Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Some people find that it helps them keep that textured messy beachy look to their waves..all I have found was that it makes my hair feel icky and look dirty, so I guess my hair just doesn't like it!

I have discovered that the various sea salt sprays vary greatly on how my hair feels after I use them.  I got Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray from Ipsy one month and it was a total disaster.  However, I got Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves spray for an earlier glossybox and LOVE it.  I don't know how many you have tried, but they really do vary a lot.

I also have wavy hair, and it just emphasizes my waves.  Especially if I scrunch them.  I like the look personally.  Though nothing compares with actual beach hair.  I miss the ocean.  
frown.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Some people find that it helps them keep that textured messy beachy look to their waves..all I have found was that it makes my hair feel icky and look dirty, so I guess my hair just doesn't like it!

I have discovered that the various sea salt sprays vary greatly on how my hair feels after I use them.  I got Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray from Ipsy one month and it was a total disaster.  However, I got Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves spray for an earlier glossybox and LOVE it.  I don't know how many you have tried, but they really do vary a lot.

I also have wavy hair, and it just emphasizes my waves.  Especially if I scrunch them.  I like the look personally.  Though nothing compares with actual beach hair.  I miss the ocean.  
frown.gif

I've tried the Bumble and Bumble surf spray, the Alterna one, Wella, and Philip B. I have hated all of them...so after giving all of those away, I just decided not to try anymore because clearly, this is not a product meant for me.

TO be fair, I never expected to like or want to use one, anyway, but I like to make myself try things anyway. I don't even like to use hairspray, I like my hair to feel soft and silky, and I usually wear it straight anyway. A cute look on others but if I try "beachy", I just look like I misplaced my brush and shampoo. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've tried the Bumble and Bumble surf spray, the Alterna one, Wella, and Philip B. I have hated all of them...so after giving all of those away, I just decided not to try anymore because clearly, this is not a product meant for me.  TO be fair, I never expected to like or want to use one, anyway, but I like to make myself try things anyway. I don't even like to use hairspray, I like my hair to feel soft and silky, and I usually wear it straight anyway. A cute look on others but if I try "beachy", I just look like I misplaced my brush and shampoo. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I never expected sea salt spray to work for me, but this one gave me super straight, but not limp, hair.....like Asian hair, that I love!

Quote: Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried the Bumble and Bumble surf spray, the Alterna one, Wella, and Philip B. I have hated all of them...so after giving all of those away, I just decided not to try anymore because clearly, this is not a product meant for me.

TO be fair, I never expected to like or want to use one, anyway, but I like to make myself try things anyway. I don't even like to use hairspray, I like my hair to feel soft and silky, and I usually wear it straight anyway. A cute look on others but if I try "beachy", I just look like I misplaced my brush and shampoo.
frown.gif

I never expected sea salt spray to work for me, but this one gave me super straight, but not limp, hair.....like Asian hair, that I love! I'm glad it worked out for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I found someone to trade with, so mine won't go to waste either! Yay!

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Aaaaaand . . . they just called.  The CS agent (I believe "Jess"?) was completely rude with me.  I gave the phone to my husband because she wanted all of the USPS tracking information that WE did the work on, as he is the one that filed an investigation with USPS this afternoon.  She was also completely rude with him.  He called her out on it.

At the end, after a very round-and-round, nothing accomplished, totally witchy conversation with him - my husband asked the agent if my account could at least be credited with Glossydots for our treatment, their failure to contact us, and the continued delay.  She said, "I apologize but no."  And that was the end of the conversation.

They won't even discuss a box credit for 12 more days.

I'm too gobsmacked to even be angry at this point.  But they're not going to like me when I'm angry.
Sorry you had to deal with such horrible customer service.

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  One final follow-up because in the end Glossybox did provide actual customer service (via Facebook private message) and I think it's something everyone might want to file back - whether you need it now, or might need it in the future...  Hope it helps!

