Glossybox October 2013 (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried that initially, but there was no place to choose a "pay with Glossydots" option, only the normal billing page. So I emailed Glossybox CS and they replied that I couldn't use my Glossydots without an active subscription. I went onto the Glossybox facebook page to complain and got a good response there. They helped me out and just credited my Glossydots towards a free box without requiring a subscription- so right now on my account page it shows that I have been deducted 1000 Glossydots "reserved for free box". We will see if it actually gets shipped to me (the CS rep says it should deliver between 10/25 and 11/7, but what do we know..?)
So glad you figured out a way to use your dots- it really makes no sense that u can't use them w/o an active sub- one of those things I will never understand

Ermagerd!!!! Should I be shocked that I just got an email that my October Glossybox just shipped or is this just an evil ploy to get my hopes up before crushing them?

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ermagerd!!!! Should I be shocked that I just got an email that my October Glossybox just shipped or is this just an evil ploy to get my hopes up before crushing them?

What is the SKU? It always has the month and year of the box, so if it doesn't say G.2013.10.S in your shipping confirmation then it's not the October box.

Quote:Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is the SKU? It always has the month and year of the box, so if it doesn't say G.2013.10.S in your shipping confirmation then it's not the October box.

See I knew it was too good to be true, the weird thing is that I didn't sign up for the box until 9-28, and my account says october, but sure enough the email sent confirmed it was indeed the september box. *Hope crushed*

FYI for others who want to use their dots for a free box while not currently subscribed: you can't make a new sub with glossydots, but you can pay to reactivate an old sub with them. At least that's how it was for me a few months back.

I sent them an e-mail after closing my account and requested that I use 2000 glossydots for free boxes.  They said that they could do that and deducted them from my account, but said that I would not get shipping notifications or surveys for the free boxes.  I did receive my Glossybox a few days ago for September, so they did in fact follow through, though I had no idea, no tracking anything about when it might come.

Speaking of glossydots, does anyone know how it works for people subbed 3/6/12 months? I can't seem to figure out how to apply that for maybe ordering gift boxes which would be perfect for some upcoming birthdays....

I'm looking forward to this box since I don't want to use a single thing from my September box. I will however, use the box! lol

Updates!  Looking forward to seeing what's in this box. If I like it, maybe I'll re-sub when there's a discount available. 

Updates!  So excited,.....
icon_smile.gif

Speaking of glossydots, does anyone know if you can use them before you get to a thousand. I have 980 and was wondering if I could go ahead and use them even if I had to pay a dollar. If so how much are say like 10 glossydots worth value wise?

Quote: Originally Posted by amymballou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Speaking of glossydots, does anyone know if you can use them before you get to a thousand. I have 980 and was wondering if I could go ahead and use them even if I had to pay a dollar. If so how much are say like 10 glossydots worth value wise?

I really doubt that Glossybox would go out of their way to accommodate an offer like that. Considering they stand to gain $21 on another box for you to reach 1000 points versus some smaller monetary amount that you think 10 dots are worth, especially if you are going to offer a dollar. They are in the business to make money, and it was hard enough for me to convince them to apply my Glossydots without resubscribing.

I wasn't able to.
frown.gif
I was at 990, and I still had to wait for the next month. Like LitlKhan said, it's another $21 for them!

October is here~

Pumpkins are here~

Hayrides, fright fest, zombies are here~

Yay yay yay~!

I am so full of happy right now~

I just want to skip and frolic and send BEAMS OF HAPPY TO EVERYONE!!!!!

But I'm also sleep deprived and on medication. I'll probably be a pool of EXTREME DEPRESSION when I"m feeling better!!!!

I HOPE I GET MAIL SOON! YAY OCTROBERTRON!!!!!!

Thank goodness for the spelling check.

how is it there hasn't even been one spoiler yet?!?! I just want to know one item. REALLY, I want to know them all, but I'm shocked there hasn't been one yet

Quote: Originally Posted by Lorenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  how is it there hasn't even been one spoiler yet?!?! I just want to know one item. REALLY, I want to know them all, but I'm shocked there hasn't been one yet

I know, right?? Usually their on the ball the first of the month!

I didn't mean it like that I was just curious how much glossydots were worth, and if you could use them before you got to a thousand. I wouldn't offer a dollar, I was just using an example....wasn't being literal. Anyways, thank you Cheshirecookie for answering my question that's all I really wanted to know.

I didn't mean it like that I was just curious how much glossydots were worth, and if you could use them before you got to a thousand. I wouldn't offer a dollar, I was just using an example....wasn't being literal. Anyways, thank you Cheshirecookie for answering my question that's all I really wanted to know.

I know that, and I'm saying that even if you offered $21 Glossybox would probably still be assholes and insist on you buying the box just so they can torture you by making you wait and deal with their CS, lol

Back