. So..like $50 for the month! Hard to resist HauteLook & Tarte's F&F sale, that's for sure!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud View Post

Good to know since that was the one I  had in my BB cart. Thanks!

Heh.  I figured this was an appropriate place for a talk-me-down!  

I have to put myself on a low buy for the next few months. School starts again soon and I just will not have the money to spend on extra makeup violin.gif(sad violin music). Hopefully I can just stick to the essentials!

I have over 20 polishes i've never even tried out yet. Mostly Julep. Yet I Bondi subbed as well. I'm going on a polish no buy the rest of this month...try out some colors I haven't used yet, sell whatever I'm not in love with, re-visit some other colors I do love. Gotta stop the madness!!

Originally Posted by CoachZenovia View Post

I have over 20 polishes i've never even tried out yet. Mostly Julep. Yet I Bondi subbed as well. I'm going on a polish no buy the rest of this month...try out some colors I haven't used yet, sell whatever I'm not in love with, re-visit some other colors I do love. Gotta stop the madness!!

I have seen your boxes on the Bondi thread -beautiful!! I gave away about 10 polishes I did not really use last month -3 of those I never even swatched. I really have to make a list of the polishes I love by company and colors and just stick with 3 companies and not buy others for a while. I always get sucked right back in by nail polish.

Quote:

I have seen your boxes on the Bondi thread -beautiful!! I gave away about 10 polishes I did not really use last month -3 of those I never even swatched. I really have to make a list of the polishes I love by company and colors and just stick with 3 companies and not buy others for a while. I always get sucked right back in by nail polish.

I liked the idea of a nail swatch stick that was posted on either the Bondi or Julep forum.  That way if you know you don't like the color, you can put it in the sell/giveaway/trade pile.  I already have one of those for my monthly sub boxes.

I agree that the nail polish boxes are so tempting and addictive.  Last night I opened one of the nail polishes that I thought I hated (Lexie from Julep) and tried it on my fingers - I'm instantly in love.  MUCH BETTER to shop within your own collection of unopened bottles than shop online. :-P

I liked the idea of a nail swatch stick that was posted on either the Bondi or Julep forum.  That way if you know you don't like the color, you can put it in the sell/giveaway/trade pile.  I already have one of those for my monthly sub boxes. I agree that the nail polish boxes are so tempting and addictive.  Last night I opened one of the nail polishes that I thought I hated (Lexie from Julep) and tried it on my fingers - I'm instantly in love.  MUCH BETTER to shop within your own collection of unopened bottles than shop online. :-P
I've never heard of nail swatch sticks until you mentioned it and i just googled for some images. What a great idea!!

Aww thanks! I'm really happy with them---what's sad is that now there's that $10 off code richard sent...and I want to get at least my one color I've loved from the first time I saw it...and then there's another color and I'm like..but what if they cancel it!?!?! this is truly ridiculous lolol. Ive gotten most of my make up monster under control. The nail beast? I'm not sure what to do!! I will however definitely be narrowing down the colors i just do not love and listing them for sale somewhere. hopefully that's a smooth undertaking :-)

Aww thanks! I'm really happy with them---what's sad is that now there's that $10 off code richard sent...and I want to get at least my one color I've loved from the first time I saw it...and then there's another color and I'm like..but what if they cancel it!?!?! this is truly ridiculous lolol. Ive gotten most of my make up monster under control. The nail beast? I'm not sure what to do!! I will however definitely be narrowing down the colors i just do not love and listing them for sale somewhere. hopefully that's a smooth undertaking :-)

I just read the e-mail with the 25% off code. Of course I wandered right over to the Bondi site.... and then I closed it. It will be really hard when they have a larger selection!

I just used the code to buy Tavern On The icon_redface.gif BUT, instead of buying the other colors I wanted, I managed a trade for Teal Magnolia and Botanical Beauty.  I have not seen any boxes with Tavern On The, so I justified buying it because I would not be able to trade for it.  *SIGH*

I just read the e-mail with the 25% off code. Of course I wandered right over to the Bondi site.... and then I closed it. It will be really hard when they have a larger selection!

Kudos to you!! I'm sure that was not easy!!

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

I just used the code to buy Tavern On The icon_redface.gif BUT, instead of buying the other colors I wanted, I managed a trade for Teal Magnolia and Botanical Beauty.  I have not seen any boxes with Tavern On The, so I justified buying it because I would not be able to trade for it.  *SIGH*

Yeah I swapped chasing the sun for city slickers...sold Central Park Blossom to someone who didn't have anything to swap, and gave my sister the limelight because I know she'd really appreciate it :-) This leaves the me problem of still really wanting horny mistress and nypd...i'll use the proceeds from my sale for one and the $10 code for the other...I'll feel less guilty, have all the colors I want from Bondi at this time, and shut down the polish purchases for a while :-) Will probably take a really hard look at some juleps that I'm not totally in love with and create a sale board...

