Sign in to follow this  
evildrporkchop

Glossybox October 2013 (Spoilers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxies22 View Post

For some reason, I was soo excited to get my box today. Then, I opened it and was kinda 'bleh'. What's wrong with me? Haha I got the mask (oh well; will try it anyway). I'm stoked on Fresh's facial cream which is a decent size. As for perfume: it smells nice but not my scent. Mascara will be a nice gift for the holidays. I'm a huge fan of Balance Me products. This gloss kinda disappoint me. I don't know maybe I just have a different experience with glosses so it's like maybe I'm just overloaded with so many lip products. That will make another a holiday gift. I resembled my glossy dots for next month and can't believe that I've been with them for a year! I'm considering taking a break and maybe try a different sub box?

Haha, I sure know what you mean!  Reading at the contents of the box I get all excited then when it's here I realize that I have a gabillion mascars, lip gloass and face creams.... so I get this little queezy feel in my stomach, like I've had 3 slices of cheese cake.

Well, we can all get start early on our Christmas boxes for every lady we know.  My college age niece is already so 'in the know' when I give her a box, there will be brown crinkle paper, a deluxe fragrance, face cream, lip gloss, a nail polish and  some premium chocolate (Godiva, Lindt, Anthon Berg...)  

Gah...  I have just too much stuff!!

Loving the Sesha gel too! I've never tried anything like that before. The perfume smells like deodorant pads to me. I hate that smell! I liked my box tho. Will be using the Sesha coupon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

So I tried pretty much everything today!

Perfume - I wore it and I liked it, though it's super light. A nice change and the bottle is cute.

Fresh face cream - Love! It kept my skin soft and hydrated, but it felt light and fresh.

Sesha exfoliating gel - LOVED this! It reminded me of a sample I got a while back and loved, of an enzyme peel...I love rubbing off the balls of dead skin.

Lip salve - Kept my lips soft all day..I like that the color was sheer, almost nonexistent on me.

Mascara - Love! It performed similarly to They're Real on me, and the packaging was amazing!

I agree with all that except I got the face mask instead of the exfoliating gel. I love everything except that because I hate sheet masks in general. I did use it and hated it the entire time, but my face felt nice when it was done.

So happy to have that mascara and the Fresh sample is HUGE!

I've been subscribing to gb almost a year (joined after the man repeller box) and I think this is my favorite so far. I love tarte and fresh products

I thought this box was awesome I am happy with everything except the perfume. I love Bvlgari Black and Jasmin Noir but to me this one smells like mens deodorant. Probably just because I'm more into woodsy,spicy,dark scents so this one is too fresh/clean for me.

I received my box and was happy, but not as thrilled as with the other collaboration boxes. I've definitely been spoiled by Glossybox. I received the exfoliating gel in my box, and I really liked it! I also LOVE the fresh cream :) It feels and smells so nice.

I'm a little bummed because I didn't receive the extra lip product for using the code "LIPS" when I ordered. Has anyone had success receiving this item? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Mac View Post

I received my box and was happy, but not as thrilled as with the other collaboration boxes. I've definitely been spoiled by Glossybox. I received the exfoliating gel in my box, and I really liked it! I also LOVE the fresh cream :) It feels and smells so nice.

I'm a little bummed because I didn't receive the extra lip product for using the code "LIPS" when I ordered. Has anyone had success receiving this item? 

I didn't get mine either - as far as I can tell, no one on MuT got their extra lip product. Definitely a bummer!

Aside from that, I really did like this box! It's my favorite one so far - I signed up last winter, but canceled after August. I think I will just buy one off boxes like some of you guys are also doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaJay View Post

I didn't get mine either - as far as I can tell, no one on MuT got their extra lip product. Definitely a bummer!

Aside from that, I really did like this box! It's my favorite one so far - I signed up last winter, but canceled after August. I think I will just buy one off boxes like some of you guys are also doing!

I didn't get the lip product either.  Will probably email them.  I need another lip balm like I need a hole in the head, but they promised me a lip balm so now I must have it!

I also really liked the box, got the exfoliating gel I was hoping for.  And I'm looking forward to trying the mascara, I've used Lights Camera Lashes in the past and loved it.  I just need to use the 3 open tubes I already have before opening another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny13 View Post

I usually cancel each month after I get my box/know it's shipped/a few days before the charge date. I've never gotten double charged (here's hoping that continues!). I usually wait until there is a spoiler or a coupon.

has glossybox ever given you a hard time for doing that?

I want this month's box but am not   sure I want to continue to get it every month - I also would like the option to "skip" a month without them punishing me!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancardi View Post

has glossybox ever given you a hard time for doing that?

I want this month's box but am not   sure I want to continue to get it every month - I also would like the option to "skip" a month without them punishing me!! lol

I've done it a lot personally, and I never had trouble with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiiO View Post

I've done it a lot personally, and I never had trouble with them.

thanks!!

I will do that once my box ships out :)

I received my box today.. received the mask and did not receive my promotional free lip balm... sent an email; we'll see if they reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cskeiser View Post

I received my box today.. received the mask and did not receive my promotional free lip balm... sent an email; we'll see if they reply.

I received an email back already that they are sending me the lip balm. :)

I emailed them about the missing LIPS promo this morning and already heard back, too.  They said they will ship it out this week :)

Quote:

Quote:

I received an email back already that they are sending me the lip balm. :)

Yay!  It's so nice that they've stepped up their customer service.  Now if they ever release a spoiler I want, I'll actually buy a box!

I got my box a few days ago, probably one of my favorite boxes this year!, so far the facial cream and exfoliate are my favorites. I always love Tarte but I already have a ton of mascara but the packaging is so fancy so I cant wait to try it. The Bvlgari perfume smells ausome, I think my mother would like this so I'm going to give that to her for her xmas stocking. 

I hope I get this box.  I used Glossydots and mine still shows in the pack phase.  I assume I am in the last wave since mine was free.  I want in on the fun!

I love the way the Tarte packaging feels in my hand! It's not cold or hard, just nice and the formula and brush are awesome! I like it MUCH better than Benefit's They're Real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boadicea View Post

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I just joined GlossyBox in September, I love it and now I'm obsessed with spoilers!

I saw this this morning about a winter box. Do you think it's for the US subscribers (possible spoilers if you click on the link)?

http://www.glam.com/glossybox-goes-for-the-gold/

Welcome!

That golden box seems to me like the same concept of one they did last year in Germany. It was 30 Euros,  I will have to look and see if I have a pic of the contents. The box itself is nice and has a magnetic closure I use it to put jewelry in.

Oh yeah that golden winter box looks interesting, hope its good! Can't wait to see spoilers in those soon. And welcome Boadicea ! I too get a little obsessed with spoilers plus MUT gals are AUSOME at finding them ahead of time :)