Glossybox October 2013 (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone see this from Katherine Power, the Creative Director/ Co-Founder of WhoWhatWear.com online? This was posted on her instagram in July! 

"My @Byrdiebeauty glossy box just arrived with a bunch of @brittaboutaleb favorite products! Have you checked out BYRDIE.com yet?"

( I hope this is an idea of what we're getting for October ! )
luv.gif

Retrieved from: http://www.katherinepower.com/post/56919221218/my-byrdiebeauty-glossy-box-just-arrived-with-a

Update: Found out that this was a very limited VIP box (as indicated on instagram by byrdiebeauty) but they had mentioned that they have "big plans for Glossybox_US in October" - Can't wait to see what that is!

If the Oct Glossybox/Byrdie collab is even remotely similar to this box, I'll be extremely excited! ...*crosses fingers*

The above box contents are as follows: 

The Kate Somerville product on the top left looks like the DermalQuench Liquid Liftâ„¢ Advanced Wrinkle Treatment with HydraFillâ„¢ (Seen advertised on Byrdie.com)

Retail: $95 for Full Size 2.5 oz

http://www.katesomerville.com/dermalquench-liquid-lift-advanced-wrinkle-treatment/

Obsessive Compulsive LipTars (Also advertised on Byrdie.com)

Retail: $18 for Full Size 0.33 oz on Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/lip-tar-P376506?skuId=1455260&icid2=ObsessiveCompulsive_LipTars_Carousel_P376506_image&om_mmc=aff-linkshare-redirect-25ZRSXYPVYg&c3ch=Linkshare&c3nid=25ZRSXYPVYg

Kevyn Aucoin Loose Shimmery Shadow

Retail: $29 for Net Wt 2.3g 

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/Kevyn-Aucoin-Shimmer-Shadow-Amethyst-Kevyn-Aucoin/prod82340056_cat399701_cat000001_/;jsessionid=53313A5B7893032DC411D1F1DBF0E199?isEditorial=false&index=30&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat399701

Fresh Sugar Advance Therapy Lip Treatment 

Retail: $25 for 0.15oz

http://www.sephora.com/sugar-advanced-therapy-lip-treatment-P302103?icid2=Fresh_Sugar_Top_CAROUSEL_P302103_image

Giorgio Armani Lipstick? 

Retail: $32-$34 dollars for full size

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara

Retail: $30 Full Size

http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-armani_us-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=A333&bookmark=38907

O.P.I Nail Laquer

Retail : $8 for Full size 0.5 fl oz

Philip B Maui Wowie Volumizing Thickening Beach Mist

Retail: $22 for Full Size

http://www.philipb.com/maui-wowie-beach-mist-p-1934.html

Overall retail value of this particular VIP box: $227

GB has pictures of the Byrdie box all over their site and FB page now. No spoilers yet though. I couldn't help it and gifted myself an extra box. I was still able to apply the code LIP for the Malin + Goetz lip balm. I'd better get it.

GB has pictures of the Byrdie box all over their site and FB page now. No spoilers yet though. I couldn't help it and gifted myself an extra box. I was still able to apply the code LIP for the Malin + Goetz lip balm. I'd better get it.
Thanks for letting us know that the "lip" coupon code still works, that and thee ebates code were enough to get me to resub for this month. I know the box that was posted was a limited VIP box and not the one we're getting but I'm still really hoping we get the Fresh sugar lip treatment, I adore that stuff but hate the price tag.

I know there is no way we are getting all those amazing items lol but if we received even a few of these items I would be over the moon!!

I would love to try a lip tar. I hear all about them but never have the nerve to go buy one myself.

I would love to try a lip tar. I hear all about them but never have the nerve to go buy one myself.
Me too! I have a few of the kits in my sephora "loves" but have never e added one to my cart!

If a discount code comes up, then I'm totally in!! I took a GB hiatus but I'm a huge fan of their collaborative boxes.

Looks interesting, I have been avoiding GB for a few months now since there last collabo. But I love all the collabo boxes!! I may try and wait for a discount code to. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But most likely will sign up since my Birthday is this month. An extra box of goodies never hurts!

I have enough for a free box but it won't let me redeem? Do you have to have an ongoing subscription as mine finished last month?

Oooh for a code right now!

I'm still waiting for my Sept box, tracking says it was delivered today!  Hope it's on my door step when I get home.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Looks interesting, I have been avoiding GB for a few months now since there last collabo. But I love all the collabo boxes!! I may try and wait for a discount code to. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But most likely will sign up since my Birthday is this month. An extra box of goodies never hurts!
Ditto to all of this! Yay for October birthdays!
party.gif

Updates! I would love the lip tar also and would be over the moon if it was included. I can't wait for spoilers! This is my favorite month of the year! So much great food and oh the weather!

Updates :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was planning to unsubscribe after getting my October box, but they always have such fabulous collabs!

This is will be the first collab box for me, and from the looks of things it's got potential to be amazing! If they sent us ANYTHING from OCC I'd be super happy. I have a few lip tars and I love them, plus you can never have too many since you can mix them and have endless color possibilities, but I've never tried their tinted moisturizers or polishes, so that would be fun too. 

Um, tell me how that works out for you, because I unsubbed in July and they are telling me that since I don't have an active subscription, I can't redeem my Glossydots. So what, that means that I can only use my Glossydots for double boxes? Because if I recall correctly, GB always makes a point of charging us ASAP in the month. Way to go for customer loyalty. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Khanin Yu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Um, tell me how that works out for you, because I unsubbed in July and they are telling me that since I don't have an active subscription, I can't redeem my Glossydots. So what, that means that I can only use my Glossydots for double boxes? Because if I recall correctly, GB always makes a point of charging us ASAP in the month. Way to go for customer loyalty. 

they do charge way early. The stuff in the boxes for me is awesome but some of these stories about cs and policies has me a little nervous about staying with them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khanin Yu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can resubscribe for a monthly box & pay with your Glossydots-  just remember to cancel after you receive your October box - before they charge for November.  Hope this helps!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can resubscribe for a monthly box & pay with your Glossydots-  just remember to cancel after you receive your October box - before they charge for November.  Hope this helps!!

I tried that initially, but there was no place to choose a "pay with Glossydots" option, only the normal billing page. So I emailed Glossybox CS and they replied that I couldn't use my Glossydots without an active subscription. I went onto the Glossybox facebook page to complain and got a good response there. They helped me out and just credited my Glossydots towards a free box without requiring a subscription- so right now on my account page it shows that I have been deducted 1000 Glossydots "reserved for free box". We will see if it actually gets shipped to me (the CS rep says it should deliver between 10/25 and 11/7, but what do we know..?)

Back