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

I have found that trading is just as exciting as online shopping.  Plus the shipping is faster! :-)  I am sure I saved myself a ton of money with trading instead of online shopping this week.  Got an Urban Decay palette and a necklace!  I can't wait to get my Bondi box to see what I get, then trade for colors I want! sdrop.gif

Well, I cancelled my Birchbox yesterday! I will miss the excitement of opening a new one every month, but I've had it for well over a year now, and just haven't been in love with it lately. I also have a lot of samples I need to use up and go through. So, I figured it was best to cut back for a while and use up what I have for now, and save the leftover money to use for products I really want, vs foil and perfume samples that I could get for free at most makeup counters. (I'm sick of paying for foil samples!) As of right now, I plan to keep getting Glossybox only, and that will be it for a while. (I favor it for the size of the products included, and have really enjoyed the products and found quite a few favorites from that box, so for now I think it's still worth it!). (Back in the Spring, I cancelled Eco-Emi for the same reasons that I chose to cancel Birchbox, and I haven't regretted it yet.) Tomorrow I plan to cancel Jewelmint as well. Which, I didn't even realize I was "subscribed" to until I checked my bank statement this week! (I placed what I thought was an order from them a few times for individual pieces of jewelry I liked, and didn't realize that they had been charging me for a monthly plan ever since! So needless to say, out it goes ASAP!)

Sooooooo....with the GetOne/Two/Three etc code, the $10 off code, and the 25% off and the option to buy another bondi box, I am thinking of ways to get the best deal with the combination of these codes AND get all the colors I want before (4 more in total) I just cut myself off. smh. last night i used getone to get the 2 colors I wanted most badly. there is another that I had a sit-down with myself over and just told myself we could not have it because another color I have is similar, just has some sparkles where the other does not. The last color I will use the $10 off code at some point today and then I AM DONE with polish for a very long time. I'm going to create a sale board on pinterest for sure this wknd and list it on MUT and in a few facebook groups AND NOT USE THE MONEY FOR MORE POLISH lolol but to recoup some of my recent spending. I can do this right???

There's nothing else I want to swap for at this point so I should be pretty firm in my selling only....*fingers cross* and HAPPY FRIDAY!! 

Sooooooo....with the GetOne/Two/Three etc code, the $10 off code, and the 25% off and the option to buy another bondi box, I am thinking of ways to get the best deal with the combination of these codes AND get all the colors I want before (4 more in total) I just cut myself off. smh. last night i used getone to get the 2 colors I wanted most badly. there is another that I had a sit-down with myself over and just told myself we could not have it because another color I have is similar, just has some sparkles where the other does not. The last color I will use the $10 off code at some point today and then I AM DONE with polish for a very long time. I'm going to create a sale board on pinterest for sure this wknd and list it on MUT and in a few facebook groups AND NOT USE THE MONEY FOR MORE POLISH lolol but to recoup some of my recent spending. I can do this right??? There's nothing else I want to swap for at this point so I should be pretty firm in my selling only....*fingers cross* and HAPPY FRIDAY!! 
There's a buy one get one bondi code? Where did they post it? I like 4 more colors that I want (not that I need more polish). And happy Friday to you too! I can't believe how fast this week went!

Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

There's a buy one get one bondi code? Where did they post it? I like 4 more colors that I want (not that I need more polish). And happy Friday to you too! I can't believe how fast this week went!

I don't remember how I learned of the codes and I'm not sure when they expire but they are:

GETONE

GETTWO

GETTHREE

Yea, I am trying not to use the codes to buy more polish.  I have 4 trades coming tomorrow so it will be like Christmas in my mailbox!  :)  Hopefully, that will help me not to buy anything else.

I don't remember how I learned of the codes and I'm not sure when they expire but they are:

GETONE

GETTWO

GETTHREE

Thank you!!!!

Hopefully these work until my next payday.

I don't remember how I learned of the codes and I'm not sure when they expire but they are: GETONE GETTWO GETTHREE
Thank you soo much!! I thought these codes were expired since i first heard about them a while ago but I was able to place an order for the 2 colors I really wanted to try! There goes my no-buy... But I've been really good haven't bought any beauty for months so I think I can let this one slide.. :)

Anyone else lol'ing over enabling promo codes being shared in a no buy support thread :-)

Originally Posted by page5 View Post

Anyone else lol'ing over enabling promo codes being shared in a no buy support thread :-)

yes Y_Y I was going to make this comment.

LOL I think I'm going to end up putting in a Sephora purchase on Monday, to get the double points. So bad I know, but the actual last time I bought something from Sephora was in March, and I want to grab some of the UD liners and discontinued S!OPI polishes before I don't get another chance to...