Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

Same, especially since I just bought some of the ta-da drops. Figuring out which box to get might be more difficult this month because of that...

How do you like the ta-da drops?  I have never used quick dry drops of any kind.  Can you use a top coat and then use the drops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

How do you like the ta-da drops?  I have never used quick dry drops of any kind.  Can you use a top coat and then use the drops?

I used the top coat then the drops. I seem to notice a small difference, but there's vitamins in them too so I like that. My cuticles need all the help they can get.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post

Same, especially since I just bought some of the ta-da drops. Figuring out which box to get might be more difficult this month because of that...

I have the older version of Julep's quick dry drops (before they were called "Ta Da" drops) and i love them. They speed up dry time by a LOT. This is coming from someone who likes doing my nails really fast, and then want to do other things with my hands right away (which usually leads to messing up at least a nail or two before they fully dry). After finishing your mani as normal (after top coat) i wait a minute, drop one drop on each nail, and almost immediately i can tap on my nails and they are dry.

HOWEVER if i have 2 or 3 thick coats of polish on before putting the drops, it may take longer. So i wouldn't touch it right after applying the drops.. When i have 1-2 thinner coats on, i can touch it immediately after applying the drops. How wonderful.

Oh and one other problem i had with the drops (not sure if they fixed this for the newer version) is that when i ordered them, the bottle came looking only half or 3/4 full. It evaporates even when it's still sealed... I emailed julep about it and they sent me another one... which was ALSO only half or 3/4 full. So hopefully that doesn't happen with the new drops.

• Like 1

how do quick dry drops work?  every time i look at these swatches i like the colors more and more..... 
I'm on my second bottle of the quick dry/ta-da drops. I apply my topcoat and wait one minute then use the drops. They ware oil rich and I think they do lessen drying time. Since I love them so much, I bought a backup now idont don't know what to order. I want the Vanish Drops and the too. Idk will find out soon

If you watch the video the vanish drops help with staining in addition to being a cuticle remover.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Julep posted that the vanish drops will not be in every box (only modern beauty) so I take that to mean the quick dry drops will be the product in the other boxes this month.  Wish it was the other way around :icon_neut

Yeah - so far on Facebook they've said:

• Vanish will be available in Modern Beauty, Upgrade boxes, as well as an add-on.

• Vanish will be available as an add-on for $12.99.

• Or you can get the add-on duo which includes Vanish and our amazing Cuticle Pusher for $17.99.

• Comment:  It is frustrating this isn't the main product, since the quick dry drops have been the product in a previous maven box.

Julep Answer:  You can always opt for the Modern Beauty box, and then add on any of the colors from the collection to curate your perfect box!

• Comment:  Is the cuticle pusher only an add on? Or will it be in the modern beauty box?

Julep Answer:  It will be available as a solo add-on, and as an add-on duo with Vanish for $17.99.

I asked if it was the same cuticle pusher tool that is sold in their manicure kit but did not receive a reply.

This review (with video link) was left in the comments as well:

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/en/julep-maven-january-sneak-peek-vanish-cuticle-softener-remover/

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterblog View Post

Quote:

Julep posted that the vanish drops will not be in every box (only modern beauty) so I take that to mean the quick dry drops will be the product in the other boxes this month.  Wish it was the other way around :icon_neut

• Vanish will be available in Modern Beauty, Upgrade boxes, as well as an add-on.

• Or you can get the add-on duo which includes Vanish and our amazing Cuticle Pusher for $17.99.

• Comment:  It is frustrating this isn't the main product, since the quick dry drops have been the product in a previous maven box.

Julep Answer:  You can always opt for the Modern Beauty box, and then add on any of the colors from the collection to curate your perfect box!

• Comment:  Is the cuticle pusher only an add on? Or will it be in the modern beauty box?

Julep Answer:  It will be available as a solo add-on, and as an add-on duo with Vanish for $17.99.

I asked if it was the same cuticle pusher tool that is sold in their manicure kit but did not receive a reply.

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/en/julep-maven-january-sneak-peek-vanish-cuticle-softener-remover/

Ugh.  Then why did they send an email promoting it?  I've been a Julep subscriber for 16 months.  I've skipped every box since sometime in the Spring.  I was so excited when I got the email about the cuticle stuff (mine need serious help right now), I was actually thinking of getting a box this month.  I got the quick dry drops whenever they were last set (I want to say last Fall?) and really don't want another one.  Getting a $17.99 add on is almost as much as getting 2 boxes.  Get it together, Julep.  I might get the Modern Beauty box because Julep polishes don't even last a full day (or even a full 12 hours) on me.  Grumblegrumblegrumble.

