Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrote their facebook page a novel...I truly don't expect anything to come of it, but at least my experience is documented and maybe they can be more forthcoming with new clients on how they prefer to stay in touch in lieu of emails and phone calls, aka social media...

I don't know if this had been mentioned, but did anyone else get 2 surveys for each item in this box? I only ordered one box, but I have 2 identical (poorly worded, sometimes nonsensical) surveys for each product. Not that I'm complaining about the extra Glossydots...just wondering if this is a glitch everyone had.

Finally got my Glossy Box today! Still got 1 more coming and it should be delivering tomorrow. I love the box and it was worth the wait!   
cloud9.gif

Just opened my box and I LOVE IT and I agree with @Jana B , worth the wait! I got the solid cleaner just like I had hoped for! The blush is large and gorgeous. Everything else a decent size. Looking forward testing everything out! 

Did everyone else get the email from Glossybox offering 20% off and two free samples on the Vichy website? This is one I might actually use! Love the Vichy and the price is right! Code is "GLOSSYBOX"

Quote: Originally Posted by hitchcockblonde /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did everyone else get the email from Glossybox offering 20% off and two free samples on the Vichy website? This is one I might actually use! Love the Vichy and the price is right!

Code is "GLOSSYBOX"
Once again, another email that I didn't receive... but thank you for sharing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

don't know if anyone is interested...but the giveaway on glossybox facebook page is $1000 worth of vichy! 

Quote: Originally Posted by itsMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wrote their facebook page a novel...I truly don't expect anything to come of it, but at least my experience is documented and maybe they can be more forthcoming with new clients on how they prefer to stay in touch in lieu of emails and phone calls, aka social media...
did you private message them or post it on their main page?  I have found I get better service when I take it private.

I just got back from CA.  I've been gone since Friday.  I ordered the La Prairie box before I left and was still waiting for my January box. On Jan 30th, I received 2  emails saying that my boxes had shipped, both, my regular sub and the La Prairie.  I came home to the La Prairie box!!  I checked the tracking for both boxes and guess what?  They sent me the 'your box has shipped" email for my regular sub without actually shipping the box!l   It did not ship until 2 days later.  The LP box was shipped the day prior.   I checked tracking on both boxes and my monthly box is at my PO. It says "Delivered" but it hasn't been yet.  We did have a snow store yesterday.   I wish they were more honest and transparent with how they do things and when things are going to be late, TELL ME!!  In an email, to my email address.. The updates U do get are from MUT or FB but mostly MUT.  I shouldn't have to go to a 3rd party site to get information!!

Plus they are all over the place with how they respond to the issue to each member. I sent an email asking when I could expect my box and I received a canned reply. I was never offered the 200 glossydots.    

Ugh!  Glossybox is one of my favorite subs in terms of products that come in the boxes but their customer service is terrible. BB trips over themselves to make things right. I have gotten 100 points several times from them for the SMALLEST issue I have had. I've never had to ask, they just did it as a courtesy to make me happy!  There is no comparison between GB and BB when it comes to CS.  BB wins hands down.  As far as GB is concerned, this better not happen again or March will be my last month as a customer!  All the issues this month were ridiculous and in my opinion unnecessary!!!

Wow...I've only used it once and I thought it made my skin feel oily by the end of the day...maybe it was the fact I've been slacking on face washing since I got injured. Maybe I'll have to give it another shot! 
I've actually been using it on my hands! Lol! My hands have been crazy dry and it's been helping a lot.

did you private message them or post it on their main page?  I have found I get better service when I take it private.
I private messaged them; I didn't want to clutter up their page with my story! I received a response this morning from Jackie; she apologized for the experience and said she's wàs shocked by it. Then she gifted me 200 glossy dots to my account. It was a very nice gesture; not anything I had requested or was seeking, but a nice show of customer service. Based on my own experience with glossybox, I think they absolutely shine in social media CS...I really think they should encourage new members to follow them on social media in lieu of email/phone....I think my entire experience could have been 100 times better had I known that earlier on!

I got my box last night!! Haven't had time to play around with anything yet, but I was very happy with it when I opened it! I got the variation with the solid BB cleanser and the perfume! Can't wait to get home and check it all out!

FINALLY got my box today! I got the solid cleanser and the perfume also.  I'm super excited to try everything in this box! Love the scent of the perfume, been wanting to try the beauty blender for a long time, heard good things about vichy. I think the blush is a good color for me and the sea salt spray will work well with my hair.  But oh how I wish Glossybox would get their act together so I can justify subscribing!

Quote: Originally Posted by Bikerchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Still no box. Tracking hasn't updated since the 2nd.  I'm beyond frustrated.
Yup, I'm in the same situation as you. My box is just sitting in Indiana.

just got my box! it's my first glossybox, and the product selection is good. i don't think i'll use the blush (i have too much so this will probably go to the swap list), and something about the perfume is off-putting to me, i hate one of the top notes, but the drydown is nice.....but i still love the box. and the cardboard box is absolutely adorable!

Latest posts

Back