Glossybox January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by leslieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NO! I am now lipstick-less! I thought that code was for orders of products and I got this subscription on a whim for the beauty blender :/ but now that I hear about its value I might just give up on ipsy and Birchbox. I got my first Birchbox yesterday and it was really quite boring , I was most excited about the chocolate bar than anything else. But that was a welcome box & I have a three months gift subscription so I will give it a try! Thanks for your advice!
I subscribed to BB for 4 months...and I only ever got 1 box.  The other 3 months it got lost or they "forgot" to send it.  The one I got had too small samples for me to really be into it. That plus the hassle of going out of my way to contact them asking about my box made me cancel.  I def like Glossybox better - much larger samples that really help me decide if I want to get a product in the future. I got a 6 month subscription and I love it!

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I subscribed to BB for 4 months...and I only ever got 1 box.  The other 3 months it got lost or they "forgot" to send it.  The one I got had too small samples for me to really be into it. That plus the hassle of going out of my way to contact them asking about my box made me cancel.  I def like Glossybox better - much larger samples that really help me decide if I want to get a product in the future. I got a 6 month subscription and I love it!
Wow, that's crazy.  Once my box was taking a while to get to me and they just sent another one, no questions.  I'm surprised they dropped the ball so badly month after month for you.  Did they refund you?

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow, that's crazy.  Once my box was taking a while to get to me and they just sent another one, no questions.  I'm surprised they dropped the ball so badly month after month for you.  Did they refund you?
This was probably almost 2 years ago, maybe they were first starting and still working out kinks?  Yes, they refunded every time, but only after we sent like 3 emails back and forth.  So when I think of BB I just think of all that hassle and time waste, when it really should have been just a fun thing.  They never went out of their way to help or apologize for all the issues. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Sumayyah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I cancelled my Birchbox because the value wasn't consistent enough for me.  Ipsy is always a wayyy better value in terms of cost and what you actually get.  Glossybox is a mix of makeup and skincare but it is higher end than ipsy.  It is pretty good, better than Birchbox in terms of value as well.  I hope you used the code FANFAV to get a free lipstick!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by leslieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NO! I am now lipstick-less! I thought that code was for orders of products and I got this subscription on a whim for the beauty blender :/ but now that I hear about its value I might just give up on ipsy and Birchbox. I got my first Birchbox yesterday and it was really quite boring , I was most excited about the chocolate bar than anything else. But that was a welcome box & I have a three months gift subscription so I will give it a try! Thanks for your advice!

I was under the impression that the FANFAV code was only for the 3, 6, or 12 month sub so I didn't use the code sadly.  I did however just emailed them seeing if they can fix my mistake of not entering in the promo code.  Worst that can happen is them telling me the code is not valid for month to month sub.

Quote: Originally Posted by probablyedible /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was under the impression that the FANFAV code was only for the 3, 6, or 12 month sub so I didn't use the code sadly.  I did however just emailed them seeing if they can fix my mistake of not entering in the promo code.  Worst that can happen is them telling me the code is not valid for month to month sub.
no, it can be used for the monthly one as well.  I did the monthly with it - it took and I confirmed it with glossybox that I will be getting a lipstick.

Quote: Originally Posted by probablyedible /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm, perhaps I will email and ask about that too! I used a living social voucher, so there wasn't anywhere else for me to put in the code.

What do you think of the newest Glossybox for men?

http://campaigns.glossybox.com/us/mens_glossybox/?mid=us.newsletter.glossybox.20140107shopopenmanbox.me&cc=The+perfect+gift+for+your+Valentine+A+box+of+products+that+takes+the+guesswork+out+of+grooming.+Give&utm_medium=email&rid=UGKL7XD-NW217F4&utm_campaign=us_20140107_mix_me_shopopenmanbox+&utm_source=newsletter&m2u=W8502JM-W7A4676-AD2WLP

I'm not sure my guy would use these goodies...will have to do some research!

• BVLGARI Cologne - deluxe sample I think
  • Nuxe Men Eye Cream - looks full size - sells on amazon for $26.8
  • Redken for Men Texturizing Clay - sells at ulta for $19 but is often on sale
  • Redken for Men Shampoo 
  • Sisley Moisturizer - looks like a small sample
  • Zirh Pre-Shave Oil - amazon sells this for $13.99
Its not looking like its amazing value...think I might pass on this one.

Quote: Originally Posted by dancersmum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What do you think of the newest Glossybox for men?

I saw that last night and showed my husband - everything in the box but the cologne got a big eyeroll from him (especially the eye cream, no pun intended).  I've honestly never seen a box where the majority of the items would be used by any of the men I know - Nerd Block and Loot Crate come the closest but still aren't "just right".

NO, not getting the Glossybox for men. I gave my fiance the birchbox for men.  He only used the lifestyle products (iphone cord and ribbed hat) and chapstick.  Oh, and the only "beauty" product he ever used, which I must admit, I have too, is the English Laundry Arrogant shower gel.  It was a full sized ( i think) and smells good. I canceled after four months.

He actually misses getting a package in the mail and asked if they had any subscription for car guys. I couldn't find any, but that would be a cool sub...tools, gloves, car products, cleaners....hmmm

I'm using glossydots for this month and also gifting a box to myself.  I really like the beauty blender and can't wait to see what other goodies will be included.

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw that last night and showed my husband - everything in the box but the cologne got a big eyeroll from him (especially the eye cream, no pun intended).  I've honestly never seen a box where the majority of the items would be used by any of the men I know - Nerd Block and Loot Crate come the closest but still aren't "just right".
My boyfriend subscribes to Klutchclub (we are into health and fitness), Love with Food, and Graze (he LOVES this one). I have yet to find a "Men's" Box he would like.

I think the Men's box would be well suited for a gay man. I'm not being rude, or mean, but it's true. They're wayyyy more into this stuff than straight guys

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmmm, perhaps I will email and ask about that too! I used a living social voucher, so there wasn't anywhere else for me to put in the code.

Well no luck.  They wont help me out =(

"Thanks for writing in! I would love to help you out, but unfortunately all promotional codes must be redeemed at the time of purchase, as stated under the rules and conditions."

The rep's name is Alex.

I don't know about the men's box. My husband will only use Zirh shaving gel (birchbox man sent it)  and marshalls has been a great place to find it for a great price. I don't think he would use the pre shave oil though. He just find new products to be a hassle and would rather take my stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nah, I bought a gift box for myself... lol
Add me to the "considering gifting myself a box" club...decisions decisions...lol 
icon_lol.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think the Men's box would be well suited for a gay man. I'm not being rude, or mean, but it's true. They're wayyyy more into this stuff than straight guys
Hahaha, you haven't met my Brother-in-law.  He has more products than me!  I think a lot of the young metro and hipster guys might be more into products now.  It just depends on the guy.   

Does the GB Men's box deserve it's own thread?

My bf is way more lootcrate than this or BirchBox, although BirchBox somewhat hit the mark with some of their accessories (t-shirts, socks, knit hats etc.), but the heavy shaving and hair care products makes Birchbox hit or miss sometimes.  That and their travel candle busted while lit and nearly destroyed my coffee table.  

Latest posts

Back