Ugh.  Then why did they send an email promoting it?  I've been a Julep subscriber for 16 months.  I've skipped every box since sometime in the Spring.  I was so excited when I got the email about the cuticle stuff (mine need serious help right now), I was actually thinking of getting a box this month.  I got the quick dry drops whenever they were last set (I want to say last Fall?) and really don't want another one.  Getting a $17.99 add on is almost as much as getting 2 boxes.  Get it together, Julep.  I might get the Modern Beauty box because Julep polishes don't even last a full day (or even a full 12 hours) on me.  Grumblegrumblegrumble.
Because they want everyone to get it an an add-on!!!! So annoying Julep!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

Wow! Why does your polish only last a day or less? This would make me grumble too??? Are you using top and base coat? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterblog View Post

Quote:

This really irks me because I just ordered the Caddy and so much more which include the Ta-Da Drops and now I am looking at getting another bottle because I don't plan on getting Modern Beauty and I would prefer to just have the Vanish drops instead. Also I have been eying the manicure set and so I don't want to get the add-on duo if the cuticle pusher is the exact same. Oh why did you have to complicate things Julep?

I don't want or need the cuticle stuff, but it is frustrating that once again Julep puts what most people will think of as "the good stuff" as add-ons. They always put what, are to me, the good glitter polishes as add-ons, and now this. Hrmph. I really like Julep's products, but they're driving me bananas with the way they do the monthly boxes.

I also hope they do an end-of-the-year sale. I really want the "Color Caddy & So Much More," but even when it was on sale it was still pretty expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imberis View Post

I don't want or need the cuticle stuff, but it is frustrating that once again Julep puts what most people will think of as "the good stuff" as add-ons. They always put what, are to me, the good glitter polishes as add-ons, and now this. Hrmph. I really like Julep's products, but they're driving me bananas with the way they do the monthly boxes.

I also hope they do an end-of-the-year sale. I really want the "Color Caddy & So Much More," but even when it was on sale it was still pretty expensive.

In terms of products that are well-received, I'm now on the boat of waiting for the mystery boxes that have the products that are relevant to my interests. Usually they'll drop the price quite a bit too, if you wait. I think I ended up paying $7 for the sea salt spray (I missed the 20% code that could've made it $5.60 :C) and it was also in the boxes.

I think I am in the minority here but I am glad that the boxes will have the quick dry drops, I have been wanting those for months. Not many of the polish colors appeal to me this month, but I have enough Jules for a free box so if I can get 1 color I like plus the quick dry drops I might actually take a box this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

In terms of products that are well-received, I'm now on the boat of waiting for the mystery boxes that have the products that are relevant to my interests. Usually they'll drop the price quite a bit too, if you wait. I think I ended up paying $7 for the sea salt spray (I missed the 20% code that could've made it $5.60 :C) and it was also in the boxes.

I usually do the same thing. The regular boxes are kind of iffy for me, but I'll gladly buy a mystery box with a coupon! The last one I got had a ton of neat stuff in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I do this too. January's mystery box should have November's products in it, if I've calculated right. I can see myself skipping forever and just waiting for when the products go on sale after a few months. 

I know Julep adds the "good stuff" as add-ons to make more money, but I don't know... I think doing this exclusively makes customers resentful after awhile. Or maybe that's just me. :)

I am really happy with the mystery box contents this month, the polishes look gorgeous and the products are well rounded i think the value is there, especially for those who got to use a code!  can't wait to get mine.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post

I am really happy with the mystery box contents this month, the polishes look gorgeous and the products are well rounded i think the value is there, especially for those who got to use a code!  can't wait to get mine.  

What are the other products in the box? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerfish View Post

I think I am in the minority here but I am glad that the boxes will have the quick dry drops, I have been wanting those for months. Not many of the polish colors appeal to me this month, but I have enough Jules for a free box so if I can get 1 color I like plus the quick dry drops I might actually take a box this month.

I agree! I might actually get a box this month, simply because those are the product! I have so many other cuticle items, but I've never tried quick dry drops, so those are more fun! (:

The selection window is open and like always I don't know what to do!  I *think* I want Abigail, Noelle, Farrah and Anne Marie, now I have to figure out what the best way will be to get them.

Window is open! And of course all of the polishes I want are scattered across the different profiles. *le sigh*

Has anyone tried the Ta-Da drops? I just got them in the Caddy & More set but I haven't tried them yet. Are they worth having a spare bottle?

Hmm I'm really interested in getting the modern beauty box but I just feel like I should wait and see what the end of the year sale has. The drops look cool but I guess I'm happy enough with my Seche Vite that I don't know if I have a need for another drying product.

I have no idea how similar they are, but I picked up some drying drops from my local Five Below - 3 for $5. I haven't used them too much, but it's not worth it to me to try out Julep's version. Skipping again this month; I'll see what the sale brings!