August 2013 No Buy/Low Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just used the code to buy Tavern On The 
icon_redface.gif
 BUT, instead of buying the other colors I wanted, I managed a trade for Teal Magnolia and Botanical Beauty.  I have not seen any boxes with Tavern On The, so I justified buying it because I would not be able to trade for it.  *SIGH*
I have found that trading is just as exciting as online shopping.  Plus the shipping is faster! :)  I am sure I saved myself a ton of money with trading instead of online shopping this week.  Got an Urban Decay palette and a necklace!  I can't wait to get my Bondi box to see what I get, then trade for colors I want! 
sdrop.gif

Well, I cancelled my Birchbox yesterday! I will miss the excitement of opening a new one every month, but I've had it for well over a year now, and just haven't been in love with it lately. I also have a lot of samples I need to use up and go through. So, I figured it was best to cut back for a while and use up what I have for now, and save the leftover money to use for products I really want, vs foil and perfume samples that I could get for free at most makeup counters. (I'm sick of paying for foil samples!) As of right now, I plan to keep getting Glossybox only, and that will be it for a while. (I favor it for the size of the products included, and have really enjoyed the products and found quite a few favorites from that box, so for now I think it's still worth it!). (Back in the Spring, I cancelled Eco-Emi for the same reasons that I chose to cancel Birchbox, and I haven't regretted it yet.) Tomorrow I plan to cancel Jewelmint as well. Which, I didn't even realize I was "subscribed" to until I checked my bank statement this week! (I placed what I thought was an order from them a few times for individual pieces of jewelry I liked, and didn't realize that they had been charging me for a monthly plan ever since! So needless to say, out it goes ASAP!)

Sooooooo....with the GetOne/Two/Three etc code, the $10 off code, and the 25% off and the option to buy another bondi box, I am thinking of ways to get the best deal with the combination of these codes AND get all the colors I want before (4 more in total) I just cut myself off. smh. last night i used getone to get the 2 colors I wanted most badly. there is another that I had a sit-down with myself over and just told myself we could not have it because another color I have is similar, just has some sparkles where the other does not. The last color I will use the $10 off code at some point today and then I AM DONE with polish for a very long time. I'm going to create a sale board on pinterest for sure this wknd and list it on MUT and in a few facebook groups AND NOT USE THE MONEY FOR MORE POLISH lolol but to recoup some of my recent spending. I can do this right???

There's nothing else I want to swap for at this point so I should be pretty firm in my selling only....*fingers cross* and HAPPY FRIDAY!! 

Sooooooo....with the GetOne/Two/Three etc code, the $10 off code, and the 25% off and the option to buy another bondi box, I am thinking of ways to get the best deal with the combination of these codes AND get all the colors I want before (4 more in total) I just cut myself off. smh. last night i used getone to get the 2 colors I wanted most badly. there is another that I had a sit-down with myself over and just told myself we could not have it because another color I have is similar, just has some sparkles where the other does not. The last color I will use the $10 off code at some point today and then I AM DONE with polish for a very long time. I'm going to create a sale board on pinterest for sure this wknd and list it on MUT and in a few facebook groups AND NOT USE THE MONEY FOR MORE POLISH lolol but to recoup some of my recent spending. I can do this right??? There's nothing else I want to swap for at this point so I should be pretty firm in my selling only....*fingers cross* and HAPPY FRIDAY!! 
There's a buy one get one bondi code? Where did they post it? I like 4 more colors that I want (not that I need more polish). And happy Friday to you too! I can't believe how fast this week went!

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a buy one get one bondi code? Where did they post it? I like 4 more colors that I want (not that I need more polish). And happy Friday to you too! I can't believe how fast this week went!
I don't remember how I learned of the codes and I'm not sure when they expire but they are:

GETONE

GETTWO

GETTHREE

Yea, I am trying not to use the codes to buy more polish.  I have 4 trades coming tomorrow so it will be like Christmas in my mailbox!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Hopefully, that will help me not to buy anything else.

Originally Posted by CoachZenovia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't remember how I learned of the codes and I'm not sure when they expire but they are:

GETONE

GETTWO

GETTHREE
Thank you!!!!

Hopefully these work until my next payday.

I don't remember how I learned of the codes and I'm not sure when they expire but they are: GETONE GETTWO GETTHREE
Thank you soo much!! I thought these codes were expired since i first heard about them a while ago but I was able to place an order for the 2 colors I really wanted to try! There goes my no-buy... But I've been really good haven't bought any beauty for months so I think I can let this one slide.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone else lol'ing over enabling promo codes being shared in a no buy support thread :)

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else lol'ing over enabling promo codes being shared in a no buy support thread :)
yes Y_Y I was going to make this comment.

