Sign in to follow this  
kitnmitns

Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterblog View Post

One final follow-up because in the end Glossybox did provide actual customer service (via Facebook private message) and I think it's something everyone might want to file back - whether you need it now, or might need it in the future...  Hope it helps!

Hi Robyn,

Thank you again, for taking the time to send such a detailed update (So happy your box arrived, too!). It truly means a lot to me, and to GLOSSYBOX as a company to receive such elaborate feedback-- the good and the bad of it, so we can improve for future subscribers.

I have added 200 glossydots to your account, for all your troubles.

Once more, I'd like to say I'm so sorry for your experience. If there is anything we can do to help, do send us a private message (they're easier to keep track of than comments on our page, to make sure we respond to everything) or shoot us an email to [email protected]

We hope you enjoy your GLOSSYBOX treats & have a great day.

All the best, Tracy

Something like this from the start would have saved so many headaches on both our parts! I also want to add that until my box showed up today (I sent her the photo to see it had arrived and all was well) - Tracy had already put me on a list this morning for a free replacement box. When I thanked her and told her there was no need now, she gave me the Glossydots in order to do something for me.

So in the future, definitely make sure you contact Tracy with one of the methods above!

That's great they were able to give you glossydots!

Tried the vichy for the first time tonight... seems like a good night moisturizer. A little goes a long way, but it smells like my grandma's face lotion so I am having a hard time getting over that since I heavily associate that smell with old people. lol

Tried the vichy for the first time tonight... seems like a good night moisturizer. A little goes a long way, but it smells like my grandma's face lotion so I am having a hard time getting over that since I heavily associate that smell with old people. lol
I thought it smelled kinda weird too, but the scent definitely faded quickly for me. And it works so well, that the slight smell wouldn't keep me from using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelize1218 View Post

Yeah i just received my first glossybox last night. I'm guessing with all this snow storms, it has really delayed alot of mail and also flights etc. Even got a bit of snow this morning (Seattle). Anyways, excited that I got my glossy box, opened it up to find 5 items. Surprised I got the BCBG perfume instead of the VICHY Cream. So I googled around and noticed some people received 6 items instead of just 5? Unless they got two boxes and added all the items together to what you "could" get in the January '14 glossy box.

All the items are great still but was caught by surprise. I also received the beauty blender soup instead of the liquid bottle. I'm guessing that the BCBG perfume was also in a previous glossy box as well. Maybe they ran out of some items and had to sub for some? Too bad and I even subbed for a 3 month subscription too. I should be happy to receive the box but at least be notified that you might not get the exact items through the sneek peek emails. We'll see what is to come for the February '14 box. Hope you all get your boxes soon if not yet!

*** 1 1/2 week update. Right after I received my glossybox, I didn't get the vichy cream. sad bear. So I messaged them right after and got a nice but not too generic message a day after:

GLOSSYBOX

Hi Angelique,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! I'm so glad you're enjoying the first month's box. It looks like we've had a bit of a mix-up here. You're totally correct! Per the sneak peek emails, you should have received the Vichy cream. Can you please let us know your email address? I'd be happy to look up your account right away and send the replacement to the shipping address you have on file.

I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything else I could help with.

All the best, Tracy

SO...i was pleased with the quick response. It is now almost 2 weeks and surprise in the mail, I received the Vichy Cream with a Single Eyeshadow by "DAMS" and a sweet deal by glossy: 100 glossy dots for the inconvenience. So far, they've won me over with the customer service. Sorry for those who didn't get very good customer service. :( anyways...thought i'd put it out there so if you are possibly missing an item...give them a holler on a personal msg to GB through FB and hopefully get a quick response and service/item(s).

