Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  *gasp* do you mean its not the holy grail that every Youtube blogger swears it is?! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hahah exactly my reaction! I haven't picked one up yet since I am still searching for my HG foundation and was afraid the BB was over priced, but I'll gladly have one in my arsenal. 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hahah exactly my reaction! I haven't picked one up yet since I am still searching for my HG foundation and was afraid the BB was over priced, but I'll gladly have one in my arsenal. 
Yeah..way over priced. I did pick up an Ulta one for $5 and then used a coupon on top of it. I like it but honestly can't tell any difference between that and the cheapo sponges I get at Walmart. I'm interested to see if the BB is any better.

And what better way to see if the hype is real by getting it for free with a box I was going to get anyway? Can you tell this made my day? Lol

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  *gasp* do you mean its not the holy grail that every Youtube blogger swears it is?! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like the coverage or application of the BB. I get better looking coverage with my Sigma 80 (flattop kabuki) or honestly I think I get the best coverage with my fingers. So many people swear by it I thought it must rock.

It is good with my mac pot concealer (studio fix??) but I really don't want to take the extra steps to wet, wring it out and clean it just for my under eye concealer....

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  omg i want it but the white version sounds like a particularly bad idea. It seems like the BB stains really easily already >.<

Yay! I'm excited! I've been eyeing these forever, but couldn't justify the price difference over regular sponges. At least we'll know exactly how well the cleaning solution works with a white blender. 

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! I'm excited! I've been eyeing these forever, but couldn't justify the price difference over regular sponges. At least we'll know exactly how well the cleaning solution works with a white blender. 
me too!  I've been eyeing it  for a while now, but the price just turned me off.  At least here, I will get the blender, plus a sample size of cleanser + some other products.

I hope they have blush and brushes.  It has been a while since they have done a blush, yes?

I am so excited! Haha, what's so funny is that I had never tried out the Beauty Blender before because I almost couldn't justify spending that much money on something so hyped up in the beauty world...if that makes any sense....which is doesn't come to think of it. LOL It's just one of those things that never felt NECESSARY to have, just exciting to have. I was so lucky to have received it from my awesome Secret Santa though and now I'm getting a second one, so I'm in Beauty Blender heaven!
biggrin.gif
Getting it as a gift or in a sub box is totally awesome! Great way to start the year, Glossybox!

Oh! and btw ladies, just so no one panics if they post anything without a spoiler warning tab, this is a spoilers thread so if you have a photo or info to share it doesn't need to be in one, it can be shared openly. You are welcome to put it in one if you'd like to though!
smile.gif

I was just thinking about how I needed a new beauty blender so this is perfect. Eeek on the white coloring though! They stain so badly there's no way it's going to look good after just one use.

I think the dye is meant to have no dye in it. The pink one obviously has been dyed pink and I think some people may have allergies or aversions to dye so they came out with the pure white. I know they also have a black one that's considered the "pro" beauty blender since it looks more professional. 

I have a current sub and tried to gift a January box after seeing the spoiler, but there's no option to do a one-time gift box in the Gift section. Is this something they got rid of recently?

So, I just resubbed for January after "skipping" December.  The BB sucked me right in.  I have a knock off blender, I want to try a "real" one and see if it is different.  

Quote: Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a current sub and tried to gift a January box after seeing the spoiler, but there's no option to do a one-time gift box in the Gift section. Is this something they got rid of recently?

I still see it. Its in the middle of the 3 month and 6 month option. Weird placement but it's there.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, I just resubbed for January after "skipping" December.  The BB sucked me right in.  I have a knock off blender, I want to try a "real" one and see if it is different.  

I was actually just about to buy a dupe because I heard the one by swissco was an exact dupe. I got my original beauty blender through birchbox. I don't think I'll ever pay for a full price one. They are vastly overpriced.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I am really tempted to sub Glossybox for just January because of this spoiler and I was wondering... is it really easy to cancel? Is there a button to click unsubscribe? Or would I have to go through customer service/calling? Thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I am really tempted to sub Glossybox for just January because of this spoiler and I was wondering... is it really easy to cancel? Is there a button to click unsubscribe? Or would I have to go through customer service/calling? Thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've unsubscribed online and works perfectly fine for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've unsubscribed online and works perfectly fine for me.
Thank you so much!

just remember if you pay by paypal to log on there and make sure your payments are also cancelled too.

it never hurts to double check that one.

Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cancel every month and just resub when I want the box.  I've never had a problem canceling.  I just click the button online and that's it.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  just remember if you pay by paypal to log on there and make sure your payments are also cancelled too.

it never hurts to double check that one.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I cancel every month and just resub when I want the box.  I've never had a problem canceling.  I just click the button online and that's it.

Thank you both so much! I'm definitely going to be subscribing this month because the Beauty Blender is already worth the entire cost of the box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay!  I love my Beauty Blender, I'll either keep this one as a spare or gift it to my mom, who has been wanting one. Love this spoiler. 

Back