Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(spoilers) Julep January 2014

This year has certainly flown by in another 12 days we get to pick our maven boxes for January 2014. What is every one looking forward to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

This year has certainly flown by in another 12 days we get to pick our maven boxes for January 2014. What is every one looking forward to?

I feel like I just signed up for Julep yesterday but that was back in August. 

I'm not good at keeping my polish seasonal/on-trend, so as far as what I feel like in January, I don't know. But I do know I want more blues! And maybe purples. I have WAY too many pinks/reds and plenty of glitters... but my blue spectrum is falling short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

I feel like I just signed up for Julep yesterday but that was back in August. 

I'm not good at keeping my polish seasonal/on-trend, so as far as what I feel like in January, I don't know. But I do know I want more blues! And maybe purples. I have WAY too many pinks/reds and plenty of glitters... but my blue spectrum is falling short!

I love the color blue and have a lot of blue nail polish.  But I will always get more!  I just need new & different colors, I feel like I'm at the point where I get a new color only to find that I already have one very similar.  

I also feel like I don't need any pink/red and have enough glitters right now.  

Julep, bring in the new year with some new & exciting textures and colors.

ETA:  I also hope they keep doing the nail polish only and classics upgrades like last month.  Those options are great!

I want a New Years theme with glittery polishes in different shades and some new metallic! Perhaps golds, reds, champagnes, blue shimmers, etc.  I always want more  purple nail polish.

• Like 3

Another vote for more foils/metallics over here! A nice icy blue would be amazing. I'm really hoping that there's an all-shimmery-and-cool It Girl box with a sparkly add-on or two. I have enough points for a free box plus one or two add-ons, and I'm a January baby, so I'm looking at it as a birthday present!

• Like 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaMingo View Post

Has anyone gotten a gift card from julep for $6.99?

No

I'm hoping for some fun textures. I also would like something like The topcoats that change the look of your polish.I'm thinking of the ones in Sephora the new X line.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimsalot View Post

I'm hoping for some fun textures. I also would like something like The topcoats that change the look of your polish.I'm thinking of the ones in Sephora the new X line.

That would be nice!

I want some really unique polishes. I've been a maven for a year and a half, so things are starting to get repetitive. I have a pretty large collection of nail polish (~100 bottles between all the brands) and so I need something special to make me purchase. Something in the same realm as Jovelle (Joyelle? I can't remember the name) from last month's Boho Glam box.

I still want a champagne colored shimmery polish and a holographic sand finish (if that's possible?).  A collection like Max in all different colors would be cool.  Would love to see them do a bath/body/hand care type product rather than more makeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

I still want a champagne colored shimmery polish and a holographic sand finish (if that's possible?).  Would love to see them do a bath/body/hand care type product rather than more makeup.

I agree with all of this! I'm not a huge fan of their makeup (except for the kajal stick -- I use that almost every day), but I've always been impressed with their skin care products. I'd love a champagne polish, but since they released one in that trio set recently, I'm not sure they'd recycle that fast. For the next set, I'd like to see

the red - a cherry shimmer

the blue - an icy textured glitter, like OPI's Tiffany Case

the yellow - not at all, lol! Okay, how about a pale gold holo.

the green - dark evergreen cream

the nude - a pale pink sheer

the purple - plum/lavender glitter topper in a clear base

the unusual color - I really loved Ciara from October, so a coordinated constrasting base and glitter like that, although I can't think of any good combos myself.

I skipped December because I felt like I had a lot of those shades already and I didn't want the makeup, so I'd love to see the beauty gift go back to skin care or offer something different, like an eye makeup remover or tools. But I think from the survey questions, we're likely to get blush/bronzer next.

I'm still on the hunt for a nice dark (but not too dark) forest green. Also hoping they get away from makeup and go back to skin/body care (hello cleansing oil anyone?). 2014 is full of possibilities! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post

I'm still on the hunt for a nice dark (but not too dark) forest green. Also hoping they get away from makeup and go back to skin/body care (hello cleansing oil anyone?). 2014 is full of possibilities! biggrin.gif

Diane is a nice dark green.

http://www.julep.com/diane.html

• Like 1

I still want a champagne colored shimmery polish and a holographic sand finish (if that's possible?).  A collection like Max in all different colors would be cool.  Would love to see them do a bath/body/hand care type product rather than more makeup.
A holo sand is totally possible! Essence has one. I think they actually have a few in Europe, but there's only one released so far in the US, and it may be available only in Fred Meyer, a Pacific Northwest-only chain. It's a black, and it's gorgeous. I may or may not have sent one to my nails Secret Santee.

A couple of people in a Julep group I'm in on Facebook posted a photo of the January colors and gave the theme of the collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Blenkle View Post

here's another view

nice!   apparently The bottom left three are going to be minis sold with a mini freedom top coat, all four together as an add on.  Which makes sense to me!  Other than those, they go together really well - I may actually get this box!

I am seriously excited about those. Polish upgrade for (almost) sure. Not the best timing with billing right after Christmas when I've already spent so much $$ this month though ;-) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariahk83 View Post

one of the girls on a Facebook group I'm on snapped a pic of the Jan collection at the Julep Pop Up Shop!!!!

After really looking at them... I think I would only really want hannah, mae, and lani. I have SO MANY golds/silvers and really don't need more. I only have one gray I think, and I welcome more blues/greens. Jan seems a very neutral heavy and I rarely wear neutrals. 

I'm hoping two of the ones I want are together so I only have to pick one as an add-on. 25$ would be better than 30$. Lol

I wonder if they are grouped by collection. Like...

Annemarie/Farrah/Hope = It Girl

Hannah/Noelle = Boho Glam

Margot/Mae = Bombshell

Mona/Abigail = CWAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

After really looking at them... I think I would only really want hannah, mae, and lani. I have SO MANY golds/silvers and really don't need more. I only have one gray I think, and I welcome more blues/greens. Jan seems a very neutral heavy and I rarely wear neutrals. 

I'm hoping two of the ones I want are together so I only have to pick one as an add-on. 25$ would be better than 30$. Lol

im loving farrah, noelle and abigail!  

I will have to get Abigail for sure, since that is my daughter's name. It is a really beautiful collection.