Hi Robyn,

Thank you again, for taking the time to send such a detailed update (So happy your box arrived, too!). It truly means a lot to me, and to GLOSSYBOX as a company to receive such elaborate feedback-- the good and the bad of it, so we can improve for future subscribers.

I have added 200 glossydots to your account, for all your troubles.

Once more, I'd like to say I'm so sorry for your experience. If there is anything we can do to help, do send us a private message (they're easier to keep track of than comments on our page, to make sure we respond to everything) or shoot us an email to [email protected].

We hope you enjoy your GLOSSYBOX treats & have a great day.

All the best, Tracy

Something like this from the start would have saved so many headaches on both our parts! I also want to add that until my box showed up today (I sent her the photo to see it had arrived and all was well) - Tracy had already put me on a list this morning for a free replacement box. When I thanked her and told her there was no need now, she gave me the Glossydots in order to do something for me.

So in the future, definitely make sure you contact Tracy with one of the methods above!

That's great they were able to give you glossydots!

I forgot to mention I did get my box a little over a week ago, overall very happy with the box.

Tried the vichy for the first time tonight... seems like a good night moisturizer. A little goes a long way, but it smells like my grandma's face lotion so I am having a hard time getting over that since I heavily associate that smell with old people. lol

Tried the vichy for the first time tonight... seems like a good night moisturizer. A little goes a long way, but it smells like my grandma's face lotion so I am having a hard time getting over that since I heavily associate that smell with old people. lol
I thought it smelled kinda weird too, but the scent definitely faded quickly for me. And it works so well, that the slight smell wouldn't keep me from using it!

Quote: Originally Posted by Angelize1218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah i just received my first glossybox last night. I'm guessing with all this snow storms, it has really delayed alot of mail and also flights etc. Even got a bit of snow this morning (Seattle). Anyways, excited that I got my glossy box, opened it up to find 5 items. Surprised I got the BCBG perfume instead of the VICHY Cream. So I googled around and noticed some people received 6 items instead of just 5? Unless they got two boxes and added all the items together to what you "could" get in the January '14 glossy box.

All the items are great still but was caught by surprise. I also received the beauty blender soup instead of the liquid bottle. I'm guessing that the BCBG perfume was also in a previous glossy box as well. Maybe they ran out of some items and had to sub for some? Too bad and I even subbed for a 3 month subscription too. I should be happy to receive the box but at least be notified that you might not get the exact items through the sneek peek emails. We'll see what is to come for the February '14 box. Hope you all get your boxes soon if not yet!

*** 1 1/2 week update. Right after I received my glossybox, I didn't get the vichy cream. sad bear. So I messaged them right after and got a nice but not too generic message a day after:

GLOSSYBOX

Hi Angelique,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! I'm so glad you're enjoying the first month's box. It looks like we've had a bit of a mix-up here. You're totally correct! Per the sneak peek emails, you should have received the Vichy cream. Can you please let us know your email address? I'd be happy to look up your account right away and send the replacement to the shipping address you have on file.

I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything else I could help with.

All the best, Tracy

SO...i was pleased with the quick response. It is now almost 2 weeks and surprise in the mail, I received the Vichy Cream with a Single Eyeshadow by "DAMS" and a sweet deal by glossy: 100 glossy dots for the inconvenience. So far, they've won me over with the customer service. Sorry for those who didn't get very good customer service. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> anyways...thought i'd put it out there so if you are possibly missing an item...give them a holler on a personal msg to GB through FB and hopefully get a quick response and service/item(s).

Haven't gotten to try the other items yet, saving the beauty blender for a special time and i'm guessing it's kind of like the sample size from the original pink beauty blender? Either way, I did test out the BCBG perfume...became my new fav for the meantime. Now to patiently wait for february's upcoming GB :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Nailpolish and eyeliner? oooooooooo My GB senses are tingling XD

I also received a replacement for my beauty blender and the smushed lipstick. I had a beauty blender show up with a slight yellow tint and it was a little bigger than the other two I received to the point it was tight in the container. Anyways, they not only replaced that one but sent two! They sent the lipstick, although it was smushed and bloomed they tried, and the black shadow. It's not likely I'll use the lipstick so oh well, was going to gift it, nothing lost nothing gained. I was wowed and will definitely going back to glossy.... They redeemed themselves.