LOL I think I'm going to end up putting in a Sephora purchase on Monday, to get the double points. So bad I know, but the actual last time I bought something from Sephora was in March, and I want to grab some of the UD liners and discontinued S!OPI polishes before I don't get another chance to...

yes Y_Y I was going to make this comment. LOL I think I'm going to end up putting in a Sephora purchase on Monday, to get the double points. So bad I know, but the actual last time I bought something from Sephora was in March, and I want to grab some of the UD liners and discontinued S!OPI polishes before I don't get another chance to...
I've been wondering if maybe they will pull the SOPI stuff before the extra-points thing kicks in.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been wondering if maybe they will pull the SOPI stuff before the extra-points thing kicks in.
No, since they're being D/C I think they're trying to clear out stock... so they'll be gone when they are. :S

yes hahaha especially since nailpolish is the shopping problem with me. At least they help save some money.

I know it's so inappropro. I felt bad doing it...but there was a request lolol...who am I to not share info. le sigh. This is also evidence that I really need help
icon_cry.gif
icon_redface.gif

OOOPS! Sorry I should've PMed but I was on my phone and couldn't figure out how to PM someone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know it's so inappropro. I felt bad doing it...but there was a request lolol...who am I to not share info. le sigh. This is also evidence that I really need help
icon_cry.gif
icon_redface.gif
hug.gif
It's okay. It's my fault :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mauu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wasn't there a Confessional/"I slipped up" thread a while back? It hasn't been active for a few months but perhaps we could revive it? I think it'd be helpful to keep no-buy discussion here and confessions in the other thread. Less temptations that way.... in theory, at least. 
rolleyes1.gif

Here's the thread I meant:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/133414/the-confessional-oops-i-slipped-up-thread
I probably will be using that thread sometime later this month...

icon_cry.gif
icon_redface.gif
oh man me too.

I'm getting an extra of S!OPI Just a Little Dangerous even though I have one... my justification is no chance to get it again and it's only going to be $3!! Also it was literally my first "high end" polish ever -- really the official start of my collection, so it holds a special place in my heart ;;

Plus, it's a near perfect dupe for BL Pitter Patter which everyone has been  lusting over, at a fraction of the price! Who cares if I have over 200 polishes and am unlikely to ever finish the first JALD lol! If I do 5 years from now, I'd' want to have another!

[x]

Hilariously, I also have Tease-y Does It. QQ No more talk about stuff though. Crying

Since this thread does have "support" in the title, is it okay to do talk-me-down stuff in here? I'm starting to need this when it comes to Living Proof haircare. I tried and loved the samples I got, but I probably have enough shampoo/conditioner to get me through the rest of the year. I just really liked those samples, and the more I think about them, the more I want them.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since this thread does have "support" in the title, is it okay to do talk-me-down stuff in here? I'm starting to need this when it comes to Living Proof haircare. I tried and loved the samples I got, but I probably have enough shampoo/conditioner to get me through the rest of the year. I just really liked those samples, and the more I think about them, the more I want them.
lol that's actually the point of the thread, not to talk about things we're going to get XD

Is it on sale right now? If no: then you can wait, because you have enough hair stuff. If yes: are there going to be sales in the future, or is this going to be the best sale they're ever going to have?

If you're going to buy it: Are you going to use it right away, or are you going to try and finish up your half empties (no goo hoarding!)? If not, it's just going to be another hair thing that's going to be sitting there waiting to be used... as opposed to money in your pocket ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you're going to switch to this brand completely right away: what are you going to do with the products you already have?

Thoughts to keep you busy while you debate :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mauu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wasn't there a Confessional/"I slipped up" thread a while back? It hasn't been active for a few months but perhaps we could revive it? I think it'd be helpful to keep no-buy discussion here and confessions in the other thread. Less temptations that way.... in theory, at least. 
rolleyes1.gif

Here's the thread I meant:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/133414/the-confessional-oops-i-slipped-up-thread
Thanks for the thread mauu! Will definitely be using and staying focused for our purpose here :). I'm still learning MUT so many thanks for being so gracious and pointing me in the right direction!!!

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OOOPS! Sorry I should've PMed but I was on my phone and couldn't figure out how to PM someone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hug.gif
It's okay. It's my fault :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I probably will be using that thread sometime later this month...
Aww thanks lioness90!  I could have PM'ed but did not think about it. I just made a post in that thread already lolol.

Back