Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! This is a well thought out review !

This was the blurb I wrote on my referral link honeypot site: If you can stand it, I'd hold on to your Ipsy and BB subs for another month until you get the box and see if it's worth the extra money to you.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was the blurb I wrote on my referral link honeypot site:

If you can stand it, I'd hold on to your Ipsy and BB subs for another month until you get the box and see if it's worth the extra money to you.

I agree wholeheartedly. I've done birchbox and Ipsy but I've never been as impressed with any of my boxes as much as I was with my December Glossybox. I have two more months prepaid through GB then I may end up cancelling Ipsy and just paying for GB. 

For me, GB has a lot more variety and offers me products that I may have never heard of AND the sizing of all products is extremely generous. This was one reason I hated BB. (Granted, it's been at least a year since I've done BB so I don't know if this has changed.)

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree wholeheartedly. I've done birchbox and Ipsy but I've never been as impressed with any of my boxes as much as I was with my December Glossybox. I have two more months prepaid through GB then I may end up cancelling Ipsy and just paying for GB. 

For me, GB has a lot more variety and offers me products that I may have never heard of AND the sizing of all products is extremely generous. This was one reason I hated BB. (Granted, it's been at least a year since I've done BB so I don't know if this has changed.)
Me too I totally agree....I cancelled BB as I always had box envy and for some reason I never got anything that was in their videos after the first 2 months...  Ipsy I still have but I'm looking at cancelling.  

GB I just started in Oct - I ended up gifting a 2nd box to my daughter in Oct, Dec and it looks like I will again in Jan...to me that says that GB is definately doing  something right...also I have to say that there are more products in my GB that I will repurchase!  I loved things like the Aloe source and the Tarte products that we got in  past boxes so I guess I am pretty happy with GB - just wishing I got the living social deal lol - but I bought a years sub before that came out 
icon_evil.gif

I also got rid of my sub to Blush as I find that for me GB has the things I want to buy again...  Also I have to say the few times I've had issues GB customer service has been really good - but maybe I just got lucky!  

I receive BB and Ipsy and sometimes Glossybox. I have to agree that Glossybox has more items that I have bought. Although I do love the BB points.

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So true! I'm considering a second box. Is that crazy?
Not if you can use a good majority of the items they send! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Or if not, then trade them away from things you can use. 

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I'm looking for the empty boxes!
How many? I have more than 10 I think.

I've been thinking about signing up for Glossybox for  awhile and decided to go for it when I saw the BeautyBlender. I already own and love a BB but my 5 year old who loves all things pink is always taking it to add to her "pink collection" Maybe a white one won't disappear on me all the time!

Thinking about getting this box.. when is the latest I can order it?  I'd love to be able to wait until next Friday and try a 3 month.. I just cancelled Ipsy- my collection is pretty built up at this point and higher end products get used more frequently for sure.. I really don't need another sub but I want that Beauty Blender!

Thinking about getting this box.. when is the latest I can order it?  I'd love to be able to wait until next Friday and try a 3 month.. I just cancelled Ipsy- my collection is pretty built up at this point and higher end products get used more frequently for sure.. I really don't need another sub but I want that Beauty Blender!
I'm wondering this too! I asked on Twitter & they favorited my tweet but didn't respond haha

when I ordered my october box, it was the last week of October - well after 10/20.  I think it was around 10/24....

Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering this too! I asked on Twitter & they favorited my tweet but didn't respond haha
I think it depends. They sell out (I'm not sure if they always do, but last month they did), so it might depend on how good the teasers are. Since this one is pretty good, I think it'll probably sell out quickly. Not sure what date it was that it sold out last month.

Quote: Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think it depends. They sell out (I'm not sure if they always do, but last month they did), so it might depend on how good the teasers are. Since this one is pretty good, I think it'll probably sell out quickly. Not sure what date it was that it sold out last month.

This is helpful!  To buy or not to buy...

Last month was the only month I recall them selling out but I've only had this sub since June. I think the living social deal was the cause of that and it sold out somewhere around the last 10 days of the month. I used to buy one around the 20-26th of every month after I saw all the spoilers or after other people revealed what was in their boxes. Plus I was waiting for a code. I would just buy it now though if you're super interested in the beauty blender.

Well, they sucked me back in.  I haven't subbed to Glossybox for months but I saw the e-mail about the beauty blender and I've wanted to try one for sooooooo long!  It is worth the whole box so I know I'm sure to be happy.  

Quote: Originally Posted by leslieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay yesterday I signed up for Glossybox because I was going to buy a BeautyBlender and saw every box was going to get one so I signed up. I am not in the financial position to have a Glossy box , Birchbox , and Ipsy so I need opinions ! Do you girlies think I should cancel BB & Ipsy ? What do Glossyboxes consist of ? Makeup ? skincare ? Thank you !
I cancelled my Birchbox because the value wasn't consistent enough for me.  Ipsy is always a wayyy better value in terms of cost and what you actually get.  Glossybox is a mix of makeup and skincare but it is higher end than ipsy.  It is pretty good, better than Birchbox in terms of value as well.  I hope you used the code FANFAV to get a free lipstick!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by kgus22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone know if I gift a one time box to someone, will they get the next months box, or will it be like a sampler box?
I have gifted a box to myself (while also subscribed) and the two boxes I received were identical.

I cancelled my Birchbox because the value wasn't consistent enough for me.  Ipsy is always a wayyy better value in terms of cost and what you actually get.  Glossybox is a mix of makeup and skincare but it is higher end than ipsy.  It is pretty good, better than Birchbox in terms of value as well.  I hope you used the code FANFAV to get a free lipstick!!!
NO! I am now lipstick-less! I thought that code was for orders of products and I got this subscription on a whim for the beauty blender :/ but now that I hear about its value I might just give up on ipsy and Birchbox. I got my first Birchbox yesterday and it was really quite boring , I was most excited about the chocolate bar than anything else. But that was a welcome box & I have a three months gift subscription so I will give it a try! Thanks for your advice!

Back