Haven't gotten to try the other items yet, saving the beauty blender for a special time and i'm guessing it's kind of like the sample size from the original pink beauty blender? Either way, I did test out the BCBG perfume...became my new fav for the meantime. Now to patiently wait for february's upcoming GB :D Nailpolish and eyeliner? oooooooooo My GB senses are tingling XD

I also received a replacement for my beauty blender and the smushed lipstick. I had a beauty blender show up with a slight yellow tint and it was a little bigger than the other two I received to the point it was tight in the container. Anyways, they not only replaced that one but sent two! They sent the lipstick, although it was smushed and bloomed they tried, and the black shadow. It's not likely I'll use the lipstick so oh well, was going to gift it, nothing lost nothing gained. I was wowed and will definitely going back to glossy.... They redeemed themselves.

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah i just received my first glossybox last night. I'm guessing with all this snow storms, it has really delayed alot of mail and also flights etc. Even got a bit of snow this morning (Seattle). Anyways, excited that I got my glossy box, opened it up to find 5 items. Surprised I got the BCBG perfume instead of the VICHY Cream. So I googled around and noticed some people received 6 items instead of just 5? Unless they got two boxes and added all the items together to what you "could" get in the January '14 glossy box.

All the items are great still but was caught by surprise. I also received the beauty blender soup instead of the liquid bottle. I'm guessing that the BCBG perfume was also in a previous glossy box as well. Maybe they ran out of some items and had to sub for some? Too bad and I even subbed for a 3 month subscription too. I should be happy to receive the box but at least be notified that you might not get the exact items through the sneek peek emails. We'll see what is to come for the February '14 box. Hope you all get your boxes soon if not yet!

*** 1 1/2 week update. Right after I received my glossybox, I didn't get the vichy cream. sad bear. So I messaged them right after and got a nice but not too generic message a day after:

GLOSSYBOX

Hi Angelique,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! I'm so glad you're enjoying the first month's box. It looks like we've had a bit of a mix-up here. You're totally correct! Per the sneak peek emails, you should have received the Vichy cream. Can you please let us know your email address? I'd be happy to look up your account right away and send the replacement to the shipping address you have on file.

I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything else I could help with.

All the best, Tracy

SO...i was pleased with the quick response. It is now almost 2 weeks and surprise in the mail, I received the Vichy Cream with a Single Eyeshadow by "DAMS" and a sweet deal by glossy: 100 glossy dots for the inconvenience. So far, they've won me over with the customer service. Sorry for those who didn't get very good customer service. :( anyways...thought i'd put it out there so if you are possibly missing an item...give them a holler on a personal msg to GB through FB and hopefully get a quick response and service/item(s).

Haven't gotten to try the other items yet, saving the beauty blender for a special time and i'm guessing it's kind of like the sample size from the original pink beauty blender? Either way, I did test out the BCBG perfume...became my new fav for the meantime. Now to patiently wait for february's upcoming GB :D Nailpolish and eyeliner? oooooooooo My GB senses are tingling XD

That's so nice of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdvil View Post

I also received a replacement for my beauty blender and the smushed lipstick. I had a beauty blender show up with a slight yellow tint and it was a little bigger than the other two I received to the point it was tight in the container. Anyways, they not only replaced that one but sent two! They sent the lipstick, although it was smushed and bloomed they tried, and the black shadow. It's not likely I'll use the lipstick so oh well, was going to gift it, nothing lost nothing gained. I was wowed and will definitely going back to glossy.... They redeemed themselves.

I also got a "smushed and bloomed" lipstick, is this safe to use? Figured it is just oil but still.. I am excited about the black shadow though as I've been searching for one and it was a pleasant surprise :) So I'm not going to bother to complain again.

I had the same experience with CS! I've heard a lot about how awful it is but they messaged me back about two days later on facebook(and she was very nice). I didn't receive a cleanser for the BB. I didn't hear anything for almost 3 weeks and then a package with two cleansers and the same eyeshadow showed up. It was my first Glossybox and while I was disappointed that they messed up in the first place they redeemed themselves! 

A little off topic but I am trying to redeem my Glossydots for a box for the first time and cannot figure out how to do it. There is nothing to click under "Redeem Glossydots" except the "shop" button which just takes me back to the first page. Can anyone help this relative newbie?

I had the same problem.  I sent them an email about it and they did it manually.
Thanks! I called them and they said it is a system glitch in some subscriptions....they were able to do it for me manually. :)