Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine. I tried the solid BB cleaner and liked it, I am storing it on a plastic screw top crafts container . Very nice blush, but I can't believe the ugly lipstick is indeed a fan favorite. I subscribed for the month and canceled, but then purchased a gift box, and after Jan sold out, purchased another gift box, so will get feb for $15!

Quote: Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

but I can't believe the ugly lipstick is indeed a fan favorite.
LMFAO IKR? I got it too and was like... what? XD 

(apologies to those who do like it)

My box was delivered today.  It is a miracle!  I had the solid bb cleanser and perfume in my box.  I emailed Glossybox about having already gotten the perfume.  I figure the worse thing that can happen is that they say no to sending a different item.  I'm ok with them having to sub for an item they ran out of.  However, I think they should have done so with something they didnt already send out.

I tried the beauty blender today and really like it.  The blush is also a good color for me.  I will never sub to GB again but I'm glad that the products were worth the wait.  

I am not sure if the BB is for me.  I have watched the videos (boy, did I feel stupid) and the thing is, I get more coverage using my fingers.  When I use the BB, it all seems to go back into the sponge and not on my face. 

any clues on what I am doing wrong? I do have very oily skin.

I missed the mail dude yesterday. I went to pick up my box from the post office but they closed earlier than I recalled. Now I have to swing by before work Monday morning! I am not even stoked about the contents anymore.

Finally got my gift box. It had the solid cleanser and the perfume. I am debating contacting gb about the perfume. I already received it in a prior box but this was my second January box, and the first came as advertised. Since it was a gift box I'm not sure they would recognize it as being a dupe. Any thoughts?

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am not sure if the BB is for me.  I have watched the videos (boy, did I feel stupid) and the thing is, I get more coverage using my fingers.  When I use the BB, it all seems to go back into the sponge and not on my face. 

any clues on what I am doing wrong? I do have very oily skin.
I had to make sure I dried it pretty well before trying to use it.  The coverage looked lighter than with my fingers but it looked more natural while still evening out my skin tone.  I think this is supposed to give a more "naturally flawless" look.  It was also very helpful in blending the mineral blush.  I hope this helps.  

Finally got my gift box. It had the solid cleanser and the perfume. I am debating contacting gb about the perfume. I already received it in a prior box but this was my second January box, and the first came as advertised. Since it was a gift box I'm not sure they would recognize it as being a dupe. Any thoughts?
Yea I just msged gb on fb yesterday in hopes they would let me know if it was a sub to get the perfume instead of the vichy creme. Realizing I probably could do without because I have oily skin but still it would be nice to have, ya know? So no reply yet but will keep posted. You can too if you want, double ourchances. Im thinking others have too so far. The perfume is great too.

I am not sure if the BB is for me.  I have watched the videos (boy, did I feel stupid) and the thing is, I get more coverage using my fingers.  When I use the BB, it all seems to go back into the sponge and not on my face.  any clues on what I am doing wrong? I do have very oily skin.
I had to make sure I dried it pretty well before trying to use it.  The coverage looked lighter than with my fingers but it looked more natural while still evening out my skin tone.  I think this is supposed to give a more "naturally flawless" look.  It was also very helpful in blending the mineral blush.  I hope this helps.  
No worries, yea its better or im guessing the proper way to use the bb is make the sponge a little wet but not soaking with water then apply with makeup. So that way the makeup sits on top of the sponge rather than soaking back into the sponge and wasting product. Try it and see if theres a difference. Could apply dry if wanting a lighter coverage. Gluck!

Quote: Originally Posted by Angelize1218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No worries, yea its better or im guessing the proper way to use the bb is make the sponge a little wet but not soaking with water then apply with makeup. So that way the makeup sits on top of the sponge rather than soaking back into the sponge and wasting product. Try it and see if theres a difference. Could apply dry if wanting a lighter coverage. Gluck!

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you @LadyK and @Angelize1218!  I did squeeze water out of it after my first attempt, cause it was too wet, but even then it was still just soaking back into the sponge.  I will try it dry.    Thanks for the tip on using it for the blush - it may be that I use this for blushes instead!

I'm still waiting for my box but I have a bb already. I like using it slight damp by wetting it and squeeze out the excess water the night before so by morning it's just slightly damp and ready for application. Sometimes if I forget, I wrap it in a dry towel and give it a few squeeze to dry it down more. Maybe this will help others.

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm still waiting for my box but I have a bb already. I like using it slight damp by wetting it and squeeze out the excess water the night before so by morning it's just slightly damp and ready for application. Sometimes if I forget, I wrap it in a dry towel and give it a few squeeze to dry it down more. Maybe this will help others.
thank you - that is a great idea!

thank you @LadyK and @Angelize1218!  I did squeeze water out of it after my first attempt, cause it was too wet, but even then it was still just soaking back into the sponge.  I will try it dry.    Thanks for the tip on using it for the blush - it may be that I use this for blushes instead!
I'm not sure if I read about this here or on my journey to figure out how to use the BB, but I think I heard at one point it doesn't work as well with water based makeup? I'm not sure what other makeup bases there really are, but it makes sense to me I guess.

Do you need to contact CS I would definitely recommend using a private message on Facebook. I didn't receive the BB cleaner in box so I sent them a message yesterday and the replied today letting me know they would get one sent to me right away.

Well, I finally received my Jan Glossybox today. On Feb.10 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The body wash leaked out on everything. There is a small hole in the top of the beauty blender so some even got on it. Total waste. Not even worth the hassle to write them. I'm disgusted with this "business" Side note: My Feb. Ipsy bag should be here tomorrow, so that's something to look forward to. I don't know how a business that charges half the price manages to get customers their packages on time, and treats their customers with respect but somehow they do. I'll stick with Ipsy.

I'm still waiting on my box, my first box is lost USPS has no clue where it ended up. Called GB last wed and was told a replacement was being sent out that day. I live about 2 hours from where they are sent out and I still don't have it. 
nixweiss.gif

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions over here, but I thought I might just throw this out there.

I noticed that the Beauty Blender Pure I received in my January Glossybox is slightly different than the original Beauty Blender that I have had for the last month (purchased from Sephora, my 3rd BB). It is slightly bigger, the tip is not as pointy, the contour is not as smooth, and the texture is different. It isn't as "squishy" as the original pink BBs I have used for the last year.

Thoughts??

Back