Yeah i just received my first glossybox last night. I'm guessing with all this snow storms, it has really delayed alot of mail and also flights etc. Even got a bit of snow this morning (Seattle). Anyways, excited that I got my glossy box, opened it up to find 5 items. Surprised I got the BCBG perfume instead of the VICHY Cream. So I googled around and noticed some people received 6 items instead of just 5? Unless they got two boxes and added all the items together to what you "could" get in the January '14 glossy box.

All the items are great still but was caught by surprise. I also received the beauty blender soup instead of the liquid bottle. I'm guessing that the BCBG perfume was also in a previous glossy box as well. Maybe they ran out of some items and had to sub for some? Too bad and I even subbed for a 3 month subscription too. I should be happy to receive the box but at least be notified that you might not get the exact items through the sneek peek emails. We'll see what is to come for the February '14 box. Hope you all get your boxes soon if not yet!

*** 1 1/2 week update. Right after I received my glossybox, I didn't get the vichy cream. sad bear. So I messaged them right after and got a nice but not too generic message a day after:

GLOSSYBOX

Hi Angelique,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! I'm so glad you're enjoying the first month's box. It looks like we've had a bit of a mix-up here. You're totally correct! Per the sneak peek emails, you should have received the Vichy cream. Can you please let us know your email address? I'd be happy to look up your account right away and send the replacement to the shipping address you have on file.

I apologize for the inconvenience and please let me know if there is anything else I could help with.

All the best, Tracy

SO...i was pleased with the quick response. It is now almost 2 weeks and surprise in the mail, I received the Vichy Cream with a Single Eyeshadow by "DAMS" and a sweet deal by glossy: 100 glossy dots for the inconvenience. So far, they've won me over with the customer service. Sorry for those who didn't get very good customer service. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> anyways...thought i'd put it out there so if you are possibly missing an item...give them a holler on a personal msg to GB through FB and hopefully get a quick response and service/item(s).

Haven't gotten to try the other items yet, saving the beauty blender for a special time and i'm guessing it's kind of like the sample size from the original pink beauty blender? Either way, I did test out the BCBG perfume...became my new fav for the meantime. Now to patiently wait for february's upcoming GB :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Nailpolish and eyeliner? oooooooooo My GB senses are tingling XD
That's so nice of them!

Quote: Originally Posted by tazdvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I also received a replacement for my beauty blender and the smushed lipstick. I had a beauty blender show up with a slight yellow tint and it was a little bigger than the other two I received to the point it was tight in the container. Anyways, they not only replaced that one but sent two! They sent the lipstick, although it was smushed and bloomed they tried, and the black shadow. It's not likely I'll use the lipstick so oh well, was going to gift it, nothing lost nothing gained. I was wowed and will definitely going back to glossy.... They redeemed themselves.

I also got a "smushed and bloomed" lipstick, is this safe to use? Figured it is just oil but still.. I am excited about the black shadow though as I've been searching for one and it was a pleasant surprise :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I'm not going to bother to complain again.

I had the same experience with CS! I've heard a lot about how awful it is but they messaged me back about two days later on facebook(and she was very nice). I didn't receive a cleanser for the BB. I didn't hear anything for almost 3 weeks and then a package with two cleansers and the same eyeshadow showed up. It was my first Glossybox and while I was disappointed that they messed up in the first place they redeemed themselves! 

A little off topic but I am trying to redeem my Glossydots for a box for the first time and cannot figure out how to do it. There is nothing to click under "Redeem Glossydots" except the "shop" button which just takes me back to the first page. Can anyone help this relative newbie?

Back